Reaction score
Wade gets cranky

Wade Phillips got a little testy with reporters Monday when one asked a question about discipline. The reference was to penalties the Cowboys have incurred. After two games, the Cowboys have 18 penalties, which is the sixth most among teams that have played two games.

When asked if he thought his team was disciplined, Phillips said: “I do. I think we work hard at what we do. We pay a lot of attention to detail. We will change things that we feel like are hurting us. That’s what we’re always going to do.”

When the line of questioning continued, however, Phillips said: “I don’ like your line of questioning. You can ask me a question. You going into players sayig this. And you think this. Just say it.”

Later, Phillips was asked why he had such a problem with the question and said: “I just didn’t like the way it was asked. You know that I know what you’re trying to get at. Or maybe you don’t know.”

And what was that?

“That I’m not very disciplined and that the team doesn’t play disciplined.”

So finally, Phillips was asked to simply make a statement about discipline.

“I’m not concerned about the discipline of the team, no,” he said.

-- Jan Hubbard

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2010/09/wade-gets-cranky.html#ixzz109w2ndlq

tiny tim

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think I heard this live on the ticket at 3pm Dallas time and 4pm Florida time.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's getting ridiculous the way this organization is being run.

With this much talent, there shouldn't be any excuses.

We don't have much talent on the Oline. Like I said, when 4/5ths of your starting Oline is 32 years and older, you're going to have problems. But we still have enough talent at the skill positions to where we shouldn't be in this situation.

Jones may micromange this team, but he basically has given Garrett the keys to the kingdom, and if he cannot get it done with this, who would hire him?

Reaction score
Wade just needs to shut up and coach, quite coming up with excuses for players while you are at it....

C

Cr122

Wade just needs to shut up and coach, quite coming up with excuses for players while you are at it....

It won't happen, cboys72. JMO.

If we continue to struggle this year, and we don't make the playoffs, Wade is gone for sure though.

C

Cr122

We don't have much talent on the Oline. Like I said, when 4/5ths of your starting Oline is 32 years and older, you're going to have problems. But we still have enough talent at the skill positions to where we shouldn't be in this situation.

Jones may micromange this team, but he basically has given Garrett the keys to the kingdom, and if he cannot get it done with this, who would hire him?

I know, our O-line is in shambles right now.

The weakest part of our team for sure.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lose 40 pounds, gain 40 pounds, it doesn't matter if you're a piece of shit that nobody loves.

I hate you, Wade.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know, our O-line is in shambles right now.

The weakest part of our team for sure.

OC is the weakest part of this team. Once again, we are able to move the ball up the field right until we get close to the red zone and then the offense stalls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder if Wade got as testy with the players as he did with reporters.

I've been all over the place with Wade. Initially I thought he was a decent hire because of his expertise with the 3-4. I really soured on him in 2008 and was convinced most of last year he was done. Then he won me over with how the team played vs New Orleans through the Vikes game. I was absolutely convinced we had turned the corner, then have been shocked at how lousy they've been most of preseason and both regular season games. The defense was horrendous vs Chicago, andf I dont think the Bears are worth a crap. Two sack, no forced turnovers ans a slew of big plays given up, if he cant even get the defense to perform, he really isnt worth having here.

C

Cr122

I've been all over the place with Wade. Initially I thought he was a decent hire because of his expertise with the 3-4. I really soured on him in 2008 and was convinced most of last year he was done. Then he won me over with how the team played vs New Orleans through the Vikes game. I was absolutely convinced we had turned the corner, then have been shocked at how lousy they've been most of preseason and both regular season games. The defense was horrendous vs Chicago, andf I dont think the Bears are worth a crap. Two sack, no forced turnovers ans a slew of big plays given up, if he cant even get the defense to perform, he really isnt worth having here.

That's how I am feeling about him right now, if his defensive players are calling him out about practice, what does that say about them trusting him?

I think he's lost this team, but I hope I am wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's how I am feeling about him right now, if his defensive players are calling him out about practice, what does that say about them trusting him?

I think he's lost this team, but I hope I am wrong.

I kind of do too. I hope it hasnt happened, but the players seem to really be questioning alot of stuff that shouldnt need to be questioned.

And I still dont understand how the defense was so bad vs Chicago. How many plays did they have where it seemed like they didnt know where to line up or who to cover? How did Cutler not go home in a box with the OL they had out there?

C

Cr122

I kind of do too. I hope it hasnt happened, but the players seem to really be questioning alot of stuff that shouldnt need to be questioned.

And I still dont understand how the defense was so bad vs Chicago. How many plays did they have where it seemed like they didnt know where to line up or who to cover? How did Cutler not go home in a box with the OL they had out there?

The defense was out of place at times. And it showed on the deep ball when Cutler burned us.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

That's pretty much the same progession I've gone through with Wade. I didn't want him back last year but when you win a playoff game, I believe you pretty much earned another year. I'm 100% ready for him to hit the road after this start. I'm tired of minimal results from maximum talent.

Top Bottom