sdogo

Reaction score
I have free access to the War Room if anyone wants any premium information from there. Just send me a PM or request it here.

sdogo

Reaction score
Last time I had the War Room, it was pretty horrible. Has it changed in the past 7 years?

ehhhhhhh, gotten a little better. They stopped letting Russ Lande do all the work and went back to scout by committee format with the rankings and bio's. They have some decent scouts on the staff but they will never get back to the way they were in 2001-2003 when they had premium NFL scouts like Gary Horton, Dave Razzano and Matt Williamson working for them.

Reaction score
If you could post whatever info they have on Prince, Solder, Quinn, .... shit, pretty much anyone anticipated to be there when were picking and at a position of need.

Also, Jake Locker. I'm about 99% sure that's going to be the Redskins next quarterback.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have free access to the War Room if anyone wants any premium information from there. Just send me a PM or request it here.

I'd post info on the CB's first to piss off SBK.

sdogo

Reaction score
If you could post whatever info they have on Prince, Solder, Quinn, .... shit, pretty much anyone anticipated to be there when were picking and at a position of need.

Also, Jake Locker. I'm about 99% sure that's going to be the Redskins next quarterback.

Prince Amukamara

CB, Nebraska

War Room analysis

Coverage skills: Has all the skills to be a solid corner. Has the versatility to be good playing both off coverage and the size and strength to really disrupt receivers off the line. Can work more on his hand punch when making initial contact but once he gets his hands on a receiver he can really force the issue and direct them where he wants them to go towards other defenders which creates tighter windows for QBs to throw in. When off coverage uses his smooth and quiet footwork to really mirror the receiver and then the timing to jump the route to make plays on the ball. Rarely beaten deep because of his understanding of routes and his responsibilities with in the defense. Works best at man up, bump and run coverage which fits his acumen. Stays within the defense and never tries to do too much. Moves well in the open field and does not get caught flat footed. Is consistently around the ball. Grade: 7.5

Run/pass recognition:
Against the pass, Prince shows a high football IQ on film that just makes him dangerous to throw at anytime. Always seems to time up getting to the receiver right when the ball is arriving and knocking it away from the receiver. Knows when to best take chances to jump the route and make the interception. Can get overly aggressive to want to attack downhill versus the run and from time to time get caught out of position, but does have the ability to recover fairly quickly when he does make his mistakes Grade: 8.5

Closing speed:
Is more of a quick twitch type of corner. Has a nice small area closing burst that makes him extremely effective in both man and zone coverage. Allows him to at times play the ball and make the big interception or at the vary least minimize the play for the offense. If a receiver does get by him he will struggle to catch up and get down field because of his lack of great straight line speed. He shows a little second gear to manage to keep pace with smaller scat receivers that get into the open field. Grade: 7.0

Ball skills: Has a nice nose for the ball. Can seem more like the intended receiver by using his technique and athleticism to out class a receiver. Sometimes drops an interception but will never miss the give me ones that can really demoralize your teammates. Height makes him really effective on jump balls but he does not always maximize it and use it to his advantage by not trying to attack the ball at its highest point. Fluid hips really allow him to move well around the field and jump routes and really change the momentum of the game Grade: 8.0

Run support: Extremely aggressive corner that really seems to love to attack the line of scrimmage and bring ball carriers down. Shows solid tackling technique and consistently sticks his nose into a pile. Is not the type of tackler that brings on huge collisions that knock balls out, but once he wraps up he does make a concerted effort to strip the ball carrier. Will sometimes get caught with too much inside leverage against the run which can leave the boundary exposed for a big play if the ball carrier gets by him. Grade: 9.0

Bottom line: Prince is a top flight athlete at the cornerback position. His great frame allows him to match up against any receiver in the country. When tackling ball carriers he shows a physicality that most corners lack and wraps up well to be a sure tackler. If he can continue to improve as a senior he could work his way to being the top corner in the 2011 draft.

sdogo

Reaction score

Nate Solder
T, Colorado

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a massive prospect with a lean/strong frame. Shows excellent quickness and snap anticipation to get set fast. As a pass blocker, shows the quickness to slide outside to cutoff speed rushers. Stays nice and balanced when using a good hand punch, stopping pass rusher's initial charge and then controlling him. On run blocks, seals the corner nicely to create running alleys. Shows nice fluidity and athleticism to play left tackle.

Weaknesses
: Is raw. Will need time to perfect his footwork, especially on run blocks. Must get stronger. Must more consistently keep knees bent in pass protection. Leaves chest open too often. If unable to reach the corner, will lunge at pass rushers. Tends to pass block upright and straight-legged, hindering ability to adjust to quick pass-rush moves. Is not a fire-off-the-ball run blocker who can jolt defensive linemen and drive them backward.

Bottom line: Solder, who came to Colorado as a tight end, is still developing as a tackle. The transition has gone well because he has good athleticism and fluid hip movements rare for a tall tackle. Solder has the talent to become a good NFL starter but must learn to block with better knee bend and use hands better in pass protection.

sdogo

Reaction score

Jake Locker
QB, Washington

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a tremendous athlete with the ability to make big plays with his arm and feet. Shows the arm strength to make all NFL throws with zip and accuracy. Is consistently accurate on the move -- even throwing across his body -- because of athleticism and body control. Has experience lining up under center, and looks quick and comfortable dropping back; can plant and drive off back foot to make quick throws. Delivers ball on time on deep-out routes -- even when unable to stride into the throw. When the pocket collapses, can avoid the sack and get out of the pocket to keep the play alive.

Weaknesses: Is a bit raw. Must become more consistent with technique. Has a slight pause/hitch at the top of his throwing motion, allowing defensive backs to break on his passes. Is too overconfident in arm strength at times, throwing into tight coverage. Does not consistently sense pressure, taking more sacks than a QB with his athleticism should. Does not wrap up the ball consistently, fumbling too often.

Bottom line: Locker has excellent physical tools and made huge strides in '09 in his first season under coach Steve Sarkisian. With another season of polish on his game, he'll be NFL-ready from Day 1. He is a big-time playmaker with his arm and legs who at worst will be a second-round pick based on his junior film. If everything comes together in '10, he could be a high first-round pick.

sdogo

Reaction score
Just a note, I typically dont offer to do this until mid to late February. That's when the TSN normally has all the JR profiles done and expanded profiles on top prospects then by the end of February they typically have more of the smaller school and later round prospects complete.

Keep asking but if I dont post a request it's either because the one they have is there "basic" profile or they dont have it done yet. Keep requesting it and I'll post them as they come up. I posted Locker as an example, you can clearly see this is an older bio. By February this will be updated.

Thanks

sbk92

Reaction score
I got an email today saying that the War Room coverage will no longer cost anything.

That's surprising but who am I to argue?

You'll find their stuff is often against the grain. There's usually a defined pecking order amongst the various sources on the net. But the Sporting News/War Room stuff always has some projections that are completely out of the blue.

sdogo

Reaction score
I got an email today saying that the War Room coverage will no longer cost anything.

That's surprising but who am I to argue?

You'll find their stuff is often against the grain. There's usually a defined pecking order amongst the various sources on the net. But the Sporting News/War Room stuff always has some projections that are completely out of the blue.

I got that email today as well. Very surprising and your spot on about the content.

Reaction score

I don't think Shanny will bite unless he's available in the 2nd. Then they might even move up to get him.

Top Bottom