bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Laz

If it were to come out tomorrow that there were multiple eye witnesses that were on record of all races saying that Zimmerman approached Trayvon respectfully and trayvon turned around got angry and began punching him and beating his head into the ground. Than zimmerman pulled out his weapon and fired.

Would you be able to change your mind to the situation or do you have so much anger in your system that you believe that Zimmerman is guilty regardless of what you hear.

I myself have the ability to change my opinions on the situation as more real evidence comes out.

In the same scenario if it was Zimmerman who was the aggressor and shot Trayvon unjustifiably where witness coroborated the story. Than I would have no problem saying that Zimmerman deserves jail if not death.

Can you do the same thing?

Kentucky fans burn couches, overtunr cars, and riot after beating Louisville. Imagine if they had lost.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...cky-fans-riot-violence-fires-louisville-win/1

Reaction score
The guy was told by the police not to follow the guy. He caused the situation and his actions directly lead to a confrontation, that caused Martins death.

Cythim

Reaction score
Ok. But there's a manhunt out for them, right? And when they catch them, they will be arrested and charged, and will stand trial. Which is still more than what Zimmerman is facing.

Manhunt? No, but go ahead and continue justifying it. A white guy is attacked by black guys and he is in the wrong neighborhood. A black guy kills another black guy and it is gang violence. A [half]white guy kills a black guy and the entire "black community" was wronged and demands justice. I believe Zimmerman was in the wrong but I don't think it is fair to play the race card until all of the facts are present. The original story was that Zimmerman was allowed to go home with his gun without any police action. It only took a month for the media to let us know he was actually cuffed and taken to the station. He was released because Florida law is stupid, not because anyone is racist. I am all for outing the racists, but it is not an accusation that should be thrown around with insufficient evidence.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I know it's not quite Kentucky basketball. But it is something that actually, you know, has something to do with the Martin/Zimmerman case.

---------

Today, ABC has made an astounding about-face on a story related to the Trayvon Martin shooting. Less than a week after proclaiming that new video showed no signs of injury on Zimmerman the night of the shooting, ABC has now released an enhanced version of the same video.

gash.png

The new video clearly shows a bloody gash on the back of Zimmerman's head. Here's the lede of the story ABC published Wednesday March 28th:
A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.
[...]
In the video an officer is seen pausing to look at the back of Zimmerman's head, but no abrasions or blood can be seen in the video and he did not check into the emergency room following the police questioning.
Obviously, the bombshell ABC is touting here is that the video appears to contradict claims that Zimmerman was injured and acted in self-defense. They present the video as evidence to the contrary. By that evening, the Daily Caller and others began to question what was visible in the video. By Friday March 30, just two days after ABC published its scoop, MSNBC ran a story contradicting ABC and showing evidence of an injury on Zimmerman's head.
Now, five days after their big scoop, ABC has posted new video under the headline "George Zimmerman: Enhanced Video Shows Injury." As you'll see, ABC makes no mention of the fact that their previous story was wrong. And thus far, ABC does not appear to have published a print version of the story. Keep in mind that the claim Zimmerman was injured was widely known before ABC posted the video. In other words, they knew what they should be looking for in the clip. And yet it seems they were unable to find it for five days, even though other media outlets pointed it out within 48 hours.
At this point, ABC needs to explain why it took them until today to correct the record. Enhancing 4-5 minutes of video is not a five day job. This is one of several missteps by major media in this case. Earlier, NBC deliberately miscut George Zimmerman's 911 call in a way that insinuated George Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon Martin because he was black.
NBC has now launched an internal investigation to find out how the botched audio wound up on "The Today Show." Notice that in both instances the initial media error works against Zimmerman. Suspicion of Zimmerman's story is certainly appropriate, but what ABC and NBC have done goes well beyond that. They have carelessly -- or deliberately -- put out false and misleading information in a way that pours fuel on the firestorm surrounding this case. That may be good for ratings. But it's unprofessional, and worse, deeply unethical.

Reaction score
put out false and misleading information in a way that pours fuel on the firestorm surrounding this case. That may be good for ratings. But it's unprofessional, and worse, deeply unethical.

Reaction score
There's no doubt the media is trumping up this story for ratings. That's what they do.

Sad that the race angle seems to be getting more play than the actual facts.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There's no doubt the media is trumping up this story for ratings. That's what they do.

Sad that the race angle seems to be getting more play than the actual facts.

I agree, the media has really muddied the water.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Why does that make a difference to you?

It's basically your manager at Jamba Juice telling you to not attempt to take down thiefs who rob the $300 in your register.

It's more for your protection rather than legal advice.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
btw, I think Zimmerman probably gets some sort of man-slaughter charge. I'm no lawyer like peplaw is, only smarter.

btw, Zimmerman's lawyers are going to have a field day in court with all this media storm raging around him. There's no way that he'll be able to afford a fair and impartial trial. Unless they can find some sort of Indian reservation to try the case in.

Last edited:

Cythim

Reaction score
It's basically your manager at Jamba Juice telling you to not attempt to take down thiefs who rob the $300 in your register.

It's more for your protection rather than legal advice.

Then you agree Zimmerman needlessly put himself in harm's way instead of acting in a manner of self-preservation?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Then you agree Zimmerman needlessly put himself in harm's way instead of acting in a manner of self-preservation?

Yes. And no. At first he needlessly put himself in harms way, then it became a matter of self-preservation. At least in Zimmerman's mind.

So are you making a case against the right of citizens to make citizens' arrests?

Cythim

Reaction score
Yes. And no. At first he needlessly put himself in harms way, then it became a matter of self-preservation. At least in Zimmerman's mind.

So are you making a case against the right of citizens to make citizens' arrests?

That question is not valid in this situation. Since Trayvon had done nothing illegal it would be kidnapping instead of citizens arrest.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That question is not valid in this situation. Since Trayvon had done nothing illegal it would be kidnapping instead of citizens arrest.

Did Zimmerman try to arrest him for nothing?

I'm pretty sure a lot of citizens' arrest occur after a concerned citizen follows a "suspicious" person.

Top Bottom