Reaction score
Travis Frederick explains why Tyron Smith eats the most and gives diet tips: 'I pretend like there's ice cream in it'
Published: 18 October 2014 01:00 PM

Cowboys center Travis Frederick joined KRLD-FM on Thursday. Here are some highlights.

On Tony Romo during the fourth quarter:

“It’s very much the same as the rest of the game. There’s not a whole lot of stuff that goes into it. I think you can just tell that he’s kind of a gamer. When he gets in that situation you can see in his eyes that he’s going to make something happen. When he’s doing that everybody just kind of believes that and goes with that and says, ‘OK we’re going to make something happen.’ ”

On Doug Free:

“He has been that leader. He’s kind of been that glue. As everybody knows it’s a pretty young group. He’s the pretty much the oldest guy there. I think this is year seven or eight for him. He’s the only one that really has the experience and played with some of those guys with played for a really long time, Kosier and Colombo and those guys. What he really brings to the table is that father-like demeanor and kind of the glue for that and helping us get that experience very quickly.”

On the cohesion on the offensive line:

“I think it’s a tribute to what we do together off the field. We spend a lot of time together outside of work even, outside of the film room and hanging out in the locker room. We always go to dinner on Thursdays. We’re always milling around. Especially in the offseason we’re always hanging out. I think that’s where a lot of it comes. We really are friends and work together as friends. So when you go onto the field you know the person better than perhaps somebody that just came in knows. You can make those adjustments and know what they are going to be doing.”

On how many calories he eats to stay at his weight:

“Usually I have to try and cut the calories. Unfortunately I don’t have the issue that I can’t keep weight on. I’m trying to keep the weight off. I usually take in quite a few calories, usually in the form of milkshakes and protein. … Like ice cream is probably my favorite food in the entire world and that’s a real issue when you’re trying to keep your weight down. ... Sometimes in my head when I’m drinking (a health smoothie) I pretend like there’s ice cream in it. ‘Oh this would be so much better with ice cream. We’ll just pretend.’ ”

On who eats the most from the offensive line because he has to keep on the weight:

“It’s Tyron Smith. It really pains me to watch it because he’s always complaining, ‘I’m so full. I have to keep eating more.’ I’m very jealous of him. … I think it’s a little unfair.”

On when he knows that snap has been botched:

“Usually the crowd makes a loud noise. You can tell that there’s something crazy going on. Or you maybe can see the ball in your peripherals. You can just kind of feel it.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ps-i-pretend-like-there-s-ice-cream-in-it.ece

Top Bottom