dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't name any names or even position, but Nick Eatman just reported Cowboys are closing in on a deal

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys may also look to add depth to their wide receiver group. Former first-round pick CeeDee Lamb is their clear-cut top option, as his 73 targets account for 31.6% of the team's targets. That figure makes Lamb the third-most targeted receiver in the entire NFL, narrowly trailing the Rams' Cooper Kupp (33.1% team target percentage), the reigning Offensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl MVP, and the Dolphins' Tyreek Hill (32.5% team target percentage), the highest-paid wide receiver on an annual basis.

The Cowboys did sign 26-year-old receiver Michael Gallup to a five-year, $57.5 million extension this past offseason, but he's still working to clear the final mental hurdle from a torn ACL he suffered in 2021, according to head coach Mike McCarthy. Gallup has 12 catches for 135 yards and a touchdown in five games played this season. Maybe a cheaper trade acquisition like the Denver Broncos KJ Hamler could be in the works.

headshot-image
Garrett Podell

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying deal Cowboys are working on is a player for player deal.

They'd reportedly been shopping Basham for several days, maybe they found a taker.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Or Gallimore, or Joseph. Tolbert is a bust and I'd take a 4th for Schultz.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Or Gallimore, or Joseph. Tolbert is a bust and I'd take a 4th for Schultz.
I think if its Gallimore (or Trysten Hill) then they'd almost assuredly have to be getting another DT in return.

They arn't trading Schultz unless some stupid offer came in, they can keep him and probably get a 3rd or 4th rd pick via comp pick for him when he leaves via FA

Tolbert isn't a bust. Needs year in weight program and more practice time, he will be fine.

I can't see anyone wanting Joseph but won't be surprised if they made a move for a veteran CB.

If its Basham maybe he goes to Denver for Jeudy or Hamler, or maybe to Jets for one of their WR's. Both teams need DE help.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have to wait. Tolbert is a bust. Should've taken Doubs a round later.

It will take Basham (a jag) and picks to get a decent receiver.

Top Bottom