dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer were required to pass as much as Romo is, they'd be turnover machines as well.

With Garrett, it's like throwing he's throwing a pedophile Romo into a day-care center. We know Romo's going to do something stupid.

Romo needs to be protected from himself...to protect Romo, run the ball even when it's 3rd and 7.

We cant run the ball effectively enough. I dont know when some of you will get this.

If you run it over and over and dont get anywhere, but you have elite talent like we do at QB, WR and TE, you are doing a lousy job of coaching and doing the other team's defense a huge favor.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
We cant run the ball effectively enough. I dont know when some of you will get this.

If you run it over and over and dont get anywhere, but you have elite talent like we do at QB, WR and TE, you are doing a lousy job of coaching and doing the other team's defense a huge favor.

Go back and read my post. I stated that the running game isn't good enough. It sucks.

However, it's good enough to hold a 24 frikkin point lead...two of Romo's INTs were on a 1st & 10.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Not necessarily, as we have seen what Romo can do when he's left by himself with the ball for 50 times a game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
However, it's good enough to hold a 24 frikkin point lead...two of Romo's INTs were on a 1st & 10.

So what? Maybe he'd have thrown those picks on 2nd or 3rd down. Throwing on first down is almsot always easier when you analyze statistics historically.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
So what? Maybe he'd have thrown those picks on 2nd or 3rd down. Throwing on first down is almsot always easier when you analyze statistics historically.

Historically speaking, running the ball has less turnovers than throwing the ball...especially when you have Tony Romo throwing the ball.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

1st down is also where you can afford to be judicial in throwing it.

TNCowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
No, those guys were bus drivers, not turnover machines. No one will win a SB with a gunslinging-disaster-waiting-to-happen like Romo.

But you are right about the run game. We could win with a bus driver if we had a run game, but we have neither.
As usual, VAC is right on the $$$.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
After orchestrating a thrilling comeback for the Detroit Lions, Tony Romo(notes) was approached on the sideline by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Was he offering words of support? Confronting his Jekyll and Hyde quarterback? Either way, Romo was in no mood to listen: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...s-off-Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-s?urn=nfl-wp8452

Saw that during the broadcast.

Romo is walking in the opposite direction and when he realizes it's Jerry, he attempts to slap hands with him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo has lost me and I believe the rest of the Cowboy Nation.............

Before you could always point to the OL, a WR dropping a ball, a porous defense.

NO LONGER !!!! This guy is a one man, game losing, wrecking machine !!!!

This team has a solid game plan and the Lions didn't know what hit them.(They still don't)

All Romo had to do was manage and not take ANY chances in the 2nd half but he just can't help himself.

He will never change and we will never win anything of significance with him.

I'm so sick of this guy breaking my spirit for this team when he's the sole and only reason we can't win especially this year !!!!!!!!!

I don't think it was that. Those two INTs were thrown, when the WR had not even completed his routes. Romo had already thrown the ball, and he was not under any type of pressure. And then he thrw it to the same side on seemingly the same play. If it wasn't for stupidity, it'd be sabotague.

Now in knee-jerk fashion, I accused Romo of throwing the game, and that might have been off base, but does it really matter if he did or didn't allegedly throw the game? It still adds up to the same thing.

This guy has a serious problem with playing with a big lead. He has a strong aversion to it. He seems like maybe he's an adrenaline junkie, and wants to make the game as close as possible.

I cannot even enjoy a game anymore, because if and when we get a sizeable lead again, I'm expecting him to give it up.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I'm pissed off about it. Tony Romo again losses a game for us, no?

Oh, that's right it's not his fault he forced it into coverage and under threw Witten for the interception.

After all these years you would think he could manage the game with out blowing it. He doesn't need to force it, especially when we are up a half a dozen points. Why force it in those situations and give the other team hope and the momentum.

Did we not have this game in the bag? And don't blame the defense, because they weren't the reason the Lions got back in the game. It was the Homo, Romo's fault 100 and 10 fucking percent!!

That right there kind of put things into perspective with that INT he threw while trying to hit Ogletree deep. We all assumed that Ogletree was at fault, but was he? And then Romo had the nerve to call Ogletree 'stupid'.

Yeah... stupid.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Correct.

Back in the good old days, we could just kick the dog and beat the wife and children.

This is so much more cathartic.

lol

I know right afterwards, I felt like beatting a baby, killlng a kitten, and pulverizing a puppy.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am for the team, Theebs. How can you defend Romo after this game, and it has happened twice in four games already?

Yeah, yeah...root for your team whatever, bullshit! The guy has serious head trauma and isn't going to win anything for us.

Do we keep making up excuses for him time after time just so all the homers think he's our SB hero Qb? It's not going to happen.

I think Romo's a good Qb, but in no way shape or form does he take this team to the SB. I believe this now. I'm done cheering for this clown. I've had all I can take from him.

Good day sir!

[video=youtube;M5QGkOGZubQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=related[/video]

Reaction score
I don't think it was that. Those two INTs were thrown, when the WR had not even completed his routes. Romo had already thrown the ball, and he was not under any type of pressure. And then he thrw it to the same side on seemingly the same play. If it wasn't for stupidity, it'd be sabotague.

Now in knee-jerk fashion, I accused Romo of throwing the game, and that might have been off base, but does it really matter if he did or didn't allegedly throw the game? It still adds up to the same thing.

This guy has a serious problem with playing with a big lead. He has a strong aversion to it. He seems like maybe he's an adrenaline junkie, and wants to make the game as close as possible.

I cannot even enjoy a game anymore, because if and when we get a sizeable lead again, I'm expecting him to give it up.

Yeahhh.. that's called "football". When does a QB ever wait until a receiver completes his route before throwing it? That's the reason you have routes.. so you can anticipate when and where a player will be and get the ball there as they are just finishing making their cut or curl.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That right there kind of put things into perspective with that INT he threw while trying to hit Ogletree deep. We all assumed that Ogletree was at fault, but was he? And then Romo had the nerve to call Ogletree 'stupid'.

Yeah... stupid.

He called otree stupid on the play near the goal line where he didnt know what he was doing and he stopped running...mental mistake.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeahhh.. that's called "football". When does a QB ever wait until a receiver completes his route before throwing it? That's the reason you have routes.. so you can anticipate when and where a player will be and get the ball there as they are just finishing making their cut or curl.

Whatever Crapper. It resulted in two INTs. So don't give me that crap. He didn't go through his progressions. He was under no pressure.

Top Bottom