Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Think I'll wait to see what he looks like if he gets on the field first.

Didn't seem like from those video clips that he was "dragging one leg around" and he had the brace on then. He was running and cutting and by many reports is already running 4.5 or better.

I didn't agree with the pick when we made it because it was a major gamble, but we now that its been done we should just see how it plays out.

What happens if he's apart of a gang tackle and some guy, most likely Claiborne, rolls up on his bum ankle? He's done.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems to contradict Crapreport:

Todd Archer ‎@toddarcher

I've been told the nerve is regenerating, not fully yet and it might never, but there is a sensation there now that was not last year. Alan Summers on Twitter: "@toddarcher hey can you shed any light on the Jaylon Smith reports from rappaport? Provide clarity on Stephen Jones statements?"

David Helman
✔ ‎@HelmanDC

Garrett won't do medical details, but he echoed Stephen Jones. Confident Jaylon Smith will be part of offseason program "from the get go."

Bob Sturm‏Verified account @SportsSturm · 10h10 hours ago

Subtweet: No matter how many times a guy gets stuff wrong, people still want to believe he knows what he is talking about.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Gotta love Jerry and his every year "gamble on greatness" in the 2nd round with it's 7.4% success rate... how did he get put in the Hall again????

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gotta love Jerry and his every year "gamble on greatness" in the 2nd round with it's 7.4% success rate... how did he get put in the Hall again????

Because he wasn't put in for anything FO related. He was voted in as "contributor"

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Jerry got into the HOF by being a contributor. What he he contributed was millions in owners and league coffers. Jerry obviously doesnt know his ass from his elbow when it comes to being a GM.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I read a lot of that last night. Kind of makes you wonder what the real story is.

That's why I'll just take the wait and see approach.

If can play and is effective, he'll be a big help for us. If he cant or looks like a scrub on the field because he's so limited, it'll just confirm what many of us thought the moment we heard Irvin announce Smith as the pick. Really pulling for him to make a full recovery, seems like a great kid and he has obviously worked his ass off. But it was a major gamble.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lmao. Just saw on the zzzone where Dr Fuzzy is using some still photos of Smith jumping on a trampoline to show that the foot is working properly. :lol

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lmao. Just saw on the zzzone where Dr Fuzzy is using some still photos of Smith jumping on a trampoline to show that the foot is working properly. :lol

He is persistent, I'll give him that. Too bad Smith's foot and people that actually went to medical school disagree.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just because he could print out his diploma online doesn't make his professional opinion any less valuable.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
just because he could print out his diploma online doesn't make his professional opinion any less valuable.

Sadly his fan boys that are in deep denial are still drinking the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just to clarify my comment, i was coming in hot with the sarcasm.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

What a graduation ceremony that must have been, what with the giant picture of Fuzzy and 37 cats in attendance.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jobberone the mod over there that claims to be an MD threw some could water on Dr Fuzzy's photo/ film analysis. Something like a trained medical eye can detect things he cant. Usually the mods let him run a muck. Most be blowing one of em.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So are you saying the videos were faked or something?

not fake, but there was no disclaimer like "Look what I can do with drop foot!" we all assumed the nerve was regenerating.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a graduation ceremony that must have been, what with the giant picture of Fuzzy and 37 cats in attendance.

graduation speech: i'd like to thank god and all the folks who supported me in my journey, especially you, mittens, and you tigger, and pickles, and....

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
btw, why don't we have an emoji for a hammer hitting a nail with the cowboys logo????? if we did i'd be posted 5 of them at a time in every other thread. everything is so half-assed over here!!!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
#Cowboys reality now is they are no longer waiting for Jaylon Smith’s knee to fire. They’re proceeding as if it won’t & he’ll play anyway

I've been saying this for a while now. Even when he was putting out all these videos I've been trying to tell fools that he's still wearing that brace. There is a huge difference between running around and working out than there is playing LB in the NFL at an elite level.

If Zach Cunningham is there at 28 he's the guy they need to take.

Top Bottom