dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't give a name right now but we need someone that independents will support by a wide margin.
It's DeSantis.

Florida independents voted in droves for him this past election, as did Hispanics.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Letter to the editor: U.S. must follow lead of other countries in protecting our votes​

Tribune-Review

TRIBUNE-REVIEW | Monday, Feb. 28, 2022 6:00 a.m.

EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

TribLIVE's Daily and Weekly email newsletters deliver the news you want and information you need, right to your inbox.

For those who do not know how other democracies treat voting laws, here are the facts. Forty-six of 47 European countries require government-issued photo ID to vote. The United Kingdom is the exception, but the British Parliament is considering a nationwide voter ID requirement, which will make photo ID a universal requirement for voting in Europe.

Canada requires photo ID to vote. Mexico requires an ID with a hologram and thumbprint to vote. John Lott, president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, points out that since adoption of voter reforms in Mexico, voter participation increased from 59% to 68% because citizens were “more … likely to vote when they had confidence that their votes mattered.”

As for mail-in voting, 35 of 47 European countries do not allow absentee voting for citizens living in-country.
Another 10, including England, allow absentee voting but require voters to show up in person and present photo ID to pick up their ballots. Canada allows absentee balloting for any reason, including being away on Election Day, which is the same as the U.S.

No country allows universal mail-in balloting other than the U.S. Most of those countries have learned that mail-in voting provides too many opportunities for fraud, from fake signatures to signature verification issues to ballot harvesting.

The U.S. needs to catch up to the rest of the democratic world and protect the sanctity of the vote.
Bob Jacobs
Unity

That fact that most other countries already ban mail-in voting because of fraud concerns should tell us everything about what Democrats are up to. The same is true about abortion. The US is way out of line with most countries on abortion, where is is legal but almost always before 24 weeks and mostly before 20 weeks. The Democrats in American are the extremists no matter what they call MAGA supporters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Republicans won the Governor, Lieut Gov, most (EDIT- ALL) of the downstream elected offices, the state house and state senate and have more US Republican Congressman over Democrats.

But we have two left wing fucktard Communist senators.

Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wash, rinse, repeat. As I mentioned earlier, I never had a doubt as to what the results would be. The Dems have basically negated Manchin and no longer need his vote. Somehow, we're supposed to believe that the people of Georgia appreciated Kemp so much for his stance on lockdowns and keeping Georgia open that they voted for him by 7 points over his Dem opponent. But these same people now voted for a Dem for Senate who would have kept the state closed.

Third world country elections is what we currently have in America.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is really unfortunate, he would have been a major move in the right direction for the party.

One thing is 100% clear, McDaniel has to go.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is really unfortunate, he would have been a major move in the right direction for the party.

One thing is 100% clear, McDaniel has to go.

Zeldin basically said it's a sham and that McDaniels is basically preordained already. Very telling and I hope that's not the case. The whole leadership of these Cowardly Republicans needs to go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zeldin basically said it's a sham and that McDaniels is basically preordained already. Very telling and I hope that's not the case. The whole leadership of these Cowardly Republicans needs to go.
Indeed.

Her two biggest supporters are McConnell and that fucking idiot Romney.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Walker lost because he is not a very good candidate. Not that Warnock is, but if Perdue could not win in Georgia what chance did Walker really have? I think it is time to realize that Trump is not always a positive in elections. He excites his base but he gets a large number of Democrats and independents to get out and vote against him too, especially in the swing states like Georgia. One difference between Walker and Kemp is that Trump and Kemp are not buddies where Walker stumped for Trump when he ran for president.

The same was true with Dr. Oz. He ran against a brain damaged idiot. He won the primary because Trump endorsed him despite many Pennsylvania Republicans expressing concerns about him, including that he was considered an out-of-stater. Fetterman defeated Oz rather easily. Imagine how much voters must have disliked Oz if they voted for Fetterman? Trump brags about his record of endorsements, but most of the Republicans he endorsed that won, were just endorsements and they were not all considered his people. Many won in overwhelmingly Republican distrcits.

I have noticed many Trump supporters, of which I am one, don't want to see anything negative about Trump. I am not blaming Trump but we have to face the reality that 6 years of negative media coverage, dozens of unproven criminal allegations, a half dozen criminal investigations and 2 impeachments have made him a pariah at this point. Many people despise him and a good many Republicans hope he does not run for president again. Trump wants vindication in 2024, but I believe he is the one Republican that Biden could actually beat.

No one person is to blame for the Republican mid-terms. The blame is the lack of unification of the Republican party, which is why there needs to be a purge of both sides. Trump needs to go, and the never-Trumpers need to be eliminated as well. We can keep America first and start putting up good qualified candidates that all Republicans get behind.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I get the bad candidate argument, but the Dems had as many, if not more bad candidates.

Hell they ran a dead person and they won.

Obama was not anywhere near qualified to be President and won twice. Biden has been a laughingstock of the party hanger-onner for decades and he won. Asshat and Warlock in GA were both horrendous candidates.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Walker lost because he is not a very good candidate. Not that Warnock is, but if Perdue could not win in Georgia what chance did Walker really have? I think it is time to realize that Trump is not always a positive in elections. He excites his base but he gets a large number of Democrats and independents to get out and vote against him too, especially in the swing states like Georgia. One difference between Walker and Kemp is that Trump and Kemp are not buddies where Walker stumped for Trump when he ran for president.

The same was true with Dr. Oz. He ran against a brain damaged idiot. He won the primary because Trump endorsed him despite many Pennsylvania Republicans expressing concerns about him, including that he was considered an out-of-stater. Fetterman defeated Oz rather easily. Imagine how much voters must have disliked Oz if they voted for Fetterman? Trump brags about his record of endorsements, but most of the Republicans he endorsed that won, were just endorsements and they were not all considered his people. Many won in overwhelmingly Republican distrcits.

I have noticed many Trump supporters, of which I am one, don't want to see anything negative about Trump. I am not blaming Trump but we have to face the reality that 6 years of negative media coverage, dozens of unproven criminal allegations, a half dozen criminal investigations and 2 impeachments have made him a pariah at this point. Many people despise him and a good many Republicans hope he does not run for president again. Trump wants vindication in 2024, but I believe he is the one Republican that Biden could actually beat.

No one person is to blame for the Republican mid-terms. The blame is the lack of unification of the Republican party, which is why there needs to be a purge of both sides. Trump needs to go, and the never-Trumpers need to be eliminated as well. We can keep America first and start putting up good qualified candidates that all Republicans get behind.

You're buying into the narrative. Sweet Jesus himself could have come down from the heavens and been a candidate and he still would have lost in PA, GA, AZ and elsewhere. The idea that Oz or Hershel weren't good candidates so people voted for Warnock and brain dead Fetterman is kind of insulting and does nothing to make your point.

Not being disrespectful Creeper but I just don't buy the "X" wasn't a good candidate or Trump didn't endorse a strong candidate argument. There's no overcoming the mail in ballots regardless of who you trot out there.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You're buying into the narrative. Sweet Jesus himself could have come down from the heavens and been a candidate and he still would have lost in PA, GA, AZ and elsewhere. The idea that Oz or Hershel weren't good candidates so people voted for Warnock and brain dead Fetterman is kind of insulting and does nothing to make your point.

Not being disrespectful Creeper but I just don't buy the "X" wasn't a good candidate or Trump didn't endorse a strong candidate argument. There's no overcoming the mail in ballots regardless of who you trot out there.

I am not buying anything, I thought Walker was a bad candidate when he first announced his decision to run. Honestly, does anyone here think Walker is a strong candidate in Georgia? We keep running Roy Moores even in deep red states and we will lose.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not buying anything, I thought Walker was a bad candidate when he first announced his decision to run. Honestly, does anyone here think Walker is a strong candidate in Georgia? We keep running Roy Moores even in deep red states and we will lose.

You can run Jesus in deep red states and you'll still lose. That's the point. It doesn't matter who you run.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He ran against several opponents in the primary and got almost 70% of the vote

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

So I watched and listened to a bit of the trial yesterday afternoon and I have some thoughts. Republicans always hire the worst lawyers. Maybe good lawyers and law firms don't want to represent clients in election integrity cases for fear of getting canceled. But I thought Lake's lawyers had the power of the evidence and facts but not the skill to adequately present it. Second, I just get the sense that the judge will not rule in Lake's favor, despite the evidence.

There was a female witness who was excellent and she testified on thew chain of custody and how it was handled completely differently from the mail in ballots to the day of vote. One lawyer who was an observer is 6 of 10 precincts didn't seem to be a great witness but basically testified that he thought what he observed was done maliciously and with intent. But that's a pretty bold statement.

Lastly, the defendants aren't really claiming the law wasn't violated. Their points were if the witnesses had any evidence that what they observed was intentional. But does that even matter? How does someone prove intent in these type of civil cases? At the end of the day, laws were broken and rules were not followed. That much was very clear. If the judge in this case rules against lake, then what recourse does anyone have if someone just decides to not follow specific integrity related rules (ie: chain of custody)? If there are no repercussions, then what will deter this from happening again? That's the bottom line, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom