dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Letter to the editor: U.S. must follow lead of other countries in protecting our votes​

Tribune-Review

TRIBUNE-REVIEW | Monday, Feb. 28, 2022 6:00 a.m.

EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

TribLIVE's Daily and Weekly email newsletters deliver the news you want and information you need, right to your inbox.

For those who do not know how other democracies treat voting laws, here are the facts. Forty-six of 47 European countries require government-issued photo ID to vote. The United Kingdom is the exception, but the British Parliament is considering a nationwide voter ID requirement, which will make photo ID a universal requirement for voting in Europe.

Canada requires photo ID to vote. Mexico requires an ID with a hologram and thumbprint to vote. John Lott, president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, points out that since adoption of voter reforms in Mexico, voter participation increased from 59% to 68% because citizens were “more … likely to vote when they had confidence that their votes mattered.”

As for mail-in voting, 35 of 47 European countries do not allow absentee voting for citizens living in-country.
Another 10, including England, allow absentee voting but require voters to show up in person and present photo ID to pick up their ballots. Canada allows absentee balloting for any reason, including being away on Election Day, which is the same as the U.S.

No country allows universal mail-in balloting other than the U.S. Most of those countries have learned that mail-in voting provides too many opportunities for fraud, from fake signatures to signature verification issues to ballot harvesting.

The U.S. needs to catch up to the rest of the democratic world and protect the sanctity of the vote.
Bob Jacobs
Unity

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DeSantis is talking about the exact same thing Dodger has been pointing out, that Republicans need to grow a fucking spine and stand up to Dems. DeSantis did it in Florida and it led to not only a massive landslide for him but also a massive red wave inside his state.

I agree with some of this but not all. DeSantis did a great job in Florida. But he's claiming that candidates outside of Florida lost elections due to the messgage(s). I'm not buying that one bit. You can't take the Florida model outside of Florida. Florida grew at an incredible pace and many of those new Floridians were people leaving states like NY, NJ, CA and other liberal hell holes. The biggest fear was that some folks would bring their politics with them but that didn't appear to be the case. In addition, DeSantis drew new redistricting lines which helped Republicans.

But I've also seen analysises where Florida voting patterns were suspect. Both Texas and Florida could have done real investigations into the mules and prosecuted these treasonous fucks and started an election integrity movement. But neither state did.

DeSantis will lose if he runs. Just like Trump or any other Republican. Because none of these folks want to discuss the elephant in the room.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Republican John Duarte defeated Democrat Adam Gray on Friday in a new California U.S. House district in the Central Valley farm belt that produced the closest congressional contest in the state this year.

With virtually all of the ballots counted, Duarte has just over 50% of the vote. Gray conceded in a statement, saying, “I accept the results and have called to congratulate my opponent.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DeSantis will lose if he runs. Just like Trump or any other Republican. Because none of these folks want to discuss the elephant in the room.
I think if we had a legit, fair election Trump would easily win (just like he should have easily won in 2020) but I think DeSantis could be a landslide similar to Reagan.

But you're right, the massive fraud will likely prevent it, I do think DeSantis has a lot of positives to run on and has a pretty squeaky clean background. Everything Dems and MSM have done to try to make him look bad so far has blown up in their face. He's got the most well run state in the union as well as a tremendous economic record. He will be tough to beat even with the voter fraud.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think if we had a legit, fair election Trump would easily win (just like he should have easily won in 2020) but I think DeSantis could be a landslide similar to Reagan.

But you're right, the massive fraud will likely prevent it, I do think DeSantis has a lot of positives to run on and has a pretty squeaky clean background. Everything Dems and MSM have done to try to make him look bad so far has blown up in their face. He's got the most well run state in the union as well as a tremendous economic record. He will be tough to beat even with the voter fraud.

This is a fairy tale. DeSantis won't win. The only person that has proven to be right time and time again is Trump. He's the only one talking about the issues that most Americans want to hear about. A corrupt and out of control government, open borders and election integrity. With every Twitter release of documents showing election interference and collusion with the left and Dems, Trump grows more popular.

DeSantis is trying hard to not be viewed as an election denier and has said absolutely nothing to energize the MAGA base which he'll need. He goes after Biden and he's done well with that. But if you're not going to talk about the corruption taking place in the DoJ and our government, you won't get wide spread Republican support.

Arizona is a shit show and I haven't heard DeSantis say one word or be vocal. You're either going to represent all Republicans or you'll continue to ride the fence and lose a large swath of the Republican base. Right now, DeSantis is a fence walker.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I'm not pimping Trump. I like DeSantis but he's been sitting on the sidelines while 2022 was suspect and AZ was a disgrace. He'll have to do much, much better and I get that Fox and others are pimping him and blaming Trump for the mid-terms. That's a losing argument.

touchdown

Reaction score
Beto O’Rourke returned a $1 million donation from embattled cryptocurrency leader Sam Bankman-Fried four days before Election Day, his campaign told The Texas Tribune this week.

Nonetheless, his quiet return of the donation means O’Rourke has dodged the ethical headache bearing down on other candidates nationwide and in Texas who took money from the tech billionaire and his associates.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Given I’ve had the displeasure of having to work with government bureaucracies for the last 30 years and rarely if ever received a call back from them,‘this part is so astonishing, it borders on unbelievable:

September 28, 2022
A phone call from SCOTUS
(The Clerk of the SCOTUS calls Raland requesting for a revision of the Petition that would include more information on the lawsuit and wondering how soon they could get it.)
October 17, 2022
2nd phone call from SCOTUS
(The Clerk of the SCOTUS calls Raland again. She asks "how are you doing on your revision of the Writ with the additional information that we need?" Raland said "We're working on it as we speak!" She said "how soon can we get it?" Raland said "Right away!")​

touchdown

Reaction score
It's Monday, the day before the Georgia Runoff vote for US Senator. And the DNC has chosen NBC to be the network to air a hit piece on Herschel Walker on their NBC News Daily show.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's Monday, the day before the Georgia Runoff vote for US Senator. And the DNC has chosen NBC to be the network to air a hit piece on Herschel Walker on their NBC News Daily show.
Of course

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not even paying attention to GA. I already know what will happen and the fact that the Governor won by a large margin but that didn't carry over to the Senate race was very telling for me.

I'm not going to pay attention or even give a shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll be out there tomorrow to vote.

I tried to vote early on Friday but the parking lot and lines were extremely long.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This motherfucker........

I hate McConnell almost as much as the average Communist Libtard

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Republican Party needs to change. It needs to be blown up and these frauds need to be shown the door. People talk about a doomsday scenario where if McCarthy isn't the Speaker, some moderate Republic with Democrat support might take the reigns. So be it. It will be a 1 term speakership and they'll be primaried out. We'll lose anyway because of the fraud. But at least the conservatives that make it will be fighters and represent the people.

I agree about the change, but I think they need a clean sweep. I like DeSantis. I like McCarthy too. But I think McCarthy is not a fighter and I have doubts about his convictions. I think a lot of these Republicans do not believe the problems that we see as citizens are real. They don't believe the constitution is under attack from extreme left wing ideologues.

I think DeSantis would make a good president. Just not in 2024. We need some fresh faces not carrying the muck of Trump or the RINOs. I think Trump cannot win in2024. I like Trump in a lot of ways and I admire his "can do" positivity. But he has been so tainted by the Democrats and the media more people will come out to vote against him then to vote for him. And Democrats will go to any lengths to beat him even if Republicans have a winning hand on policy.

I can't give a name right now but we need someone that independents will support by a wide margin.

Top Bottom