Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
oh thats right, I forgot jeri does all the scouting, sets the board, does all interviews, etc, etc...its amazing he has the energy to do it all by himself at his age

we've come such a long way from the ancient days when jeri was distracted by trying to repair the financial hole that was the Cowboys and & we were burdened by Jimmy Johnson running football operations including cutting players at his sole discretion, winning super bowls, etc which understandably made jeri miserable

Thank gawd those days are behind us!

You misunderstand

Jeruh doesn’t do the work. Jeruh doesn’t do any “football” work. The last thing Jeruh scouted was his 18 year old nieces dirty panties

Jeruh just has the final say when it comes to the players.

Meaning.....

No player becomes a Cowboy unless Jeruh allows it

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not blow past this "panties" thing so quickly. What does she look like?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You misunderstand

Jeruh doesn’t do the work. Jeruh doesn’t do any “football” work. The last thing Jeruh scouted was his 18 year old nieces dirty panties

Jeruh just has the final say when it comes to the players.

Meaning.....

No player becomes a Cowboy unless Jeruh allows it

No, you misunderstand. Jimmy hired and fired at will without Jeris knowledge and approval (I'm not saying this was the case with every player during his stint in Dallas) and it pissed jeri off to no end, thus why no coach ever since has had the same level of power as Jimmy. In regard to Deon, jeri went off the reservation and signed Deon because he wanted to and almost got in a fight with Stephen over the signing so my point is jeri takes pride in Deon because he sees Deon as his choice that resulted in success (in his eyes) in spite of all those who opposed the move which is right up Jeris wheelhouse in terms of being an attention whoring, limelight seeking jackass trying to show everyone how smart he thinks he is.

When Jerry said he was going into the next room to tell Sanders' agent that they had a deal Stephen grabbed his father by the arm and pushed him.

"What are you going to do, hit me?'' Jerry asked. "I'm not going to hit you, but let's talk a little more,'' Stephen said.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
below to me looks like how many sacks given up to each position and scheme on the field

LT responsible for ... 7sacks
LG ... 15.5
C ... 0
RG ... 3.5
RT ... 9
RB ... 2
QB ... 15
Scheme ... 4

Total sacks ... 56

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Carson Wentz just received the most guaranteed money in NFL history. And he’s been injured and missed games every season.

I can only imagine what that’s going to mean for Dak’s contract

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

RANK
cowboys-logo.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS

Full Team Breakdown

-- Dak Prescott (2016-present): 48 starts | 32-16 | 2 Pro Bowls | 96.0 passer rating
-- Tony Romo (2003-2016): 127 starts | 78-49 | 4 Pro Bowls | 97.1 passer rating
-- Troy Aikman (1989-2000): 165 starts | 94-71 | 6 Pro Bowls | 81.6 passer rating | 3 SB rings
-- Danny White (1976-1988): 92 starts | 62-30 | 1 Pro Bowl | 81.7 passer rating
-- Roger Staubach (1969-1979): 114 starts | 85-29 | 6 Pro Bowls | 83.4 passer rating | 2 SB rings

The Cowboys have had above-average-to-great quarterback play consistently for almost 50 years, with five Super Bowl titles and 19 Pro Bowl selections combined between their franchise guys. As a Bears fan, I just can't wrap my head around this.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

RANK
cowboys-logo.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS

Full Team Breakdown

-- Dak Prescott (2016-present): 48 starts | 32-16 | 2 Pro Bowls | 96.0 passer rating
-- Tony Romo (2003-2016): 127 starts | 78-49 | 4 Pro Bowls | 97.1 passer rating
-- Troy Aikman (1989-2000): 165 starts | 94-71 | 6 Pro Bowls | 81.6 passer rating | 3 SB rings
-- Danny White (1976-1988): 92 starts | 62-30 | 1 Pro Bowl | 81.7 passer rating
-- Roger Staubach (1969-1979): 114 starts | 85-29 | 6 Pro Bowls | 83.4 passer rating | 2 SB rings

The Cowboys have had above-average-to-great quarterback play consistently for almost 50 years, with five Super Bowl titles and 19 Pro Bowl selections combined between their franchise guys. As a Bears fan, I just can't wrap my head around this.

Conveniently jump over the fact that they actually played defense in the 70's. Nobody above Roger would have had a higher passer rating if the DBs were allowed to mug the WRs like they did when he was QB.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tuesday, Jun 11, 2019 11:30 AM
Garrett Updates Injuries; Rookie Draft Pick Out
18-Eatman_Nick-HS

Nick Eatman
DALLASCOWBOYS.COM STAFF WRITER
SENIOR MANAGER, DIGITAL MEDIA

Garrett-Updates-Injuries-Rookie-Draft-Pick-Out-center

FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys have completed their nine OTA practices and have now moved onto the three-day minicamp, which began Tuesday morning at The Star.
Head coach Jason Garrett previewed the mandatory minicamp, which should include all 90 players on the roster.
After this week’s minicamp, the players and coaches will seemingly be off until the Cowboys report to training camp in Oxnard, Calif. on July 25.
But before that, there is plenty of work to do. Garrett discussed a variety of topics, including another injury to a draft pick.

Here are some of the highlights:
  • After the press conference, Garrett said rookie lineman Connor McGovern will miss another week of practices with a pectoral injury. The third-round pick from Penn State suffered the injury last week in OTAs. The Cowboys will keep him out all week as well with the hopes of getting him 100 percent for the start of training camp in late July.
  • Of the players who haven’t been practicing, such as DeMarcus Lawrence, Antwaun Woods and Byron Jones, Garrett said “the same guys will stay out.” However, he mentioned La’el Collins, Travis Frederick, Allen Hurns and Tavon Austin will all participate in individual drills this week.
  • Garrett also mentioned Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Jameill Showers (returning from ACL injury) will all be limited to just two practices this week – either for rest or rehab purposes.
  • When asked what the biggest difference will be this week in the mandatory minicamp and the previous nine OTA practice, Garrett said there won’t be a lot of noticeable changes. The fact that these practices are mandatory doesn’t affect the Cowboys as much, considering they had such strong participation in the voluntary practices. However, Garrett said the length of the day will be changed as the NFL allows a longer day in the minicamps. The team will keep the players longer after practice to review the film.
  • Garrett also said there will be more situational sessions in these practices. The Cowboys will use some of these practices to work on “Play-it-out situations,” such as the end of the half or two-minute drills with a specific scenario in place.
  • Being a backup quarterback for most of his career, Garrett understands the importance of the backups to get reps. He said both Cooper Rush and Mike White are “doing well” as they compete for the No. 2 spots. Garrett also said getting reps there might be the most important for any position on the team. “They’ve made strides,” Garrett said of the backups. “It’s important to get reps. The more work they get, the better they get. We want everyone to get some work equally.”
  • When asked how Sean Lee might be handling a reduced role this year, Garrett said it’s a bit premature to have those discussions. “I don’t know if we’re at that point. We’re just trying to get everyone better and Sean is one of those guys that has great energy and leadership. He’s just someone that loves to play football. As we get close to this thing, we’ll sort out everyone’s role. He’s had a great offseason.”
    Lee is expected to move to strong side linebacker, a spot that doesn’t typically stay on the field as long. However, Garrett added later that the Cowboys are trying to figure out their best personnel packages that will include Jaylon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch and of course, Lee.

SOURCE:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

"...For the record, the Chargers have the most players in my top 100 with eight, followed by the Cowboys (seven), and the Saints and Chiefs with six each..."

16. Zeke Elliott
He led the league in rushing last year and should again push for that title. The health of Dallas' line should make him even better in 2019.

26. Demarcus Lawrence
The Cowboys gave him a big-money deal for a reason this offseason. He is an issue for any offense with his ability to come off the edge.

46. Zack Martin
Like the entire Dallas line, he wasn't as good last season as he was the year before. But he continues to be a dominant guard in both the run and pass game.

58. Tyron Smith
Injuries have dropped him down some on this list because he hasn't been as dominant. A full season of good health will push him back up. I think he's the best when healthy.

80. Jaylon Smith
His play was unreal considering what he came back from in terms of that devastating injury in his bowl game in college. Watch out this season.

85. Byron Jones
He had his breakout season as a cover player in 2018, moving to corner full time. He's there to stay.

99. Travis Frederick
He's coming back from Guillain-Barre syndrome that forced him to miss last season. So expect him higher on this list in 2020.

Top Bottom