dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How confident are you in Bruce Carter as a starting ILB opening week, 2012?

Pretty confident. Carter would have been a higher rated prospect than Kuechly had he come out this year instead of last anyway, likewise he would have never been available where we got him if not for the in-season ACL at UNC last year either.

Reaction score
Pretty confident. Carter would have been a higher rated prospect than Kuechly had he come out this year instead of last anyway, likewise he would have never been available where we got him if not for the in-season ACL at UNC last year either.

.... as an OLB, in a 4-3 defense.

He's a project. And he got very, very little exposure to his new position his rookie year.

Reaction score

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
norm said this morning he believes Dallas will model the patriots, he said he was sure of it.

said to expect all defense this offseason and that the team will hope the defense can grow with lots of young players while the offense carries them.

dont kill me I am just passing it along.

Maybe they grab a guard or center in free agency, resign robinson and then go all defense. Buying a guard wouldnt be the new england way.

to me this just sounds like something he came up with after talking to goose the other day. Goose changes his wasy to build a franchise each year, this must be his way this year. and norm just repeats it.

but

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Never going to happen. One or the other.

I think they might go after Nicks, as insurance.

How confident are you in Bruce Carter as a starting ILB opening week, 2012?

About as confidant as I was with Lee when he started opening week. Speaking of which, soemthing that might give us some hope. Jerry drafted two ILBs in consecutive drafts with Lee and Carter. Maybe he might draft consecutive OL?

Reaction score
norm said this morning he believes Dallas will model the patriots, he said he was sure of it.

said to expect all defense this offseason and that the team will hope the defense can grow with lots of young players while the offense carries them.

Dennard. book that sh@t.

Reaction score
You could do a lot worse than modeling after the Patriots.

Only problem is that it's not a true emulation, just saying we're going to concentrate on defense with our same ******-in-chief doing the concentrating. And then I'm sure next year we'll be on to trying to fake model after the next latest craze.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully we can find a Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick because the Patriots are TURRABLE at personnel outside of that.

Reaction score

Maybe they grab a guard or center in free agency, resign robinson and then go all defense. Buying a guard wouldnt be the new england way.

to me this just sounds like something he came up with after talking to goose the other day. Goose changes his wasy to build a franchise each year, this must be his way this year. and norm just repeats it.

but

I will flip my shit if Decastro is available and they pass on him. They should have learned from how effective Tyron is, and how long Larry Allen stayed here, that you get a great bang for your buck with a sure-thing Oline prospect...and you save your QBs life.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To me, it seems like Decastro AND Nicks is out of the question. They essentially would admit to just throwing away a 4th rounder in Arkin since he wouldn't start for at least 5 yrs if we got those two OG's. I bet they just draft Decastro and give Holland a contract while they allow Arkin to fight it out with him.

It's just how this franchise operates. If there's a realistic chance we can vastly improve the team....they don't.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I will flip my shit if Decastro is available and they pass on him. They should have learned from how effective Tyron is, and how long Larry Allen stayed here, that you get a great bang for your buck with a sure-thing Oline prospect...and you save your QBs life.

Not only that, but you help out your defense, in reducing the 3 and outs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
To me, it seems like Decastro AND Nicks is out of the question. They essentially would admit to just throwing away a 4th rounder in Arkin since he wouldn't start for at least 5 yrs if we got those two OG's. I bet they just draft Decastro and give Holland a contract while they allow Arkin to fight it out with him.

It's just how this franchise operates. If there's a realistic chance we can vastly improve the team....they don't.

How many 4th rounders have they thrown away? Skyler Green, Stanback, AOA...

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How many 4th rounders have they thrown away? Skyler Green, Stanback, AOA...

At worst...we have a really good swing OG to back up Decastro and Nicks. A 4th isn't THAT bad to miss and is usually where you find depth to fill the roster. But they will probably try everything possible to milk that 4th into a probowler that will never surface.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At worst...we have a really good swing OG to back up Decastro and Nicks. A 4th isn't THAT bad to miss and is usually where you find depth to fill the roster. But they will probably try everything possible to milk that 4th into a probowler that will never surface.

Maybe not. We'll see. If Garrett attends DeCastro's pro day, that will be the telltale sign that we will draft him if he's there. Fact is, Arkin is a 4th rounder from a small school. Could we plug Arkin into the starting lineup on opening day next season? Probably not. But I'm certain DeCastro very could. DeCastro comes from not only one of the top schools academically in the country, but also one of the top football programs. In addition he was coached by Harbaugh. If Garrett is making the decision, I think DeCastro will be the pick.

Reaction score
Stephen mentioned the secondary and the Pays DB's are a complete scrap heap.

I'm not yet seeing the elite stud and think we can trade down and get like 3 picks from 24-50

but

Top Bottom