Reaction score
A week ago I would've been Anti Von Miller.

But I think this is a guy you can plug in anywhere in the LB core.

Supposedly he can cover like a DB and people think he can play ILB too.

So if you have a creative D Coordinator (which we do) he is a guy you could use as a hybrid in a Polamalu / Clay Matthews type of role.

He interesting to me because he is so versatile / dominant vs the pass.

If he can make plays in the backfield and make plays in front of our Safeties than I say why not? We need that.

If we did pick him up, I could see him being inside for two downs, then slipping outside in pass rushing situations. I would not hate the pick. Not to mention, everything I;ve read he seems like a total team player.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A week ago I would've been Anti Von Miller.

But I think this is a guy you can plug in anywhere in the LB core.

Supposedly he can cover like a DB and people think he can play ILB too.

So if you have a creative D Coordinator (which we do) he is a guy you could use as a hybrid in a Polamalu / Clay Matthews type of role.

He interesting to me because he is so versatile / dominant vs the pass.

If he can make plays in the backfield and make plays in front of our Safeties than I say why not? We need that.

I'm with you on this. I was very much anti Miller until watching him for an entire game yesterday. I came away very impressed. He's alot better against the run than people give him credit for. The guy was making plays all over the field. AND HE CAN COVER. Interesting that you compared him to Polamalu, because Miller sort of reminds me of Darren Woodson a bit. Woodson was an LB in college and converted to Safety in the NFL; now I'm not proposing that we convert Miller to Safety if we were to draft him but the guy's versitality would be wasted by just having him as a pass rushing OLB, which we already do not need.

I would not be upset if we picked Miller at #9. I've elevated him above Jordan but still below the big Four. For awhile I have cooled on Peterson, but now I feel that if we bring in Peterson, he needs to convert to Safety. He has big time safety size and he played as a zone CB, which would make him more suited as a FS along with his freakish athleticism. Which bring us to Amukamara. I have Amukamara graded higher as a CB than Peterson, but do we really now need a CB? It'd be typical knee-jerk to suggest that we do after last season, and although Jones may be using it as a smokescreen, I am inclined to agree that we are set at CB. I truly believe that better safety play would help our CBs out than simply bringing in another CB. What problems existed to make our CBs play as they did, would they not still be existant even with Amukamara? This is where I think Peterson as a Safety would help us. Out of Fairly, Bowers, and Peterson, Peterson has the greater likelihood of dropping to us than the other two. So if it's a choice between Peterson and Miller, then Peterson is the obvious choice, providing we use him as a Safety. If the choice is between Miller and Amukamara, then it's MILLER TIME! (Where's that clanking beer icon?)

Mind you this was not my position until yesterday after watching Miller. If Wade were still the HC, then I would be staunchly against Miller, because Wade would lack the intelligence and imagination to use in the way that has been proposed, and thus Miller's talents would be wasted, much like Jason Williams.

Reaction score
I'm with you on this. I was very much anti Miller until watching him for an entire game yesterday. I came away very impressed. He's alot better against the run than people give him credit for. The guy was making plays all over the field. AND HE CAN COVER. Interesting that you compared him to Polamalu, because Miller sort of reminds me of Darren Woodson a bit. Woodson was an LB in college and converted to Safety in the NFL; now I'm not proposing that we convert Miller to Safety if we were to draft him but the guy's versitality would be wasted by just having him as a pass rushing OLB, which we already do not need.

I would not be upset if we picked Miller at #9. I've elevated him above Jordan but still below the big Four. For awhile I have cooled on Peterson, but now I feel that if we bring in Peterson, he needs to convert to Safety. He has big time safety size and he played as a zone CB, which would make him more suited as a FS along with his freakish athleticism. Which bring us to Amukamara. I have Amukamara graded higher as a CB than Peterson, but do we really now need a CB? It'd be typical knee-jerk to suggest that we do after last season, and although Jones may be using it as a smokescreen, I am inclined to agree that we are set at CB. I truly believe that better safety play would help our CBs out than simply bringing in another CB. What problems existed to make our CBs play as they did, would they not still be existant even with Amukamara? This is where I think Peterson as a Safety would help us. Out of Fairly, Bowers, and Peterson, Peterson has the greater likelihood of dropping to us than the other two. So if it's a choice between Peterson and Miller, then Peterson is the obvious choice, providing we use him as a Safety. If the choice is between Miller and Amukamara, then it's MILLER TIME! (Where's that clanking beer icon?)

Mind you this was not my position until yesterday after watching Miller. If Wade were still the HC, then I would be staunchly against Miller, because Wade would lack the intelligence and imagination to use in the way that has been proposed, and thus Miller's talents would be wasted, much like Jason Williams.

I agree with most of what you said, except:

We do need more pass rushers. Spencer is inconsistent, and Butler is still blossoming (and will never be the natural athlete that guys like Ware and Miller are). You can never have enough guys that can go get the quarterback.

Top Bottom