LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Those are the only two conclusions that I can come to with the game, and it starts and ends with Garrett. You have the highest paid OC in the league with one of the most talented offenses in terms of players in the league and one of the top defenses to back him up and yet 7 points is all he could muster, against a very pedestrian defense.

Is it sabotage or stupidity? Perhaps it's both, but either way, it added up to the same thing: a shameful/disgraceful display.
Blame can be placed every where except Wade and the defense. The Oline which was a concern did it's job admirable with the exception of Barron, and even he until the 4th quarter was doing a decent job. Barron is what he is; and still is what he was in St. Louis, I had high hopes for him in that a new team would impro ve his play like Davis. Colombo cannot get back soon enough, and neither can Sam Young, after which, we cut bait with Barron. Maybe even go after Ugoh.

Blame can be placed on Romo to a very limited degree. He missed a wide open Witten in the end zone and over threw Roy in the end zone.

Bottomline though, despite Romo and Barron's fuckups, it shouldn't have come down to all of this, meaning that even those fuckups could have been overcame. Like I said in the beginning, it started and ends with Garrett and his playcalling.

Garrett is a DRIVE-KILLER. The offense will be going on like a well-oiled machine and just steamrolling and then in one of his moments of stroke of genius, he does something and out thinks himself. And because of it, had me thinking is Garrett trying to sabotage Wade, much like Coslet was trying to sabotage Campo? I believe so. The two side passes to Bryant in a row.and neither of them worked: one for no yards and the other for negative yards. I've seen side passes so many times up here in Minnesota. The Vikings used to do them with Carter and Moss. But the thing is that they AUDIBLED those side passes when they saw the CB about 10 yards off of the LOS, they never ran it out of the huddle and with the CB sitting right on the WR. Personally, I find those passes dangerous to the WR in that at that moment they are very vulnerable. Oftentimes, they yield minimum gain and result in a wasted down. Instead of running those side passes---THREE TIMES to Dez, they should have ran those WR bubble screens. I saw none of those, hold... up. I saw one, and they called PI on Dez with it, which is interesting because he was a blocker on that play and the pass was BEHIND the LOS.

The running game was doing fine, and Garrett abandoned it or he on 3rd and 2, called that pitchout to Choice to the side of THE STRENGTH OF THE REDSKINS DEFENSE and where they were overloaded. The result was a loss of yards and 3 and out. And then the failure to get the ball in either Dez and Roy's hands until near the end of the game. THIS IS SABOTAGUE.

The STUPIDITY comes in with 4 seconds left in the half and being down 0-3, while on our OWN 30 YARD LINE, Garrett calls a play instead of taking a knee. And we know what the result was. WHAT FUCKING COACH DOES THIS? Did he think that he would move the ball 80 yards for a TD in 4 seconds or get into FG range in that much time and set up?
It'd be easy and intellectually lazy at best to blame Wade for this, were it not for Wade being livid about the whole thing, which clearly suggest that this was not his call.

After this game, I have developed a deeper respect for Wade. I developed a deeper respect in him that no other coach has thrived and had success like Wade under such adverse conditions: a meglomaniac owner that overmicromanages, who hamstrung him with acquiring players and surrending up valuable draft picks, and then a backstabbing sabotuer OC that is also stupid. He has no control over this team except on defense. He has to share power with the running of the team, and to add insult to injury, suffer the indignity of having his OC make as much as him, with far fewer results, despite having as much talent.

I wouldn't blame him one bit if Wade just got up and quit. Wade gets no respect for ANYTHING good, but gets blamed for EVERYTHING bad. You got the ignoraqnt fans that think they know football, and press the default button (blame Wade) for the ills of this team.

This may very well be Wade's last year, which would be most unfortunate. If any person that needs to go clearly it's Garrett. You're not going to find ANYONE that can run and have success with the 3-4, in the manner that Wade runs it and with the personel he put in place. You can get just about anybody with a modicum off intelligence to run this offense with the personel/talent that it has.

have seen too many times, OCs do much MORE with far LESS. T.O. and Roy both complained about Garrett's offense; now naturally, you might be rolling your eyes at that and you wouldn't be wrong in doing so, because you can take what either says with a grain of salt, however, Romo himself, had voiced similar complaints, and that is pretty telling when the QB complains about the system. And then there's Ray Lewis, who stated as to how Garrett's offense was the most "simplistic offense in the league." This is coming from a HOF LB---one of the best to ever play his position, and he doesn't have a dog in the fight nor an ax to grind.

Show me a defensive player on this team, that has complained about Wade's defense in similar fashion. Show me a offensive player (QB) of another team that has labeled Wade's defense as the "most simplistic in the league."

I am almost certain that Garrett would not have been Wade's choice as an OC, but that's the operative word, 'choice', and Wade had none.

We're not going to win the Super Bowl this year, and Wade is going to get a bum rap for it---pardon the pun.

Austin, Witten, Romo, Bryant, Jones, Barber, Choice, and even Williams... all that talent and only 7 points in four quarters. What more can you do? What more can be given to Garrett? If he cannot get it done with that, then what good is he? Certainly not $3 million per year good. We all know him to be a fraud, and that for the 2007 season, it was Sparano making the playcalls.

There is always something out of wack with the Cowboys. Not once of late has any aspect of the team been on the same page with the rest. One time it was the defense, well we got that taken care of, thyen it was special teams and then we got that taken care of, and now it's the offense.

Bottomline is this... that last play of the first half wuith 4 seconds left is what did us in. Romo missing open receivers, and Barron's holding penalties mean absolutely nothing. The game was LOST ON THAT PLAY. Instead of just taking a knee with 4 seconds left and going into the locker room with the score 0-3. 4 FUCKING SECONDS. What did he expect to accomplished? I do not want a coach of this team that would do something stupid or with the intention of sabotague. I was sick over it.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall on that plane ride back, and then with Garrett meeting with Jerry, in trying to explain why he did it.

Top Bottom