Reaction score
7/14/2011 11:01:36 AM | More

This is a make-or-break year for Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno. According to columnist Woody Paige of the Denver Post., former coach Josh McDaniels and his staff thought privately that they had made a big mistake in drafting Moreno. "He was not what they thought. He hasn't been tough, smart, motivated. He has been a bust. I've said it before. He's not a great clubhouse guy. Interpret that how you want, and he's been a wimp on the field."

John Fox is bringing back the zone blocking, and Moreno is not a one-cut back who will go against the grain, or, at least, he hasn't been, and he doesn't get into the secondary fast. They need another running back bad, and Fox, in our three-hour conversation last week, said running back is the priority, along with defensive tackles, in free agency.

It doesn't help that Moreno has not been showing up at any of the player-organized workouts during the lockout.

----------------------

This kind of suprises me. I liked him going into that draft. He was on my fantasy team last year.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Shanny's old team haven't had a good running back since he left and Shanny's new team haven't been able to find a good running back since he got there. Go figure.

The Broncos did take a big fat dump in this draft though. Had two first round picks, one of which could have been Orakpo or Clay Matthews instead of Ayers, and the other could have been anyone but Moreno.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also.. is that even news? A columnist thinks a guy is a bust. Whoopdeedoo. Please get this deal signed so we can have actual football news again.

Top Bottom