7. not Mickey Spagnolia
8. not Stephen Jones
9. not grandkid Jones
10. not Jeff Heath

I say we start here, and go from there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan Patrick says his "sources" are telling him Jerry still interested in Gruden.

I think its probably likely to happen. The season is shaping up as a total train wreck. I think Garrett gets axed, they hire Gruden and Marinelli is promoted to DC. Not sure what will happen with Callahan, maybe he goes back to being OL coach fulltime but I doubt he will be calling plays anymore.

I think Lovie Smith would be the fallback option.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Listening to Ticket right now. Someone called in recently when Mickey was on and said "hey Mickey, has anyone on the Cowboys ever done anything wrong in your opinion?"

Pretty funny.

What did he say to that?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hiring Gruden is the worst thing we could do.

Eh. Sticking with Garrett is worse.

I was all for giving him a fair shake, but his fair shake ran out last yr and is long overdue now. He isn't the answer here and its time to move on.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe we need to bring back the Gruden sigs, dbair...

God, that sucked when one of the Fan guys reported that Jerry was having dinner with him last spring and it turned out to be false.

:cat

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think its probably likely to happen. The season is shaping up as a total train wreck. I think Garrett gets axed, they hire Gruden and Marinelli is promoted to DC. Not sure what will happen with Callahan, maybe he goes back to being OL coach fulltime but I doubt he will be calling plays anymore.

I think Lovie Smith would be the fallback option.

I'd rather they ditch Callahan altogether and bring in Mike Tice for OL coach.

Reaction score
My money is on Lovie Smith coming in.

Our defense is bad enough to where I could see a defensive coach being hired, with Marinelli promoted to DC. Not sure who Lovie would hire to run his offense though. But I'm all for drastic changes on O. A new face is needed.

Reaction score
Lovie's offenses were terrible in Chicago and he did NOTHING to help cutler develop. While not as bad as Ginger, he's also a terrible clock/timeout manager. I hated the Wade hiring and I would definitely hate the Lovie too. The league rules are catered to offenses these days. There's no point in having an above avg D if you can't move the chains on the other side of the ball. We need someone like Sean Payton to innovate our offense. I def wouldn't mind Marinelli getting promoted though. He's a solid coach.

Ginger, Wade Wilson and Callahan are all parasites. They're just earning paychecks and making the team worse and worse each season. They should have never gotten jobs, and it definitely shouldn't have taken this long to finally get rid of them.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Eh. Sticking with Garrett is worse.

I was all for giving him a fair shake, but his fair shake ran out last yr and is long overdue now. He isn't the answer here and its time to move on.

Naw, it would just be continuing hiring coaches who shouldn't be coaching. Prolonging all of our suffering.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

Our defense is bad enough to where I could see a defensive coach being hired, with Marinelli promoted to DC. Not sure who Lovie would hire to run his offense though. But I'm all for drastic changes on O. A new face is needed.

Anyone but the red ball of shame.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind Lovie Smith. You have a good point about the defense but Romo would need a coach like Gruden. He needs someone in his ear.

Reaction score
Wait.... I just remembered what I'm going to dream later on tonight.

You are trying too hard. 2 posts of sad reaction formation.

Oops.

Sorry.

You don't have a magic brain so here's a nutshell.

Reaction formation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In psychoanalytic theory, reaction formation is a defensive process (defense mechanism) in which anxiety-producing or unacceptable emotions and impulses are mastered by exaggeration (hypertrophy) of the directly opposing tendency.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_formation

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm almost positive Jerry gets an offensive coach. He's already mentioned how the nfl is an offensive league. Which is true.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Naw, it would just be continuing hiring coaches who shouldn't be coaching. Prolonging all of our suffering.

yeah that's a chance you take...but eventually Jones would get lucky again if he keeps taking enough chances, you'd think

Top Bottom