Reaction score
Roto

Redskins agreed to terms with WR DeSean Jackson on a three-year, $24 million contract with $16 million guaranteed.
The Redskins had just $6.5 million in cap space, so the majority of Jackson's 2014 earnings should come via a signing bonus. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a mixed landing spot. D-Jax will have a playmaking quarterback in Robert Griffin III, but has to contend with another No. 1 receiver in Pierre Garcon. Jackson isn't going to come anywhere close to the 82/1,332/9 line he posted in 2013, and won't be a lock for 1,000 yards. For the Redskins, however, it's a coup for a team that hurt for weapons outside of Garcon and Jordan Reed last season. Jay Gruden's offense just got a whole lot more explosive on paper.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CZ reaction:

OH NOES!!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Skins got Deasean Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can we ever cope!!!!!

Reaction score
Well, since our secondary has been hot garbage and the Skins always seem to torch us, I can see cause for concern. We've done alright with DJack lately, but I don't expect anything from this defense yet.

Reaction score
Good. I'm literally all about our divisional opponents improving and kicking our ass this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good. I'm literally all about our divisional opponents improving and kicking our ass this year.

Not that I really care, but how often in the past have the Redskins gone after other divisional rivals' players, and how often has it panned out for them?

Do the Eagles know something? I wouldn't put it past them. They could have traded Jackson to a team outside the division, but instead they cut him, knowing full well that he could land with a divisional rival. Even more interesting and maybe suspicious, no other team in the league even kicked the tires on Jackson. Definitely another Redskins' offseason M.O. from the past.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With DeSean and DeAngelo Hall the Redskins might be leading the league in douchebagness.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason this doesn't worry me at all. He's a good player, but not a true difference maker. And he's got a terrible attitude to deal with. I think Wash will be better as Griffin is a year farther from the knee surgery, but I can't see them being good enough to really matter.

Reaction score
3 for 24 is not that great of a deal. There was no interest in this guy around the league. He's not talented enough to overcome concerns about his private life for most teams. Now they've got two bitchy wideouts who are gonna be calling for Cousins to start because cornball brotha won't take responsibility for sucking.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't believe Jerry didn't hand him a $50 million contract after he heard he was in the crips. He loves signing pieces of crap. He passed on the one who would have got us to another Super Bowl though - Moss.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There was no interest in this guy around the league.

I don't think that's true. 49ers and Raiders publicly reached out to him. I get you're a Jerry defender but this is extreme homerness. Everyone is overrated, unless of course we sign him.

As for the actual signing, he's a good player and his skillset is our weakness. I would have preferred he left the division but at the same time, this signing doesn't worry me.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's a perfect fit for RG3. His style is chucking it down the field as far as he can and hope his guy runs underneath it.

Top Bottom