Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;vmVUlltmFzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVUlltmFzY[/video]

Reaction score
He probably thought the sooner he talked to the cop the sooner he'd put the situation to rest. He was like I got this honey

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Was the cane loaded?

I can't believe that cop travoned the old man. I will be curious if the cop is charged with anything.

Follow up story:

CLOVER, S.C. —

The York County sheriff has reviewed the dash cam video of an officer-involved shooting, and placed the deputy responsible on paid leave during the investigation.

Deputy Terrance Knox, 24, stopped Bobby Canipe, 70, of Lincolnton, Tuesday night in Clover, for an expired tag. Deputies said Canipe got out of his truck and grabbed a walking cane out of the bed of his pickup. The deputy thought the cane was a weapon.

Knox fired his gun at Canipe several times, striking him once in the stomach area. Close friends said Canipe had surgery Wednesday at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, and is expected to survive.

Eyewitnesses told Channel 9 they saw the sheriff's car moments before the shooting, parked in parking lot on 321.

It looked like the deputy was running radar, said Joe Ashwell.

"I saw the truck go by and the cop pulled out after him, turned his blue light on," Ashwell said. "I guess he got him stopped over the top of the hill there."

It was a few minutes later when Ashwell heard shots fired. Canipe was unarmed, and there was also a female passenger in the truck with him, officials said.

Sheriff's spokesman Trent Faris said Knox reacted to what he thought was a threat.

"It does appear at this time that Deputy Knox's actions were an appropriate response to what he reasonably believed to be an imminent threat to his life," Faris said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/york-co-sheriff-deputy-involved-shooting/ndcPD/

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
absent permission, never get out of your vehicle when a cop stops you. old codger should have known that.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"It does appear at this time that Deputy Knox's actions were an appropriate response to what he reasonably believed to be an imminent threat to his life," Faris said.

Is Deputy Knox also blind?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Houston area father kills boy he found in daughter's bedroom

dadshot.jpg

Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:06 AM EST By Kathryn Yglecias, Senior Web Producer

Homicide investigators are gathering evidence after a father shoots and kills a teenage boy he found in his daughter's bedroom.

A spokesperson for the Harris County Sheriff's office said Deputy constables from pct 4 responded to a 911 call around 2:20 a.m. about a shooting in the Bridgestone Lake Subdivision in Northwest Harris County.

Police tell FOX 26 reporter John Donnelly that the father was notified that there was someone in his daughter's bedroom by one of his other children.

The father then went into the girl's bedroom and discovered the 17 year old male in bed with his 16 year old daughter. The daughter denied knowing who the boy was.

A confrontation between the father and boy started. The boy apparently wasn't listening to the father's commands and reached for something. It ended with 17 year old being shot and killed at the scene.

The 16 year old girl later admitted to investigators that she did know the boy and had let him into the home.

The father's was taken by ambulance from the home for treatment of an unrelated medical situation.

So far no arrests have been made.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like the father didn't approve of this particular boy anywhere near his daughter.

Just reading between the lines....

Top Bottom