C

Cr122

Sean Lee: 'It's tough not to feel like a pansy on the sideline when you're hurt'
Posted at 8:30 PM on Wed., Aug. 4, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW.com sports Bio | E-mail | News tips

On how he felt in practice today:
"I thought it was alright. I'm still getting back in shape, at least football shape. It was good to get back to the team. Finally being out there I felt really good, the quad felt good, and I'm excited to move on from here."

Do you think you are going to play Sunday?
"I don't know. I don't know if they think I've practiced enough to play, but my goal is if I don't play this week to definitely play next week against Oakland."

Did it hinder you from doing anything out there?
"No; I felt good. They kind of eased me into it, but once I got in I warmed up, I felt really good."

On finally getting to practice again:
"It's tough not to feel like a pansy on the sideline when you're hurt. It's tough to see your team grind through two-adays and you not to be a part of it. And to finally be a part of it, to be part of the team, to build that camaraderie, to be here with the Cowboys, it's great to get back. I've wanted to get back to help those guys. That's been the toughest part, seeing those guys who grind it out come to practice every day and work really hard. As a young guy being on the sidelines and not being able to help out, that was tough for me."

On how he got injured:
"It's something that happens. I think part of it was I didn't hydrate well between practices, and it cramped, it just went. To be honest if it was a game, I would have been able to play through it. It's just one of the things they wanted to be careful with early in the season."

On having good recognition during a screen pass play:
"It's one of those things; I just went through my reads. Coach (Reggie) Herring has been doing a great job helping me with my reads with the defenses, and I just followed my reads and tried to get to the ball."

Top Bottom