tiny tim

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wednesday morning, former Cowboys quarterback and Hall of Famer Roger Staubach talked about what is wrong with the current Cowboys on Mike and Mike.

Staubach mentioned there were huge expectations for the Cowboys in 2010 but of course they've fallen short of those goals with the current 1-7 record.

"It's a combination of a lot of mistakes," Staubach said. "Mistakes are I guess are part of discipline and other issues. I think we were leading the league or close to it in penalties and just making mistakes in [special teams]."

Staubach also said the injury to quarterback Tony Romo hurts the team but he's confident that possibly Jason Garrett can move things in a positive direction.

"They just need a change right now and Jason Garrett is well respected," Staubach said. "He's done a pretty darn good job on offense and now he's got to take over the team and get it turned around but they've been in dire straits this whole week just trying to figure this thing out. And of course everybody likes Wade Phillips and it's a shame that they're 1-7 if you're a Cowboys fan."

The Cowboys have committed the seventh most penalties in the league this season with 62 and have the 10th best offense overall and 17th best defense overall.

By Calvin Watkins

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4674316/roger-staubach-talks-about-the-cowboys

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is his name Captain Comeback or Captain Obvious?

I can't remember.

Last edited:

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's Roger Staubach you're talkin about.**Angelic chorus starts to sing**

If I was at the Zone I would have ten people come in saying "Hey!!!" then Hostile would chime and about twenty more would agree with him and call him 'Hos'.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is his name Captain Comeback or Captain Obvious?

I can't remember.

See my title? It says "Moderator"

I have rules, one of my rules is NOBODY mocks or denigrates #12

You've been warned. lol

Plymkr

Reaction score
I don't work at Best Buy and haven't for years.

You need to talk to Bob about that.

Oh shit, my bad bro. I thought you still worked there. Wasn't that going on in the Rant and Rave? Whichever.

You still must never talk bad of Staubach, lol, it's sac relig bro.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh shit, my bad bro. I thought you still worked there. Wasn't that going on in the Rant and Rave? Whichever.

Yes it was. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

I was thinking since I had just worked at a furniture warehouse for 18 months I could go and work for Best Buy and become a more complete person.

Wrong.

Top Bottom