Reaction score
8/20/2011 1:22:24 PM | More

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan delivered the first verbal salvo at his week 1 opponent according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

Ryan predicts the Jets will beat the Cowboys when he squares off against his brother Rob, who is the new defensive coordinator of the Cowboys.

"I hate to do it to him again, but we’re going to," Ryan said during a conference call with Jets' season ticket holders this week. "We’ve got to beat ‘em.”

Last year, Rex dressed up as Rob in the days leading up to the game in Cleveland. He jokingly put out a bounty on Rob’s head. “Five bucks,” he cracked at the time.

“Playing against my brother or coaching against my brother is always special,” Ryan said. “There’s no doubt about that… I know he’ll have his team ready to go. They’re going to be popping out of their skin, so to speak, ready to play.... He’s going to bring in a team that has a lot of talent, but our guys are going to be up for it.

"It is special," he added about facing his brother. "After the game, in particular. But going into it, it doesn’t matter. The fact that it’s my brother or cousin or anybody else. It makes no difference . We’re paid to win. And that’s what we go about doing.”

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The shit talking before this game is going to be off the charts......burress, Ryan, Scott, lt.....with the ny media bating them intuit they will never be able to keep their mouths shut.....and if they do the post and the daily news will fabricate it just like they did before our playoff game in 07 against the giants..

Hopefully being crapped on and being the underdog all week will be a great vice for us.

tiny tim

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just had a dream that we lost this game. In my dream it was a sunday afternoon game and not a sunday night game. I am glad that it was only a dream.

Top Bottom