BookOfRomo

Spectator
Reaction score
IMO - give him one game....one game to let the soreness heal and the lung to re-inflate or whatever it does. He obviously wants to play and it's a division game but lots of damage can be done. I'm no doctor (contractor) but it seems one or two games rest would reduce the chance for long term injury for not only this year, but the rest of his career.

Also, I think we beat Washington with Kitna, imo one of the best backups in the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he says he can play and the docs clear him, he should play.

I doubt they'd have let him back in the game last week if they were concerned over more damage.

Reaction score
Let him play. Receive the kick off. Go down score.

Throw exotic blitzes at Grossman with Newman on Moss, Jenkins on Armstrong, and double Davis with Lee and a safety. Bring out Bad Rex with an early turnover.

Go down score again.

Rex isn't good enough to lead a team back from two scores down.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Let him play. Receive the kick off. Go down score.

Throw exotic blitzes at Grossman with Newman on Moss, Jenkins on Armstrong, and double Davis with Lee and a safety. Bring out Bad Rex with an early turnover.

Go down score again.

Rex isn't good enough to lead a team back from two scores down.

They came close enough for me in the last game between these teams last season. redskins were down 30-14 at the start of 4th qtr. And almost came back and won it. But, like you stated, it was Rex who threw the int at the end of the game. So, vaild.

hopefully Dallas's defense doesn't make Rex look like Joe Montanillo Monday.

On whether Romo plays or not? Play him. If he can run outta the tunnel , has full velocity in his arm. You play him. Yes, I know this is the 3rd game of the season. But, it's the redskins. All hands should be on deck to beat the shit outta this team.

I don't want Kitna anywhere near the center on the field.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He has to play in this one. Every game is important, but it is very important to get to 2-1 before playing Det and NE. They lose this one and I could easily see a 1-4 record.

C

Cr122

He'll play and do fine. I mean he played last week with a cracked rib and punctured lung, amirite?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They came close enough for me in the last game between these teams last season. redskins were down 30-14 at the start of 4th qtr. And almost came back and won it. But, like you stated, it was Rex who threw the int at the end of the game. So, vaild.

hopefully Dallas's defense doesn't make Rex look like Joe Montanillo Monday.

On whether Romo plays or not? Play him. If he can run outta the tunnel , has full velocity in his arm. You play him. Yes, I know this is the 3rd game of the season. But, it's the redskins. All hands should be on deck to beat the shit outta this team.

I don't want Kitna anywhere near the center on the field.

Only because the Cowboys went to prevent mode, courtesy of our then lame duck DC, Pasquebaloney. I don't see Ryan letting up.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMO - give him one game....one game to let the soreness heal and the lung to re-inflate or whatever it does. He obviously wants to play and it's a division game but lots of damage can be done. I'm no doctor (contractor) but it seems one or two games rest would reduce the chance for long term injury for not only this year, but the rest of his career.

Also, I think we beat Washington with Kitna, imo one of the best backups in the league.

I'm so confused. Here I'm thinking 'this guy *has* to be a doctor! But it turns out he's not. He's a contractor.

Reaction score
If he says he can play and the docs clear him, he should play.

I doubt they'd have let him back in the game last week if they were concerned over more damage.

Could be wrong, but im pretty sure they didn't know about the punctured lung before the game ended last week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but im pretty sure they didn't know about the punctured lung before the game ended last week.

I guess that didnt show up till they did the CT scan, though I'm unsure of what other symptoms he had at the time. There could have been things going on where they suspected it even it they couldnt confirm it till the next day.

Reaction score
I guess that didnt show up till they did the CT scan, though I'm unsure of what other symptoms he had at the time. There could have been things going on where they suspected it even it they couldnt confirm it till the next day.

Could have.. but again if they didn't know, that could be an injury where you should just take some time and rest until it heals. I don't know how serious it actually is, but like you said, whatever the doctors recommend is fine by me. If they say playing won't be a risk to further injure himself and its just all about pain tolerance than im all for him going on Monday.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Only because the Cowboys went to prevent mode, courtesy of our then lame duck DC, Pasquebaloney. I don't see Ryan letting up.

Welp, with the players that may or not be on the field. It could very happen again. Umm, just like it did about two weeks ago with the Jets.

Top Bottom