C

Cr122

Romo starts = Cowboys win

Kitna starts = Cowboys keep it respectable, but ultimately lose.

Nah, we're good. Jason Garrett will come up with a good gameplan for either QB.

We win this game regardless.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
If healthy, I think we'd win this game relatively easy. But banged up as we are, I just don't know. I think the Cowboys can still win, but it will be a lot closer than we'd like. We always seem to find the most f'd up way to lose to these chuds.

But still, I'll say....
With Romo- Cowboys 27 skins 17
With Kitna- Cowboys 20 skins 17

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
0e0eb612-a099-4aa5-87e6-3ce7acac3397.jpg

C

Cr122

Shanahan will have a good gameplan as well. It'll be a close game.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with another special teams threat in Banks.

Reaction score
lol

I trolled Extremeskins for a few weeks with the username 4Skins4Life!

Someone finally PM'd me and told me they were changing it.

Dicks.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the skins week...at some point this week I am going to watch Dallas at Washington 1991 & 1992 & 1983

Plus Washington at Dallas 1985 & 1992....

Reaction score
Real question is, with Romo nursing a fractured Rib... is it ultimately worth the risk??

Well, depends on what the risk is, exactly. I don't know how severe the injury is, what the treatments are, or how they'd be able to protect him with a brace. I want to say that other players had played with broken ribs, and they were fitted with some sort of brace that protected them well enough to play. But I might be confused.

We need to win. It's a division game, a conference game, and there's a HUGE difference between being 1-2 and 2-1.

Not that I have no confidence in Kitna. I actually think Kitna is the best back up in the league, and if he gets all the snaps this week, I'm not going to go into Mondays game feeling like a dead man walking. I think he'd do well for us. Wouldn't be the reason we lost, in other words.

But a fumble at the three yard line notwithstanding, Romo has been playing incredible this year. While your pass rush (Orakpo/Kerrigan) is impressive, I don't think your secondary matches up with our receivers that well at all.

I think if we (you know, Garrett and I) designed a game plan out of primarily two TE sets, comprised of mostly three step drops, screens, delayed draws, and included the backs in the passing game, then we'd do well to avoid Romo getting many hits.

Reaction score
Scouting the Redskins: Washington secondary scrambles to fill holes

By Carlos Mendez
Link

cmendez@star-telegram.com

The Washington Redskins might be mixing and matching in the secondary when they play the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night.

They are already down safety Kareem Moore, who began the season on the physically unable to perform list. Cornerback Phillip Buchanon is serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's banned substance policy.

Last week, they again played without strong safety LaRon Landry, who missed the season opener and all of the preseason with a strained right hamstring. He also missed the last seven games last year with an Achilles' injury.

Right cornerback Josh Wilson left Sunday's game with a back injury, backup free safety DeJon Gomes suffered a hamstring injury, and backup cornerback Kevin Barnes left the game with cramps.

It's probably a long shot for Landry, the Redskins' No. 1 pick in 2007, to play Monday night. Gomes could be a question all week. Coach Mike Shanahan said Sunday that Wilson's injury wasn't too bad.

Oshiomogho Atogwe and Reed Doughty have been starting at safety. DeAngelo Hall is the starting left corner, and Byron Westbrook is the backup right corner.

Red-zone Skins

The Redskins nearly lost to Arizona last week because they couldn't convert red-zone trips into touchdowns.

It got so bad, Mike Shanahan ordered the team to go for it on fourth-and-3 at the 18-yard line with the Redskins down 21-13 with 5 minutes to go.

It paid off in a touchdown, and later, Graham Gano kicked a game-winning field goal.

"Obviously not very good to score 22 points the way we move the football and being down in that red zone seven different times and only come away with two touchdowns," Shanahan said. "That will be an area of emphasis this next week."

The Redskins have five touchdowns in 11 red-zone trips in the season's first two games.

Tight end play

Tight end Fred Davis is making up for reduced production from veteran Chris Cooley.

Davis has 11 catches for 191 yards and a touchdown. Cooley, a two-time Pro Bowler and eight-year veteran, has two catches for 21 yards and was shut out last week against Arizona.

He caught 77 passes last year but is coming off knee surgery and didn't play in the preseason.

Davis, a four-year veteran out of Southern Cal, was the Redskins' second-round pick in 2008. He had a career-high 48 catches and a career-high six touchdowns two years ago.

Briefly

Rookie linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, the Redskins' first-round pick, is starting and has a sack, an interception and three passes defensed.

Running back Roy Helu might get more opportunities soon. He has averaged 6.9 yards on his 11 carries.

Quarterback Rex Grossman has a 59.7 percent completion rate, four touchdowns, two interceptions and has been sacked five times and lost a fumble.

This report contains material from other writers.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Nah, we're good. Jason Garrett will come up with a good gameplan for either QB.

We win this game regardless.

lol. Dbair? lol

Seriously, that is a bold statement.

This is the deadskins for piss sakes.

You can walk/run in practice, you are playing in this game. All hands on deck.

Romo plays, Dez plays, Witten plays, they best be on that field.

C

Cr122

Football Gameplan's NFL Week 3 Preview (Washington vs Dallas)

[video=youtube;MK3fvZzjrII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK3fvZzjrII[/video]

C

Cr122

Rex Grossman: Redskins-Cowboys is ‘the biggest rivalry in football’
By Dan Steinberg

This little paragraph showed up on CSN Washington Tuesday morning, concerning Washington’s upcoming showdown with Dallas:

The players will be asked the usual questions about the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry and most will say that all games are big games, especially ones in the division, but that there is not particular hatred directed towards what some call America’s Team. There are a few exceptions; Brian Orakpo is from Houston and he grew up hating the Cowboys. But for the most part the intensity of the rivalry resides with the fans. Maybe if they meet in some games with a lot on the line for both teams that will change, but for now it is what it is.

Then the boys from Hogs Haven attempted to predict how players would respond:

“Just another game,” “divisional games are important” “blah blah”

Normally I’d agree, of course, but I was struck on Sunday by how many Redskins players suggested that they knew Dallas games meant something different to this city. These quotes are from interviews with Comcast SportsNet and the Redskins Radio Network

Rex Grossman: “When you’re talking Redskins-Cowboys, it’s the biggest rivalry in football. So Monday night, the whole thing, we’ll be ready.”

London Fletcher: “[The newcomers will] learn pretty quickly that we hate the Cowboys around here. There’s no love lost at all. After that game you’ll normally see a bunch of people in the training room getting healed up for the next week. It’s gonna be a physical game, a lot of intensity. We definitely don’t like the Cowboys around here.”

Tim Hightower:“I’ve heard a lot about this rivalry. I’ve watched a lot of these games growing up. I know exactly what it means to this city and to this team. So I’m excited. To be on a Monday night, in a nationally televised game, and a chance to go 3-0, I’m looking forward to it.”

Brian Orakpo: “It’s gonna be a huge game. Everybody knows about the Cowboys-Redskins game. It’s gonna be phenomenal. We’re 2-0, I don’t know what their record is right now but it really doesn’t matter, we know it’s gonna be a great game.”

Oshiomogho Atogwe: “I know there’s a HUGE historic rivalry between the Redskins and the Cowboys, And I’m excited to be a part of it, and to come into this game and show these Cowboys what the Redskins are about in 2011.”

Tim Hightower again: “Hey, you dislike every opponent you play, but I definitely know exactly what this rivalry means. Growing up, I don’t think anyone’s ignorant of the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry. It means a lot to this city, it means a lot to this team. It’s a great opportunity for us, and just like I said last week, I expect to win, I expect to win this week. I’m looking forward to going in there with a great group of guys, nationally televised game. I’ve watched the rivalry for so long, it’s good to be a part of it.”

Reaction score
Redskins safety LaRon Landry plans to play Monday vs Cowboys

BySportsDayDFW sports
websports@dallasnews.com | Bio

12:00 PM on Wed., Sep. 21, 2011 | Permalink

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins safety LaRon Landry says he plans on returning from his hamstring injury for Monday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Landry said Wednesday it's time to "untame this beast." He hasn't played in a game since last Nov. 15 when his season ended early because of an Achilles' tendon injury.

The Achilles' tendon healed during training camp, but fifth-year veteran pulled his hamstring warming up before the exhibition game against Indianapolis on Aug. 19.

Says Landry: "The only thing I'm anticipating is me playing on Monday night. Everything else is out of my control. I can't speak for (the coach). I can't rush God. If it ain't ready, it ain't ready."

Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall targeting Tony Romo

ASHBURN, Va. -- Tony Romo has a fractured rib. DeAngelo Hall sees it as a bull's-eye.

The Washington Redskins cornerback said Wednesday he's hoping the Dallas Cowboys quarterback plays when the NFC East rivals meet Monday night -- if only for the chance to inflict more damage.

"Absolutely. I want to get a chance to put my helmet on whatever's hurt," Hall said. "Romo's ribs -- I'm going to be asking for some corner blitzes. If I know Felix Jones' shoulder's hurt, I'm not going to cut him. I'm definitely going to try to hit him up high, so that's just part of it.

"If you know something's wrong with an opponent, you're going to try to target in on that. We're going to try to definitely get as many hits on that team as possible."

Romo suffered a fractured rib and punctured lung at San Francisco on Sunday, but he returned to the game to lead the Cowboys to a 27-24 overtime victory.

However, inflicting pain on the Cowboys quarterback isn't the Washington defense's primary goal, according to Pro Bowl pass rusher Brian Orakpo.

"If somebody gets injured, you want to go after that injury," Orakpo said on a conference call with Valley Ranch media. "But we're going to just play our game. We're going to try to get Romo down when we can.

"We're not going to just target the ribs and forget about trying to get the ball out or forget about trying to get him down and just hit his ribs. Nah, we're going to do the best we can to get him down and get off the field."

The Cowboys had an extra day off Wednesday, but coach Jason Garrett told Redskins reporters on a conference call that he remains hopeful Romo will play against Washington.

"I think he's doing fine," Garrett said. "He got knocked around a little bit on Sunday, but he's getting his rehab and hopefully he'll be ready to play for this ballgame. We'll take it day to day, the next few days."

Garrett gave no specific updates on the Cowboys' other notable injuries. Receiver Miles Austin aggravated a hamstring injury Sunday, starting center Phil Costa reinjured his right knee, receiver Dez Bryant has been out with a bruised thigh, and running back Jones has the ailing shoulder.

Hall was asked if Romo should just go ahead and put a target on the rib that was broken.

"He ain't got to," Hall said. "I already know where it is. We'll be all right. We find it. I'll find it."

Top Bottom