bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay bbgun.... lemme ask you this.... would you rather take Cousins at a 2nd now? Or trust Jerry and boys to find our next QB once Romo dies of back surgery in a year or two?

Well Jerry is sticking with Tony to the bitter end, so the point is moot. If and when we do start over, I think we can do better than Cousins.

Right, if you're a team like the Patriots. The Cowboys don't have the luxury of taking backups in the 2nd round. It's been 20 years since they've had that luxury.

When you have holes all over your roster because you screw up almost every draft you don't take a second tight end in the 2nd round.

I don't consider TEs like Bennett or Fasano "backups" since they see a lot of playing time regardless.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
To me, a pure backup is someone who doesn't play unless the guy in front of him gets hurt (see: Costa).

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All I'm saying is when you have holes across the board, especially on OL and DL, don't take a fucking backup tight end in the second round. Ever.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All I'm saying is when you have holes across the board, especially on OL and DL, don't take a fucking backup tight end in the second round. Ever.

Absolutly! Take a backup QB! He'll get loads of playing time! :frustrate

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay bbgun.... lemme ask you this.... would you rather take Cousins at a 2nd now? Or trust Jerry and boys to find our next QB once Romo dies of back surgery in a year or two?

Hell no. There are plenty of QB's in this draft I'd rather have that Cousins, and several of them we can get after the 2nd round.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What Jon said.

Also.... our QB is 52 years old and has had more back surgeries than Sacamano has had female sexual partners in the past year.

Take the young QB and groom him.

That's a lot of back surgeries.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And yet he would keep Cousins on the bench in case of a Romo injury... At least on this team with our RHG and the joneses...

Reaction score
Yes, he does. And he knows he does. Thats why he came here to be a back up at age 27 or whatever.

Also, he's expensive, as far as a back up goes.

So we could cut him, save cap money, and Cousins could be the back up.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have so many people making millions just riding the bench.

We could sign someone for the vet minimum to do just as good a job as Orton, but the hillbilly would rather pay Orton 3 million a year. I dont know...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, he does. And he knows he does. Thats why he came here to be a back up at age 27 or whatever.

Also, he's expensive, as far as a back up goes.

So we could cut him, save cap money, and Cousins could be the back up.

Orton is a better QB right now than Cousins

Reaction score
Orton is a better QB right now than Cousins

He costs a fuck ton more too.

If Romo goes down, is Orton going to carry us to the promise land?

Is Orton a long term answer at QB?

No and no?

Okay then.

I'll gladly surrender a 2nd rounder for a cheaper option who has potential to grow into a long term answer at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He costs a fuck ton more too.

Because he proved himself and can play.

If Romo goes down, is Orton going to carry us to the promise land?

I don't know, but Romo hasn't either.

Is Orton a long term answer at QB?

Probably not, but that doesn't mean he isn't a quality backup

I'll gladly surrender a 2nd rounder for a cheaper option who has potential to grow into a long term answer at QB.

Yeah ok, but Cousins isn't that guy.

Top Bottom