Reaction score
Dez’ progress?
Dez is really working very good and picking things up quickly. The main thing with Dez is being patient and getting him to stay consistent with route running and proper alignment.

Do you think you have the deepest position on the team?
We have quite a bit of depth, which is a big plus. We got a great group of guys who work well together. With 5 preseason games, everyone should get a great look.

Miles hangover from last year?
Miles is doing a tremendous job. We’re moving him around a lot more and putting him in different spots, because people are going to double team him. They double teamed him last year, and he’s going to get even more of it next year. But he’s doing well.

Have the stakes been raised for everyone in the WR corp with Dez and Miles?
Guys can see what is front of them and know they have to take it to another level. Being with the Cowboys you always have a target on you. It starts in practice and will carry into the season.

We heard from guys on the roster that Titus Ryan is the fastest guy on the roster?
He does have tremendous speed. He’s grasping where to line up and how to make adjustments on his routes. It was really foreign to him at first, and sometimes when a player isn’t familiar with things he doesn’t play as fast as he could because he’s thinking too much. But we’re starting to see him come around.

You’re moving Miles around. Are you keeping Dez in one spot to reduce his learning curve?
We want to keep him in one spot so he can get comfortable with that. As he grows, we can try to move him around. We will try to motion him some, but we won’t do it as much as we would with a guy like Miles or Patrick.

Roy expectations?
I think he’s having his best camp with the Cowboys and he’s in great shape. He’s working hard and cognizant of what he needs to do. I told him last night I see a big difference in his route running compared with last year, and that speaks to how hard he’s worked with Tony to work on his route running in the offseason.

What do you do when you can tell your players are starting to get tired legs in camp to keep them fresh?
You can tell by the collective group when they’re starting to get tired legs. When I notice that we cut the routes in half and just work the last half of the route to save their legs. Sometimes a player will come up to me and say “Coah, my legs are getting tight”. But these guys are in really great shape, we just got to pick our sports.

Todd Archer….

Jason Williams is having trouble picking things up even in a jog through.

I don’t know if Bennett is in danger of losing his job to Phillips simply because he was a former 2nd round pick and Jerry loves him, but eventually the time is going to come when the coaches are going to go up to Bennett and point out that Phillips does all the things that he doesn’t.

Top Bottom