Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
With the Raiders letting go of Hue Jackson, Green Bay assistant Winston Moss will get strong consideration to replace him

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Reggie McKenzie running the show. Wish we would have signed him as GM.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Reggie McKenzie running the show. Wish we would have signed him as GM.

Jason Wanted Winston moss here last year, but he couldnt get out of Green Bay. Jason also wanted ray horton to come here but had already hired ryan and arizona gave him a job....Now he might be a head coaching candidate somewhere or a dc somewhere else.......

same goes for Todd bowles.

Hopefully we get some more talent here because it seems garrett has a knack for finding good coaches. To me that is usually a tell tale sign of a good head coach. Year 1 was not so good so time will tell i guess.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jason Wanted Winston moss here last year, but he couldnt get out of Green Bay. Jason also wanted ray horton to come here but had already hired ryan and arizona gave him a job....Now he might be a head coaching candidate somewhere or a dc somewhere else.......

same goes for Todd bowles.

Hopefully we get some more talent here because it seems garrett has a knack for finding good coaches. To me that is usually a tell tale sign of a good head coach. Year 1 was not so good so time will tell i guess.

Never read anywhere that the Cowboys were interested in Moss. Garrett wanted Horton for the secondary coach position. Cardinals offered Horton DC.

Bowles might still be a possibility for secondary coach if he is replaced as HC with the Dolphins.

C

Cr122

In the end, Hue’s own words did him in
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2012, 3:11 PM EST

Though Raiders coach Hue Jackson could have survived in the job if G.M. Reggie McKenzie had desired to keep him, McKenzie’s chances of keeping Hue took a major blow after Jackson openly talked about assuming more authority over the team.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, public comments from Jackson regarding his desire to exert greater influence rubbed owner Mark Davis and those advising him (e.g., John Madden, Ron Wolf) the wrong way.

“I’m going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization,” Jackson said after the Raiders’ season ended with a disappointing 8-8 record. “There ain’t no way that I’m going to feel like I feel today a year from now, I promise you that. There’s no question. Defensively, offensively and special teams. I ain’t feeling like this no more. This is a joke. . . . Yeah, I’m going to take a hand in everything that goes on here.”

The next day, Jackson made things even worse for himself. “I would hope that as the head coach of this football team I would hope that the organization understands that I have a pretty good idea of where we need to go,” he said as to his possible involvement in the search for a General Manager. “Because if not, then I shouldn’t be where I’m sitting.”

As it turns out, Jackson had plenty of influence on the organization. He said that if the organization didn’t think he should be involved in the search for a G.M., he “shouldn’t be where [he's] sitting.”

And now he isn’t.

Top Bottom