Reaction score
Gravity Has Kicked In and Kicked Hard

Some cold numbers on this icy evening.

20 -- this is Jerry Jones' 20th year of running the show post Jimmy Johnson.
0 -- the number of quality quarterbacks Jerry has drafted in his generation at the helm.
10 -- the number of years the team has endured without a quality safety on the roster. Cross your fingers that J.J. Wilcox's sterling afternoon in Philadelphia wasn't a Ken Hamlin-like mirage.
4 -- the number of draft picks from the first three rounds which Jones traded away from 2009 through 2012 to secure Roy Williams, Dez Bryant and Morris Claiborne (one 1st, one 2nd and two 3rds).

The Worst 11 of the Era?
In the 4th quarter of the Saints blowout, the Cowboys put this lineup on the field:

George Selvie, Drake Nevis, Jarius Wynn, Kyle Wilber, Justin Durant, Bruce Carter, Ernie Sims, Brandon Carr, Barry Church, Jeff Heath, Orlando Scandrick.

How many of those eleven played like capable NFL starters? To my eyes, the corners Carr and Scandrick passed the test. The others looked like the guys you see in the 3rd quarter of the first pre-season game.

Take a hard look at that bunch and compare them to the '89 1-15 defense:

Tony Tolbert, Dean Hamel, Willie Broughton,, Jim Jeffcoat, Jack Del Rio, Eugene Lockhart, Ken Norton, Everson Walls, Robert Williams, Vince Albritton, Ray Horton,

A couple of kids years away from the big time, a few old timers past their prime and a bunch of guys holding down spots.

Was Sunday's crew the worst of the Jerry Jones era? I wonder. It certainly ranks among the worst.

Get to the Source

This is a piece we could re-post every day from now into the future but it's never been more relevant.
-- Monte Kiffin is a symptom;
-- Jason Garrett is a symptom;
-- Bill Callahan is a symptom;
-- Dez Bryant's rants are a symptom;
-- DeMarco Murray's dings are symptom;
-- Tony Romo's bungles are a symptom.
-- Any player over or underused is a symptom of the real malady.

Jerry and Stephen are the disease.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whoa. You know it's bad when Homer Vela posts something like this.

Sort of on that note, reading around the web and hearing people talk, I don't ever remember so many people so despondent and ready to give up on the team as I've heard this week. Not in 2010, not even in the Campo days. Which is kind of surprising considering we are 5-5 and in First Place. :)towel)

In Jerry's drunken ramble about Parcells and the stadium, he mentioned how he had to bring in Bill because everyone was on his ass to do something. I wonder if he's getting the same message this time. Again, probably not because we do still have a chance at least in his mind.

Reaction score
Thats why we need to root for the Giants next week.

That would be epic to lose that game. Close or blowed out. Don't matter.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whoa. You know it's bad when Homer Vela posts something like this.

Sort of on that note, reading around the web and hearing people talk, I don't ever remember so many people so despondent and ready to give up on the team as I've heard this week. Not in 2010, not even in the Campo days. Which is kind of surprising considering we are 5-5 and in First Place. :)towel)

In Jerry's drunken ramble about Parcells and the stadium, he mentioned how he had to bring in Bill because everyone was on his ass to do something. I wonder if he's getting the same message this time. Again, probably not because we do still have a chance at least in his mind.

People are on his ass 3 times as bad now. Even the Zone wants to drag him out of his house and hang him. And you should see the comments on the facebook pages the team runs. He's the most hated man in Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTB also has an article up which outlines Romo's struggles.

Everyone except Pimplaw sees it.

Reaction score
Its easy to write an article like this when you ignore the fact that 8 guys - 6 of whom were projected starters - are out of the lineup.

Lee, Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Ratliff, Wilcox, Mo, Bass, Crawford

Reaction score
Its easy to write an article like this when you ignore the fact that 8 guys - 6 of whom were projected starters - are out of the lineup.

Lee, Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Ratliff, Wilcox, Mo, Bass, Crawford

It's always going to be a part of the game. What's next years excuse ?

Reaction score
No team in the league has the depth to overcome that many injuries, especially to one unit.

Name a team that would be fine if they lost their top 6 DL...

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We still had the same results in week 1 missing only 2 starters. We barely won with 5 turnovers. That's pathetic.

And why do we lose so many defensive players every year? This is the second straight season. What's going on?

With as many injuries as we've had on defense, especially the line, it would have been great to have taken a DT in round 2 instead of a tight end who rides the bench. This is the dumbest fucking team in the league.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We could have gone OL or DL with the Fasano, Bennett, and Escobar picks and they could still be on the team contributing.

We could have done the same thing with the Claiborne pick and the 2nd rounder we gave up for him. Jenkins and Scandrick would have been just as good as Claiborne and Carr. Instead we give up picks and break the bank for those two.

It's clear why this team is in the basement again.

Top Bottom