dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They should be announced officially during this weeks owners meeting. Here is a projection I found at another site. have no idea who did it or how accurate they have been in the past, but this person projects us with three 7th rounders as well. I was thinking we might get one for John Phillips as well, since he signed a multi yr deal and played quite a bit for SD.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/2014-N FL-compensatory-pick-projections.html#oYjQijZ1sfrH hExL.99

3 – Pittsburgh – Mike Wallace

3 – Green Bay – Greg Jennings

4 – San Francisco – Dashon Goldson

4 – Baltimore – Paul Kruger

4 – Detroit – Gosder Cherilus

4 – Baltimore – Dannell Ellerbe

5 – Houston – Connor Barwin

5 – New York Jets – LaRon Landry

5 – Baltimore – Cary Williams

5 – Atlanta – Brent Grimes

5 – Pittsburgh – Keenan Lewis

5 – New York Giants – Martellus Bennett

5 – Baltimore – Ed Reed

5 – Houston – Glover Quin

6 – New York Jets – Mike DeVito

6 – Green Bay – Erik Walden

6 – New York Jets – Dustin Keller

6 – New England – Patrick Chung

6 – Cincinnati – Manny Lawson

6 – St. Louis – Brandon Gibson

6 – New York Jets – Shonn Greene

7 – St. Louis – Bradley Fletcher

7 – Dallas – Mike Jenkins

7 – Cincinnati – Pat Sims

7 – St. Louis – Craig Dahl

7 – St. Louis – Rob Turner

7 – Dallas – Victor Butler

7 – Cincinnati – Bruce Gradkowski

7 – Atlanta – Will Svitek

7 – Atlanta – Christopher Owens

7 – San Diego – Shaun Phillips

7 - Dallas - Kenyon Coleman

Update: Thanks to Miguel@PatsCap.com for pointing out that the new CBA limits the number of compensatory picks to the number of teams in the league (currently 32). As a result Buffalo and Oakland will not receive "net value" picks. In the previous list, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh would also be lost, and have since been omitted. However, this is dependent on how the NFL values the qualifying players, and which of the qualifying players is used when multiple 7th round value players are involved. One of the earlier listed teams could lose their pick instead. Atlanta is most in trouble, as they have three of the final seven picks in this projection.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/2014-N FL-compensatory-pick-projections.html#oYjQijZ1sfrH hExL.99

Mr.Po

Reaction score
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

ORLANDO -- The NFL announced Monday the Cowboys will receive three additional compensatory draft picks in the May draft.

The team has a total of 11 draft picks, including six in the seventh-round.

A total of 32 compensatory draft selections were awarded to 13 teams.

The Cowboys can't trade the compensatory picks, however. The team has a selection in every round but the sixth, and before the compensatory picks were announced, had three picks in the last round.

Under the rules for compensatory draft picks, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

The Cowboys lost linebacker Victor Butler, defensive end Kenyon Coleman, cornerback Mike Jenkins and tight end John Phillips last season in free agency. The team gained linebacker Justin Durant in free agency.

The Cowboys have been awarded 33 compensatory picks picks since 1994, tied for the second-most in the NF with Green Bay.

Baltimore has gained the most compensatory picks with 41.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Six 7 rounders? We will wreak havoc!

How many of them will be guys even draft nerds like myself have never heard of?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Six 7 rounders? We will wreak havoc!

How many of them will be guys even draft nerds like myself have never heard of?

Could be a few, but there's always guys who fall.

Hopefully we can hit on a few of them if we use them all. I saw some post in CZ where a guy said "we are in serious trouble if all six 7th rd picks make the team" (something like that) but I don't really see it that way. The bottom of our roster is filled with street free agents who can easily be replaced. The depth of the team can definitely be improved if they draft wisely with these 11 picks.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Could be a few, but there's always guys who fall.

Hopefully we can hit on a few of them if we use them all. I saw some post in CZ where a guy said "we are in serious trouble if all six 7th rd picks make the team" (something like that) but I don't really see it that way. The bottom of our roster is filled with street free agents who can easily be replaced. The depth of the team can definitely be improved if they draft wisely with these 11 picks.

We just end up signing fewer UDFAs that normal, that's all.

Three or four almost always make the club or the active roster after injuries and whatnot.

Top Bottom