theogt

Reaction score
Just an FYI, apparently something is brewing. He will not be playing tonight.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know if I like it. Guess we'll have to see what the end result is.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
According to DC.com, Gurode not playing tonight is a "business decision."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yessir-E.

Just got off the phone with someone I respect. Gurode will not be a Cowboy this year.

And no, I'm not guessing.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
babe laufenberg wins again. This is why laufenberg is the only real source on this football team, he doesnt speculate he just tells you what he is told.

and after just listening to jerry in the pregame, gurode is no longer a player here.

Without saying it, jerry just said he will be traded or cut tomorrow.

for better or worse garrett is changing every thing about this organization and we are going young. Jerry said it was all garrett!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
babe laufenberg wins again. This is why laufenberg is the only real source on this football team, he doesnt speculate he just tells you what he is told.

and after just listening to jerry in the pregame, gurode is no longer a player here.

for better or worse garrett is changing every thing about this organization and we are going young. Jerry said it was all garrett!

I remember you bringing that up. I am starting to believe what you say about Laufenbuerg.

Didn't I see you post sometihng about Babe saying something negative about Bennett?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just an FYI, apparently something is brewing. He will not be playing tonight.

Yep, just read about it. Sounds like he will be tarded or released if he deosnt take a paycut.

Jones also said it looks like Costa will be ready for week one vs jJets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Absolutely love Garrett and what he is doing. I think we're going to win big with him.

theogt

Reaction score

I don't care if it's Jerry or Garrett, on its face this looks incredibly stupid.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I remember you bringing that up. I am starting to believe what you say about Laufenbuerg.

Didn't I see you post sometihng about Babe saying something negative about Bennett?

he said last week it was important for bennett to play well, not in a roster spot scenario though, I think he meant the team needs him to be better for them to be better.

He nailed costa though, just like he did romo and austin way ahead of time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care if it's Jerry or Garrett, on its face this looks incredibly stupid.

Maybe it means they really like Costa and think that he's better than Gurode today. If thats the case, it isnt a stupid move at all.

They dont need the cap room, so it isnt like they didnt have a choice. They're doing this because they believe someone else is better.

theogt

Reaction score
Maybe it means they really like Costa and think that he's better than Gurode today. If thats the case, it isnt a stupid move at all.

They dont need the cap room, so it isnt like they didnt have a choice. They're doing this because they believe someone else is better.
That scares me even more that they think he's better than Gurode. He isn't. That's not really at question. They may not think he's $5.5 million worse than Gurode, though.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

not really, its nerve racking for us but inside that organization if costa (as babe repeatedly pointed out) is playing well mentally and physically there is no reason to play an old expensive player.

I would say after what we have seen this camp so far bradie james is lucky we have failed to find competent guys to fill his spot.

but gurode is out unless he wants to take a smaller contract and come back after week 1 apparently.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I don't question starting Costa. I question dealing depth away at the position. This is why I think it must be a good deal. Mebbe Gurode for a quality corner.

Top Bottom