Reaction score
The second half play calling was questionable to say the least.

Where did Robinson and Bryant go. Did they even catch a ball the second half?

Reaction score
Playcalling? How about the gears inside Romo's head. They need some oiling.

I realize Tony gift wrapped them 3 ints but still....

The first half was a balanced attack and kept the Lions off guard. Second half plays were more predictable and they were able to get pressure and cover in behind(lions)

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

First and foremost, Romo threw the game away. 3 ints all when leading the game. The first two ints were horrid. The last one was just a QB falling away from pressure looking to make a play to a TE that was behind the defense.

Garrett, though, Jesus. The guy can call 5 good plays in a row, then kill a drive with a WTF call. He went away from what got his team up 24 points. Their DBs couldn't cover Bryant or Robinson. After the first INT, the offensive game plan was shit. Safe passes no more than 10 yards down the field. Running, and it worked some, but like I said, we could have thrown for 500 yards on them and scored 40 if the game plan was kept where it was.

No lead is safe in the NFL. Garrett, for as smart as everyone says he is, hasn't figured that out yet.

Fucking red headed idiot.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Come on. This is not playcalling. Although Garrett, needs to grow a pair, and not let up. This is ALL ON ROMO. EVERY BIT OF IT.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First and foremost, Romo threw the game away. 3 ints all when leading the game. The first two ints were horrid. The last one was just a QB falling away from pressure looking to make a play to a TE that was behind the defense.

Garrett, though, Jesus. The guy can call 5 good plays in a row, then kill a drive with a WTF call. He went away from what got his team up 24 points. Their DBs couldn't cover Bryant or Robinson. After the first INT, the offensive game plan was shit. Safe passes no more than 10 yards down the field. Running, and it worked some, but like I said, we could have thrown for 500 yards on them and scored 40 if the game plan was kept where it was.

No lead is safe in the NFL. Garrett, for as smart as everyone says he is, hasn't figured that out yet.

Fucking red headed idiot.

Couldn't said it any better. And the sad thing is, you would think that fromk being under Jimmy Johnson, he would know this. Belicek could be up on a team 50-0, and he would be going for a 2-point conversion. He demands 60 minutes of play from his players, because he is coaching for 60 minutes.

Sadly... Romo will not learn from this---he didn't learn from the Jets. And Garrett will not learn from this either.

If Rob Ryan was the HC, he wouldn't have put up with this shit from Romo. That's the problem. Nobody is getting into Homo's ass, I mean Romo---pardon the Freudian slip.

Reaction score
Come on. This is not playcalling. Although Garrett, needs to grow a pair, and not let up. This is ALL ON ROMO. EVERY BIT OF IT.
There are tons of things that went into the loss. Playcalling was one of them. Take the FG at the goalline in the first qtr, and who knows how this turns out?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are tons of things that went into the loss. Playcalling was one of them. Take the FG at the goalline in the first qtr, and who knows how this turns out?

Then we lose by one point. WHOOPEE! I have no problem with that call. You need to impose your will on a team.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Then we lose by one point. WHOOPEE! I have no problem with that call. You need to impose your will on a team.

It was a good call then. We were up, it was fairly early in the game, and the D was giving Stafford fits. I don't think Garrett envisioned Romo bringing the Lions back singlehandedly at that point.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure everything would have turned out exactly the same.... like I said in the other thread.

They sure imposed their will on them by ending up a yard short. Real intimidating there.

Reaction score
I liked going for it but you have to pass down there as we cant run in short yardage situations-pretty obvious too

Reaction score
It was a good call then. We were up, it was fairly early in the game, and the D was giving Stafford fits. I don't think Garrett envisioned Romo bringing the Lions back singlehandedly at that point.
It was only 7-0. There was no envisioning a major comeback because there was no envisioning we would be up 27-3. If Garrett had known we would be up 27-3 and STILL went for it there, I would be even more convinced he is a moron.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not much reason to blame the play calling when the QB threw 3 just mind numbingly stupid picks right to opposing defenders

Been a Romo defender for a long time, but this one is really disappointing. He just will never learn. He almost single handely lost this game. Really frustrating.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The play call on the witten td was brilliant, they thought run we gave the a run look and the safeties were confused....romo threw it short, if he gets some air under that we win the game. It's a shame to lose this way but there is a long way to go.

We have a good team and good coaches, being healthy out of the buy is going to be a huge boost.

Sensebaugh getting injured was as big as all the interceptions, the middle of the field opened right up after church came in..

We are going to be ok going forward.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I liked going for it but you have to pass down there as we cant run in short yardage situations-pretty obvious too

If he had called a pass and it didnt work, people would just say he should have run.

The blame the play calling thing gets old. There was nothing wrong with any of the play calling today. The only thing I saw wrong was our franchise QB playing a horrendous second half, and the defense folding like a cheap tent down the stretch.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The play call on the witten td was brilliant, they thought run we gave the a run look and the safeties were confused....romo threw it short, if he gets some air under that we win the game. It's a shame to lose this way but there is a long way to go.

We have a good team and good coaches, being healthy out of the buy is going to be a huge boost.

Sensebaugh getting injured was as big as all the interceptions, the middle of the field opened right up after church came in..

We are going to be ok going forward.

Agreed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It was only 7-0. There was no envisioning a major comeback because there was no envisioning we would be up 27-3. If Garrett had known we would be up 27-3 and STILL went for it there, I would be even more convinced he is a moron.

meh, if you have confidence in your O, and it being that early in the game, I can't fault a coach for going for it in that situation.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
meh, if you have confidence in your O, and it being that early in the game, I can't fault a coach for going for it in that situation.

At home with our defense, I go for it in that situation 10 out of 10 times. We ended up using the field position to go right down and score after the stop.

Reaction score
If he had called a pass and it didnt work, people would just say he should have run.

The blame the play calling thing gets old. There was nothing wrong with any of the play calling today. The only thing I saw wrong was our franchise QB playing a horrendous second half, and the defense folding like a cheap tent down the stretch.

Short yardage runs we not anywhere we need to be at it. The Defense knew what was coming. Play-action was working pretty good.

Those 3 pics made it a "game"(instead of a blowout) and once it became a "game" play calling changed-thats what I mean

Reaction score
I have next to zero confidence in our O to run the ball into the end zone from inside the 5. I'm not saying it was the world's worst call. But the way the game went, it ended up affecting the outcome. Like I originally said, there are a lot of things to blame this on. It's not all on Tony.

Top Bottom