dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rapaport is saying that Jerry is going after AP?!?

I just don't get the thinking. The running game is not broken, the passing game is. Frankly the passing game is only broken because it gets used instead of the crucial times that the running game should.

So we would get AP to sit on the sidelines or go out for passes on 5 wide bc he was in Norvs system and knows the routes.
Is that the reasoning?

Dude, there isn't anything wrong with the passing game. A rookie 4th rd pick just had one of the greatest seasons ever for a rookie QB, then followed that up with probably the best game a rookie has ever played in the playoffs.

FIX THE DEFENSE

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This looks like the crap I'd read at CZ

Yeah but over there at least their crap is free. You need to pay $9.99 per month or something to get that kind of scoopage from the Fish-meister

Reaction score
Dude, there isn't anything wrong with the passing game. A rookie 4th rd pick just had one of the greatest seasons ever for a rookie QB, then followed that up with probably the best game a rookie has ever played in the playoffs.

FIX THE DEFENSE

True. The passing game is fine. But emptying the backfield when you need to run the clock or you have the defense worried about your league leading running back just gashed is what I'm talking about. Garrett at the combine said that Zeke "did some good things and did better at some of the things we asked him to do". Zeke set a record for 100 yard games and led the league in rushing. Did some good things? So, what is Garrett talking about? He's talking about his passing offense.

I'm not talking about Dak at all. But the design of the routes were so predictable that there were games where the Cowboy WR and TEs were running to places on the field already occupied by a defender. The part that needs fixing is that in order to throw the ball in this scheme, the players have to get open fast or Dak will take a beating. After the second Giants loss McNabb said it best "why is Dak standing so long back there. He works best when he checks, checks, checks. Run!"

But while Dak can carry the team playing like McNabb suggests he is instead forced to wait - often without play action, misdirection, a legit blocking RB. So by logic, if half the game is offense, and half the offense was a running game that led the league and Dak was solid, then where was the offense stalling?

Yes fix the defense but the issue really if free agents are being sought for the offense, it makes no sense to spend on another running back.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holy shit I didn't even see JJ Wilbust on the list. What a shitty year for free agents.

JFC if we resign more than one of our free agent secondary guys, I'll be grossly disappointed, like I normally am with what this team has become.

If the Cowboys have to re-sign any of those, I'd take Wilcox.

Top Bottom