junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Will have to do some bargain shopping this year.

The Ware scenario will never happen, I'm sure. Actually none of this will, but it entertains me to do it.

Trade Ware to Jacksonville for a 3 and 4 and a swap of 2s. The Jags have something like $50 million in cap space and an extra 4th from Baltimore. They need to spend to the cap floor and a Ware trade is just salary to them. They can cut him at any time without any cap acceleration and it might bring a little buzz to the franchise.

I'd consider Cleveland, but with Mingo, Sheard and Kruger, I don't think he'd fit. They have a ton of cap space as well and an extra 1, 3 and 4. Jets would be another possibility if the Bucs keep Revis and they get another 3. They've got $21 million in cap space and could use Ware to replace Pace.

1. Max restructure Romo (cap space: -10.7 million)
2. Trade Ware (cap space: -3.7 million)
3. Max restructure Carr (cap space: $1.3 million)
4. Cut Austin (cap space: 1.2 million - I eat this so I don't have a cap hit next year)
5. Max Restructure Lee (cap space: 5 million)
6. Max Restructure Witten (cap space: 8 million)
7. Max Restructure Scandrick (cap space: 11 million)
8. Cut Costa (cap space: 12 million)
9. Cut Durant (cap space: 12.8 million)

That'd give you $18 million in cap space for next year without any extensions or restructures. Gives you room to work this year and helps you get cap healthier next year.

Free Agents: Mike Neal (DT/DE) - GB, Kenny Britt (WR) - Tennessee

Draft:
Move back with SF for a 3 again. You'd be picking at the end of 1 and then again early in 2.

1. Trent Murphy - DE - Stanford
2. Calvin Pryor - FS - Louisville
3. Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - Texas
3. Kelcy Quarles - DT - South Carolina
3. Zach Mettenberger - QB - LSU
4. Jordan Zumwalt - LB - UCLA
4. Bryan Stork - C/G - Florida State
5. Vinnie Sunseri - S - Alabama
7. Ryan Groy - G - Wisconsin
7. Tim Flanders - RB - Sam Houston State
7. Brad Daly - LB - Montana State

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good work. Put a lot of effort in.

Just my opinion. But I think Pryor will be gone before our 1st round pick

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Probably. I was roughly going of nfl draft scout which aren't very accurate right now IMO

Reaction score
I hate the idea of restructuring Carr, and I don't think it would be a necessity in this scenario.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Probably. I was roughly going of nfl draft scout which aren't very accurate right now IMO

All draft sites are all over the place right now, it's still very early considering the draft isn't until May now.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Very solid. Like all of your draft picks except that goober with your last pick.

If we free up $18M in cap space I want Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward plus Jon Asamoa (also cut Bernadeau)

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Also, you've mentioned Britt a few times. You think Garrett takes him with his issues?

Reaction score
I don't think it's knee jerk to want the ware scenario to go down. It's about time, and you can't lose dez or Tyron over it . Not to mention the whole you're paying a lot of money for not a lot of production

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Also, you've mentioned Britt a few times. You think Garrett takes him with his issues?

Ha. No.

In no way do I think Dallas would ever do what I post in these little scenarios.

I'll try to post one this weekend on what I think they'll do

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dallas needs an inside WR. Not an outside guy. Dez and Williams on the outside. Got white boy inside but could use a burner

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Dallas needs an inside WR. Not an outside guy. Dez and Williams on the outside. Got white boy inside but could use a burner

I'd consider Britt outside depth only. If they cut Miles, they don't have a lot there.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
What I think Dallas might do.

1. Max restructure Romo (cap space: -11.8 million)
2. Max restructure Ware (cap space: -3.2 million)
3. Max restructure Carr (cap space: $1.8 million)
4. Max restructure Witten (cap space: $4.8 million)
5. Max restructure Lee (cap space: $8.6 million)
6. Max restructure Scandrick (cap space: $11.7 million)
7. Cut Austin - June 1st (cap space: 16.7 million available after June 1)
8. Max restructure Bernadeau (17.7 million in cap space)
9. Cut Durant (18.4 million)

Re-sign Spencer post June 1st for a 1 year, 4.5 million deal. Re-sign Hatcher to a 4 year, $25 million deal ($10 million SB)

That eats about $8 million of your cap space. Rookies will be another $1.5 million. Leaves about $9 million in space.

Extend Dez - Something just under Calvin's deal - 7 years/$110 million - $16.5 million SB - first year hit of ~$5 million

They'll be over the cap again in 2015 with Tyron, Carter and Murray as free agents. Tyron has an option year that'll probably be like 9-10 million.

Free Agents: Brian Waters,

With the return of Spencer, Hatcher, Bass and Crawford, Kiffin once again can't find room in the meeting room.

Draft:
Trade down with SF again for a third using Jerry's new trade value chart

1. Kelcy Quarles - DT - SC - The last of the Mohicans
2. Davante Adams - WR - Fresno State
3. Pierre Desir - CB - Lindenwood
3. Charles Sims - RB - West Virginia
4. Jimmy Garoppollo - QB - Eastern Illinois
5. Marcel Jenson - TE - Fresno State
7. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
7. Gator Hoskins - FB - Marshall
7. Derrell Johnson - OLB - East Carolina

Reaction score
Realistic plan, which sucks. I could see the team doing all of that because of this misguided idea that were ready for a run instead of the reality that our qb is done for and we need to reset the cap.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If we re-sign one-knee Spencer, I lose it. I might stomp numerous kittens if we pay Hatcher's old ass.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
If we re-sign one-knee Spencer, I lose it. I might stomp numerous kittens if we pay Hatcher's old ass.

You know we'll probably bring one back if the price is right. You know we'll draft a CB or TE that we don't need.

Top Bottom