bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

By Mac Engel
December 02, 2019 06:00 AM

Don’t waste your time believing any report that says Jason Garrett is going to be fired, or that his boss has a list of potential candidates to replace his Chosen Son.

None of my brothers and sisters in the media know, and neither does The Almighty himself, Adam Schefter. At present, the only one who knows is Jerry Jones. And he believes.

At present, Jerry Jones believes the Six’n’Six Dallas Cowboys will thrive, and will succeed.

That’s how successful people operate. It’s going always going to work until the moment it does not. There is no working Plan B.

There is both time and opportunity remaining for Jerry’s greatest project, Jason Garrett, to become his own Tom Landry.

The Philadelphia Eagles are doing everything in their power to make this happen. Their loss on Sunday to the Miami Dolphins did nothing but to dump an entire oil reserve on Jerry’s match of hope.

The Cowboys are 6-6 and on track to host a playoff game. The NFC East is an affront to lovers of good football.

While everyone’s righteous anger and frustration at Jerry and Jason Garrett is valid, where is the indignant outrage at the ones who play the game on the field?

How are the players skating on this 6-6 mess? How are the only ones deemed accountable the head coach and the GM?

Only with the Dallas Cowboys are the players somehow victims in this barf bucket of mediocrity.

You are sick, disgusted and bored with Jason Garrett and his “tremendous coaching staff,” but know both he and every one of his assistants are as happy with their players as you are with this team.

They can’t say it publicly, but they are not too happy with this group right now. No one should be happy.

As much as Garrett is responsible as the head coach, it does not remove the players’ own accountability for six’n’six.

They are not as good as the Seattle Seahawks or New Orleans Saints, but they are better than this. Maybe not by a lot, but there is no good reason why a team with a completely healthy offense is 6-6.

Six-and-six in the first week of December is not entirely on the head coach.

Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper, MIchael Gallup, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch should be better than .500 this far into a season.

Six-and-six is a reflection on them just as much as it Jason Garrett. They have to realize that when they look in the mirror the reflection isn’t a clapping red head in a headset.

They have to know when they look in the mirror, the reflection is 6-6.

It’s on them to be better than that.

Thursday night in Chicago, when the Cowboys play the Bears, we will know whether the players have finally checked out on their coach.

To date, no matter the record, Garrett has never lost his players They have always played for him.

That asset, more than any, has kept him employed as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys for what feels like the last four decades.

It’s on them to do their job. To be a pro.

To win Thursday night, and all of their four remaining games.

Jerry may yet do the impossible and finally dump Jason Garrett, but as of right now, that is not the plan.

Successful people don’t plan to fail; to prepare to dump the head coach right now is a preparation for failure.

Don’t believe anything that says Jerry has done — anything other than plan to win, and to go on a run.

Garrett’s history says that’s not going to happen, but nothing happens for the first time until it does. That’s how Jerry sees it.

For some reason known only to God, the Cowboys have it laid out for them to achieve everything they want despite their average record.

It’s not just on the coach to take advantage of it, but the players, too.

Don’t let the players skate; they as responsible as their coach for six’n’six.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The players deserve some blame, but this team has too much talent to be 6-6, especially when they've been favored in 11 of 12 games.

Its the coaching.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The players deserve some blame, but this team has too much talent to be 6-6, especially when they've been favored in 11 of 12 games.

Its the coaching.

Good Afternoon dbair,

I totally agree with your assessment regarding the above article.

Here are my beefs with the article:

1. "There is both time and opportunity remaining for Jerry’s greatest project, Jason Garrett, to become his own Tom Landry."
Garrett is not in the same stratosphere as Tom Landry. Landry's First 10 years--2 NFC championship game appearances. Garrett in 9 plus years? 0 NFC Championships--while coaches like Tomlin, Belichick, Payton, Harbaugh, Carroll, Pederson all had major accomplishments within 10 years of coaching their present teams.

2. "As much as Garrett is responsible as the head coach, it does not remove the players’ own accountability for six’n’six."
If the HC, GM, Front Office and Owner are not accountable, how can the players be accountable?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I like Mac Engel for the most part. He's not wrong about the player's being responsible as well, but Garrett is the coach, the boss, the big cheese. Garrett is outcoached most of the time, that's not on the players.
Austin taking a fair catch in the Vikes game is on the ST coach, and his boss. The late FG against the Pats is on Garrett. I'm tired of typing, you get it.
Garrett is the head coach of an NFL team. He's fucking responsible.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like Mac Engel for the most part. He's not wrong about the player's being responsible as well, but Garrett is the coach, the boss, the big cheese. Garrett is outcoached most of the time, that's not on the players.
Austin taking a fair catch in the Vikes game is on the ST coach, and his boss. The late FG against the Pats is on Garrett. I'm tired of typing, you get it.
Garrett is the head coach of an NFL team. He's fucking responsible.

Can't forget his icing his own kicker vs the Cardinals years ago. I wanted to stretch my arms through the TV and choke him.

Top Bottom