lons

UDFA
Reaction score
So, no way Romo is in top 10, I think NFLN has actually come out and said he is not.

So I went and compiled the QB's that are listed and came up with this.

11 Drew Brees (96.3 QBR) No Playoffs - 44 TD / 19 INT 5,182 Yards (P&R) 1 lost fumble Team 8/8

15 RG III (102.4 QBR) Playoffs 27 TD / 5 INT 4,015 Yards (P&R) 2 lost fumbles Team 10/6

17 Matt Ryan (99.1 QBR) Playoffs 33 TD / 14 INT 4,860 Yards (P&R) 2 lost fumbles Team 13/3

19 Joe Flacco (87.7 QBR) Won Super Bowl 25 TD / 10 INT 3,839 Yards (P&R) 4 lost fumbles Team 10/6

23 Andrew Luck (76.5 QBR) Playoffs 28 TD / 18 INT 4,629 Yards (P&R) 5 lost fumbles Team 11/5

43 Eli Manning (87.2 QBR) No Playoffs 26 TD / 15 INT 3,978 Yards (P&R) 1 lost fumble Team 9/7

46 Cam Newton (86.2 QBR) No Playoffs 27 TD / 12 INT 4,610 Yards (P&R) 3 lost fumbles Team 6/10

51 Russell Wilson (100.0 QBR) Playoffs 30 TD / 10 INT 3,607 Yards (P&R) 3 lost fumbles Team 11/5

61 Ben Roethlisberger (97.0 QBR) No Playoffs 26 TD / 8 INT 3,357 Yards (P&R) 3 lost fumbles Team 8/8

76 Matthew Stafford (79.8 QBR) No Playoffs 24 TD / 17 INT 5,093 Yards (P&R) 4 lost fumbles Team 4/12

81 Colin Kaepernick (98.3 QBR) Playoffs 15 TD / 3 INT 2,229 Yards (P&R) 2 lost fumbles Team 11/4/1

Not on List

Romo (90.5 QBR) No Playoffs - 29 TD / 19 INT 4,952 Yards (P&R) 3 lost fumbles Team 8/8

Romo - Better QBR than 5 of the ones listed
Romo - More yards than 9 of the ones listed
Romo - More TD than 8 of the ones listed
Romo - More INT than all but 1 of the ones listed
Romo - Less Fumbles lost than 3 of the ones listed

Cowboys as Team Won more games than 2 of the ones listed
Cowboys as Team Tied the same amount of games as 2 of the ones listed

Of the players listed with worse QBR; Romo had an average of 7.02 better of a QBR
Of the players listed with worse Yards; Romo had an average of 1,049.33 Yards more
Of the players listed with worse TD's; Romo had an average of 4.25 more TD's
Of the players listed with better INT's; Romo had an average of 9 more INT's
Of the players listed with worse Fumbles lost; Romo had an average of 1.33 less Fumbles lost

And this man shouldn't have been on the list?

Last edited:

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Wasn't Romo voted most overrated in a SI poll a few years back? The dude just doesn't get a lot of respect around the league, and he won't until be starts winning in January.

He should have been on the list and the fact the RG3 is at 15 is fucking moronic.

Reaction score
That list is garbage. I could care less where they rank guys.

I haven't watched a single episode. And now that I think about it, I don't even remember the last time I tuned in to NFL Network.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I haven't watched a single episode. And now that I think about it, I don't even remember the last time I tuned in to NFL Network.
That network does truly suck. Sad considering it could be really good. Only thing I ever watch on there are old game replays, which they should have more of.

Reaction score
It's not voted by on stats. It's voted on by the actual players in the league if I understand it correctly.

Reaction score
It's dumb that he isn't included, but who really cares. If he wins this year, he'll be in the top 10 next year.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That network does truly suck. Sad considering it could be really good. Only thing I ever watch on there are old game replays, which they should have more of.

What....the fifty billion inane top ten shows and football follies from the seventies don't do it for you?

BTW...the NFL Network chairman is Jerry Jones. That explains everything.

Reaction score
What....the fifty billion inane top ten shows and football follies from the seventies don't do it for you?

BTW...the NFL Network chairman is Jerry Jones. That explains everything.

I didn't know that. I will never watch it again.

Reaction score

In its infancy stages, it was the go to channel on my television. Sort of like ESPN in the early to mid 1990s. Didn't matter that I'd watched that SportsCenter three times already that morning, it kept that channel on. Same with the early NFL Total Accesses.

Its a shame too. I like Rich Eisen and Solomon Wilcots. But they just keep adding every retired known name. Deion is obnoxious. I love Irvin for what he did for us, but he's kind of obnoxious. Sapp needs to die. Faulk needs to die harder. Is Heath Evans - some obscure fullback from the Saints still on?

The final straw for me was when they hired McNabb last September. There isn't an NFL personality that I have more disdain for than that guy.

The worst part about it is... McNabb is also on our early evening sports talk radio with Mark Malone. And he's terrible at that too.

I don't know who ever told McNabb he was funny, but the guy doesn't have a funny bone in his body, no matter how hard he tries. He's like the black version of Dbair. Oh, and when McNabb talks, he sounds like he's just taken a shot of novacain or something.

I could rant on McNabb for hours. I hate hate hate hate hate him.

Reaction score
I still don't get why people get upset when Romo is not viewed in a better light nationally. I could give two shits. I love the guy, he's my QB, but I get the criticism. Point out all the stats you want, but the 1-6 record in win or go home games trumps any yardage or TD total he has.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Romo is blamed for everything by our own fans so of course outsiders thinks Romo is the reason we lose.

Reaction score
I still don't get why people get upset when Romo is not viewed in a better light nationally. I could give two shits. I love the guy, he's my QB, but I get the criticism. Point out all the stats you want, but the 1-6 record in win or go home games trumps any yardage or TD total he has.

That's a pretty dumb stat. there were several win or Go home games last year and he was brilliant in all of them in crunch time

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
It's not voted by on stats. It's voted on by the actual players in the league if I understand it correctly.

Except, no one you ask, ever voted... If it is truly voted on by players... Then why does none of them know they could vote? It's like the Pro Bowl II and a popularity contest apparently. Cam Newton should not have been anywhere near this list.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's a pretty dumb stat. there were several win or Go home games last year and he was brilliant in all of them in crunch time

But in THE win or go home games...he did his usual, more than once. It's one thing to get the Bengals, Steelers games but when it is absolutely positively our last chance, he hasn't done it.

The higher the pressure, the worse he plays. Parcells used to talk about yips...that's Tony Romo when the stakes are at their pinnacle.

I am numb to it anymore. I just know what the guy is and I hope he breaks out one day. But I am not going to excuse what is plainly factual.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
But in THE win or go home games...he did his usual, more than once. It's one thing to get the Bengals, Steelers games but when it is absolutely positively our last chance, he hasn't done it.

The higher the pressure, the worse he plays. Parcells used to talk about yips...that's Tony Romo when the stakes are at their pinnacle.

I am numb to it anymore. I just know what the guy is and I hope he breaks out one day. But I am not going to excuse what is plainly factual.

Except that he has a 104 QBR rating lifetime in December. Move along idiot.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Except that he has a 104 QBR rating lifetime in December. Move along idiot.

:lol

Man, you are another one of the mouth-breathing losers that aren't satisfied with the fact that...right now...he is what he is.

Real simple...for you slowly...I can get finger paints out if it makes it easier.

Win or go home games. Literally. Those.

Not the "big games" that are so malleable. Not the "Oh shit, he better beat the Bengals in week 13" games.

The literal, you lose, you fricking go home.

He's won...well...once.

Count 'em up, Corky.

He's on the losing end.

Top Bottom