bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
sick and tired of the London games... do away with it.

Don't see Manchester United playing a game in New York City to increase interest in soccer

Reaction score
If anything the London games and Thursday games have likely driven potential fans away.

Other than the Dallas game, I haven't watched a single one this year because the matchups are so awful. Football will never overtake or even come close to matching soccer in Europe. Plus, the time zone thing works against any way to follow teams if you live on that side of the pond.

Reaction score
If anything the London games and Thursday games have likely driven potential fans away.

Other than the Dallas game, I haven't watched a single one this year because the matchups are so awful. Football will never overtake or even come close to matching soccer in Europe. Plus, the time zone thing works against any way to follow teams if you live on that side of the pond.
They may have driven fans away, but they've also brought new fans in.

The NFL isn't putting these games on at 8:30 in the morning in the States so they get good ratings in the States.

I don't see why anyone gives a shit where the Jaguars play the Titans, or where the Bengals play the Redskins, unless you're a fan of the teams. We all know we're not watching those awful matchups if they're on at noon anyway. Maybe giving them their own time slot with the (minimal) intrigue of playing in London puts a few more eyes on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you're in London and fall in love with the jags (lol), then I'm sure it would be easy to follow them since they never get feature games. You can forget watching any Thursday night, Sunday night or Monday night game unless you plan on being awake from 2-5am. The Sunday night game is sometimes the only good matchup of an entire week, so I just don't see how much this thing can grow.

Hell, even the super bowl starts at like 11pm there. The whole London experiment seems like a waste of time.

Reaction score
I'm not going to try to explain how fans become fans, and what they do after they're fans. It seems like it wouldn't take for me either.

Then again, I can't get into an EPL team, no matter how many games I watch. Despite my personal opinions, I know there are people in the US who religiously follow EPL teams. So it happens.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not going to try to explain how fans become fans,

I thought for most people it was what you grew up watching and playing. Which explains why I couldnt give two shits about soccer, and yes my high school had a soccer team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The jet lag would be a major problem for a permanent team. I follow golf, and I can remember many Euro golfers who tried to fly back and forth and play on both tours but eventually had to admit it wore them out. The younger guys always think they're different and can handle it, but they eventually have to give in, too.

I guess they'd try to let the London team fly over here and play a few weeks in a row, but how would the logistics of that work with the equipment, practice facilities, and other things an NFL team needs?

They just need to give it up. I'm sure they won't, though.

Reaction score
The jet lag would be a major problem for a permanent team. I follow golf, and I can remember many Euro golfers who tried to fly back and forth and play on both tours but eventually had to admit it wore them out. The younger guys always think they're different and can handle it, but they eventually have to give in, too.

I guess they'd try to let the London team fly over here and play a few weeks in a row, but how would the logistics of that work with the equipment, practice facilities, and other things an NFL team needs?

They just need to give it up. I'm sure they won't, though.

Exactly. A London team would have to travel around like hobos for a month at a time and use other team's facilities I suppose. It's like making an entire organization follow Jim Tomsula's life plan.

Reaction score
I thought for most people it was what you grew up watching and playing. Which explains why I couldnt give two shits about soccer, and yes my high school had a soccer team.
If you only became a fan of what you played growing up, I would be a fan of NASCAR... that and torturing animals.

Top Bottom