Reaction score
We all know that the NFL playoff brackets are populated by seeding. Within each conference and within each round, the highest-seeded team plays the lowest-seeded team, and the two-teams seeded in the middle play each other.

So during the Wild Card round in the NFC, Dallas as the highest-seeded team in the NFC Wild Card round played the lowest-seeded Detroit Lions. The two middle-seeded teams (Carolina and Arizona) played each other.

Here's a question -- What if the NFL changed the rules, such that the highest-seeded team in the round got to / had to pick their opponent instead of being automatically assigned to play the lowest-seed? Let's say that immediately after it was determined that Dallas was the highest-seeded team in the NFC Wild Card round, Dallas was required to declare which of the three remaining teams it wished to play in the Wild Card round.

I think it could be interesting. What say you?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If you show me a piece of paper saying the government shouldn't do this, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote; I'll vote. But this automatic tipping bullshit is for the birds.

Top Bottom