C

Cr122

One thing I have learned. The players have a different take on Wade than all of us fans. From my observations, they have bought into his program. As for him not making players accountable, I hear that alot and not sure what that means. I mean nobody really cites any examples to this claim. As for Johnson being a great motivator, alot it did him in Miami.

Well, yeah they do because he's camp cupcake. Who wouldn't love a coach who wasn't hard on them?

Parcells for years was hard on players you don't hear them saying that they hate him for it. Listen to Phil Simms sometime and you will hear him mention the way Parcells did things sometimes, but his method was successful, and he didn't hate him for it. Parcells didn't care if the player was mad at him, he would just make them work harder for it.

sbk92

Reaction score
Whether it's easy on them or not, they've been more successful than under Parcells. Awinning season in each of Wade's years here, two division titles, and finally a playoff win. If the players accomplished all of this for buying into Wade's program because it's "easy on them", then I say bring more of it.

I don't know how many times I have to say it.

Wow. More success huh? So you mean this team as they entered their prime did better than when they were 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players? They're doing better now with an experienced starter in Romo rather than a back up on the bench or an 11 game green starter in Parcells' last year?

Well that proves something.

......if you don't have a f'n clue what you're talking about.

sbk92

Reaction score
Well, yeah they do because he's camp cupcake. Who wouldn't love a coach who wasn't hard on them?

Parcells for years was hard on players you don't hear them saying that they hate him for it. Listen to Phil Simms sometime and you will hear him mention the way Parcells did things sometimes, but his method was successful, and he didn't hate him for it. Parcells didn't care if the player was mad at him, he would just make them work harder for it.

Which is why if I was the coach, Dez Bryant would carry Roy's pads every day in practice for the entire year. I'd have media there to film it.

C

Cr122

Which is why if I was the coach, Dez Bryant would carry Roy's pads every day in practice for the entire year. I'd have media there to film it.

That shit is over with he bought them shoes. lol

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've been ready for change for a long while now. I don't care for Wade's approach one bit. This team has been dumber than F for a long time now, they need someone to hold them accountable for their mental lapses.

Poor O-line and mental mistakes is going to prove too much for this team to handle in 2010. I hope to God that I am wrong and I hope they can overcome those things and win a SB this year. I'll be tickled to death to say I'm a F'n idiot and I was wrong if they do, and I'll be rooting for that to play out.

I think this team has enough talent to stay in the top half of the league for the next 3-years or so, but I'm not just content with a team like the 90s Bills, I want my team to win a championship in the very near future.

C

Cr122

I've been ready for change for a long while now. I don't care for Wade's approach one bit. This team has been dumber than F for a long time now, they need someone to hold them accountable for their mental lapses.

Poor O-line and mental mistakes is going to prove too much for this team to handle in 2010. I hope to God that I am wrong and I hope they can overcome those things and win a SB this year. I'll be tickled to death to say I'm a F'n idiot and I was wrong if they do, and I'll be rooting for that to play out.

I think this team has enough talent to stay in the top half of the league for the next 3-years or so, but I'm not just content with a team like the 90s Bills, I want my team to win a championship in the very near future.

Yeah, it's one thing to get there, but if you get there and don't win, that sucks and unfortunately only one team wins.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The longer season is coming sooner than later, that is for sure. I see this 18 game season cutting short the careers of many players. Look for players to get no more than roughly 6 to 7 years in the league. One thing is for sure, records like Emmitt's rushing one will stand a better test of time with them going to a 18 game schedule. Why? Injuries. The players stand much more of a chance to get injured in a 18 game season, than a 16 game one.

C

Cr122

The longer season is coming sooner than later, that is for sure. I see this 18 game season cutting short the careers of many players. Look for players to get no more than roughly 6 to 7 years in the league. One thing is for sure, records like Emmitt's rushing one will stand a better test of time with them going to a 18 game schedule. Why? Injuries. The players stand much more of a chance to get injured in a 18 game season, than a 16 game one.

I think it gives the running backs a better chance of beating his record. I agree the injuries will increase, but I think it helps the RBs more because they have two extra games to beat it.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think it gives the running backs a better chance of beating his record. I agree the injuries will increase, but I think it helps the RBs more because they have two extra games to beat it.

I think we will see more single season records being broke, but will see a decrease in overall long term(rushing title, total td's, etc) records being broke. Again, because of injury...AP is a perfect example....LT was suppossed to be the next Emmitt, but that ain't happening. I can see more 2000 single season rushing seasons, just not 18,000 rushing yards overall by a single back....

C

Cr122

I think we will see more single season records being broke, but will see a decrease in overall long term(rushing title, total td's, etc) records being broke. Again, because of injury...AP is a perfect example....LT was suppossed to be the next Emmitt, but that ain't happening. I can see more 2000 single season rushing seasons, just not 18,000 rushing yards overall by a single back....

I think Chris Johnson has a very good chance if he stays healthy.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

With all the injuries we've incurred, I'd hardly call it Camp Cupcake. Funny as to how the Cowboys went 13-3, and nobody complained about Camp Cupcake at the time, except until after the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. Camp Cupcake was the reason they lost to the Giants in the playoffs, but not the reason they won 13 games. Interesting.

Ok. And...? Wrod was that neither Dungy nor Walsh was hard on their players and they were also successful. And wasn't it mentioned that Phil Simms didn't want his son Chris Simms to be coached by Parcells?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I have to say it.

Wow. More success huh? So you mean this team as they entered their prime did better than when they were 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players? They're doing better now with an experienced starter in Romo rather than a back up on the bench or an 11 game green starter in Parcells' last year?

Well that proves something.

......if you don't have a f'n clue what you're talking about.

Parcells had a veteran lineup with Bledsoe and a host of others. Parcells brought in a slew of his own players and that didn't help much. Wade brought in his players and they were much more effective. As for players reaching their prime, does that include Carpenter?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

And that's why you are not a coach because you are stupid. No other coach would dare get involved in such trivial matter of a player being hazed unless there was potential for injury.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Yeah bcause they didn't have these mental lapses under Parcells. Yeah right.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Maybe not. I think you will definitely see more RBs by committee because of it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah bcause they didn't have these mental lapses under Parcells. Yeah right.

As I re-read my post, I don't read anywhere in there where I said that they weren't just as F'ing stupid under Bill Parcells. The difference is, Bill Parcells wouldn't hold back in telling them that. Wade on the other hand will focus on the positive and "Aw Shucks" the negative away.

F him and his soft approach. His Daddy raised a pussy.

C

Cr122

As I re-read my post, I don't read anywhere in there where I said that they weren't just as F'ing stupid under Bill Parcells. The difference is, Bill Parcells wouldn't hold back in telling them that. Wade on the other hand will focus on the positive and "Aw Shucks" the negative away.

F him and his soft approach. His Daddy raised a pussy.

lol

Top Bottom