Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont like this idea

they are going to encourage players and coaches to learn and to teach flopping

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
It’s a toss up on this one.

Just looking at the Saints/Ram game, I say yes to this! We even had some 3rd and longs that would have been converted but the refs were not paying attention. However, I see how a rule like this can be frustrating and annoying. At any rate, the refs are going to see what they want to see no matter what.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
saints/rams is a case of training qualified refs for your games.

this is gonna put a microscope over jump balls. its gonna be free yards and its gonna be stupid.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
Lol, that’s a cute idea. NFL Refs actually doing their job. Look at the Roughing the Passer Rule. All that training supposedly and completely botched.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
saints/rams is a case of training qualified refs for your games.

this is gonna put a microscope over jump balls. its gonna be free yards and its gonna be stupid.

They were trained fine, they did exactly what the league office wanted them to do in that situation. Help the team they desperately need to be relevant.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They haven't changed the amount of challenges, so teams will have to figure out when and where to fight their battles. It'll be like any other change of a similar nature; they'll take the majority of this next season figuring it out, and once they do it'll be just another part of the challenge process. Nothing to look at here.

Top Bottom