dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And some fucktard at CZ started a thread "Eagles fleece Dolphins"

Miami will acquire the players from the Eagles plus compensatory draft picks. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins will drop down to the Eagles' 13th pick in April's NFL draft. The Eagles will move up to the Dolphins' No. 8 pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Green is gone. I wonder of Colts TE Dwayne Allen might be somebody we'd look at.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Former Chargers TE Ladarius Green is expected to sign with
the Pittsburgh Steelers, per source.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda interesting. of the top-6 teams in terms of free agent spending over the past 10 years, only one (Philly) has a winning record.

The other 5: Dolphins, Jags, Redskins, Bucs & Browns. All of them spent at least 500 million in free agency and of these 5, the highest win % was the Dolphins .419. Browns had the lowest at .319

NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) | Twitter

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It could. Although they have Bradford and Daniels now signed to multi year deals.

The way Philly plays they might be more interested in one of the DT's like Buckner. Or hoping that Bosa falls. I think they'll go defense with their first pick now that they signed their QB's.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Miami will acquire the players from the Eagles plus compensatory draft picks. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins will drop down to the Eagles' 13th pick in April's NFL draft. The Eagles will move up to the Dolphins' No. 8 pick.

Whats up with the compensatory picks? Thought those weren't tradable?

Eagles getting rid of those players and moving up to the #8 pick sounds like a fleece to me, I don't understand how Miami is valuing these players

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Eagles getting rid of those players and moving up to the #8 pick sounds like a fleece to me, I don't understand how they're valuing these players

They changed the rule on compensatory picks this year. They can be traded now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Eagles getting rid of those players and moving up to the #8 pick sounds like a fleece to me, I don't understand how Miami is valuing these players

They mean Philly is giving them picks back as compensation.

Essentially it sounds like a normal trade up deal, with these two trash players being included as throw ins

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They changed the rule on compensatory picks this year. They can be traded now.

Yeah I think they initially said that, but then pulled it back and said 2017.

Unless it changed again.

That said, the true compensatory picks haven't even been awarded yet for 2016.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I think they initially said that, but then pulled it back and said 2017.

Unless it changed again.

That said, the true compensatory picks haven't even been awarded yet for 2016.

I didn't realize they had changed it. I thought it was still in effect for this year. That's good news then because that means the Cowboys HAVE to use those picks and not trade them.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
3/9/16, 1:26 PM
For the #Bucs and RB Doug Martin, it's a 5-year deal worth $35.75M, source said.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They mean Philly is giving them picks back as compensation.

Essentially it sounds like a normal trade up deal, with these two trash players being included as throw ins

ah, that makes more since, thought you meant compensatory picks

as reported so far, this deal makes no sense to me from Miami's perspective, I don't understand why they'd take on the two iffy players, their contracts and give up a better 1st round pick

maybe it will make sense when the full terms of the trade come out

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So it appears the market for Lamar Miller would be between $6-$7 mil a year. The Cowboys have basically already said that is out of their price range. So unless Miller just REALLY wants to play in Dallas and is willing to take less money he's going to sign with the Texans.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ridiculous money for Vernon. Was hoping we were going to pursue him, but 19 mils a yr is off the reservation.

4 yrs 75 mil per Jay Glazer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So it appears the market for Lamar Miller would be between $6-$7 mil a year. The Cowboys have basically already said that is out of their price range. So unless Miller just REALLY wants to play in Dallas and is willing to take less money he's going to sign with the Texans.

He could probably take a little bit of a lesson from Demarco Murray. Cant fault either for taking the money, but Murray should have stayed for what we offered. He had an awful yr in Philly and while he may end up ok in TN, he had it made in Dallas running in this system behind this OL.

Miller is not going to have the kind of success with the Texans that he would have here.

Endorsement opps are also far greater if you are a successful player in Dallas.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just laughing as people get suckered by all of these "Dallas is interested in" tweets.

We ain't doing shit. By design.

Top Bottom