Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
that ireland-peterson thing at the top is no good.

If an owner cant even overpay someone to come there you have problems.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
that ireland-peterson thing at the top is no good.

If an owner cant even overpay someone to come there you have problems.

doesnt even look like anyone of any real note is even interested there...and it kinda looks like Fisher played them to get more money and control out of St Louis to me

C

Cr122

[h=2]PFT: Falcons hire Mike Nolan as defensive coordinator[/h]
Falcons hire Mike Nolan as defensive coordinator
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 17, 2012, 3:17 PM EST

The Atlanta Falcons have their new defensive coordinator.

Mike Nolan was hired by the Falcons today, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports.

Nolan spent the last two years as the Dolphins’ defensive coordinator, and one year before that as the Broncos’ defensive coordinator. Prior to that he spent four years as the head coach of the 49ers.

Falcons head coach Mike Smith was on the same coaching staff as Nolan with the Ravens in 2001 and 2002.

Brian VanGorder, who was the Falcons’ defensive coordinator last year, left to become the defensive coordinator at Auburn.​

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
albert bree is saying Mike Zimmer is the leader in Miami. I guess because of the relationship with jeff ireland.

that just seems like something no one will care about and they will have a half empty stadium next year again with a bad record.

lol at Breer

Zimmer is no longer a candidate.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Bengals got a break now that Mike Zimmer is no longer a Miami candidate. They just have to hope Tampa Bay doesn't go for him

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
In addition to Broncos OC Mike McCoy, Miami asst. Todd Bowles and Packers OC Joe Philbin being brought in for 2nd interviews w/ Stephen Ross

C

Cr122

Mornhinweg on the Raiders’ radar
Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2012, 6:13 PM EST

On the same day that a vacancy opened with a franchise now run by Ryan Grigson, a man who has spent several years working with Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, the former Lions coach’s name has arisen in connection with another head-coaching job.

The Raiders have requested permission to interview Mornhinweg, according to Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network.

Mornhinweg becomes the seventh candidate for job that was, per reports originating elsewhere, supposed to have only three or four candidates — and that was supposed to be resolved via a “quick decision.”

Instead, the process has bogged down. The reported candidates are Mornhinweg, Dolphins interim head coach Todd Bowles, Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen, Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael, Packers assistant head coach/inside linebackers Winston Moss, and Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

That’s a few more than three or four. And that’s not the kind of situation that will lead to a quick decision.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol at Breer

Zimmer is no longer a candidate.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Bengals got a break now that Mike Zimmer is no longer a Miami candidate. They just have to hope Tampa Bay doesn't go for him

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
In addition to Broncos OC Mike McCoy, Miami asst. Todd Bowles and Packers OC Joe Philbin being brought in for 2nd interviews w/ Stephen Ross

I read someone on twitter forget who it was that said, Zimmer was too honest and blunt with the Miami front office and they didn't like it..

Lol

That's kind of bizarre. Kudos to zim though. Have to respect that.

C

Cr122

Steve Spagnuolo to meet with Saints Wednesday
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 17, 2012, 5:45 PM EST

Saints coach Sean Payton said he would look far and wide for the most talented coach available to be his next defensive coordinator.

He will start that search with Steve Spagnuolo. It wouldn’t surprise us if the search ended there as well.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the former Rams head coach will meet with the Saints on Wednesday. We suspect New Orleans wouldn’t meet with the former head coach unless they were ready to hire him.

Spagnuolo may have his choice of jobs. Indianapolis could be interested and Philadelphia might also be a fit. New Orleans would seem to be the most attractive because of the presence of Drew Brees.

The quickest route for Spagnuolo to get back on the head coaching radar is to win another Super Bowl as a coordinator.

Unless, of course, Spags is already on the head coaching radar with the Colts.

Reaction score
If Morningwhig goes to the Raiders, that's a significant blow to the Eagles coaching staff.

Say what you want about how he failed in Detroit, but he's one hell of an offensive coordinator/QB coach. I know Andy Reid loves the guy.

Reaction score
The Raiders are looking inept IMO. I get firing Jackson...and support it, but I thought McKenzie had someone lined up. He does not and did not...and now he is interviewing former FAIL coaches.

Reaction score
I figured McKenzie was going after a GB coach, but now he's kinda all over the place. The Raiders job should be pretty attractive at this point. They have some decent weapons and can compete in that division.

If the Denver OC takes that job, they'll be in a good position. I think McCoy is a brilliant OC after what he did this season. The Broncos offense wasn't always effective, but most coaches would be completely crippled by having to redesign a playbook mid-season. Por ejemplo...Garrett can't even make minor adjustments in the middle of a game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I figured McKenzie was going after a GB coach, but now he's kinda all over the place. The Raiders job should be pretty attractive at this point. They have some decent weapons and can compete in that division.

If the Denver OC takes that job, they'll be in a good position. I think McCoy is a brilliant OC after what he did this season. The Broncos offense wasn't always effective, but most coaches would be completely crippled by having to redesign a playbook mid-season. Por ejemplo...Garrett can't even make minor adjustments in the middle of a game.

yeah...ok

[rollseyes thingie]

C

Cr122

Coaching staff might get another hire
January, 19, 2012

By Calvin Watkins

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys will bring back running backs coach Skip Peete, offensive quality control/wide receivers coach Keith O'Quinn and assistant offensive line coach Wes Phillips. Their contracts were up following the 2011 season.

Peete, who has worked with newly hired offensive line/offensive coordinator Bill Callahan, signed a two-year contract with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys also hired secondary coach Jerome Henderson replacing Dave Campo,whose contract wasn't renewed. Campo has become the defensive coordinator at Kansas.

Brett Maxie and while he was asked to return decided to become the secondary coach with the Tennessee Titans this week.

Coach Jason Garrett said he does have plans to replace Maxie by hiring an assistant secondary coach to help Henderson.

Top Bottom