cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
the NFL announced that the call was incorrect and shouldn't be a 15 yard penalty

I'm not a referee basher like dblair but that penalty was absolutely critical in the game at that point. We would have put some points on the board that drive

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the NFL announced that the call was incorrect and shouldn't be a 15 yard penalty

I'm not a referee basher like dblair but that penalty was absolutely critical in the game at that point. We would have put some points on the board that drive

Its unfortunate. I have no problem with them calling a legit penalty if its the rule, but when you haven't called something in 30+ yrs calling it for the first time in a playoff game just doesn't seem right.

Seems like something the league/refs should tell teams about during preseason and that its going to start being looked at.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
which made me think, "William was the first player to do this in 30 years??" it didn't pass the smell test.

Like I said last the other day, I've noticed players do exactly the same thing for years and there was never an issue. Seems like common practice for everybody.

Michael Lombardi is saying multiple teams called the league about this wanting an explanation, and I guess that's when they admitted it probably shouldn't have been called.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I guess Mike Pereira can suck a d

Last edited:
Reaction score
Strum is a homer but he agrees the call was right and says it was last called in 2014.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The NFL also admitted they screwed up the Benny Barnes interference penalty. That and $20 will buy you a fleshlight.

Top Bottom