junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Every year I try and share the info I've gotten regarding the Draft. I know a lot of you have been sending me PMs asking for what I'm hearing this year. My blackberry has been buzzing. Here's the latest scoop.

The first thing I'd like to confirm is that Jerry is getting ALOT of calls about trades. They could be in a great position to move up, move down or even just stay right where they are.

I'd also like to confirm that this is firmly Garrett's war room. There won't be a player on the roster he doesn't want. Now that he is entering the 7th year of his tenure, he's got things running smoothly and he's ready to assume his place in the war room. To the right of Jerry and kind of behind him. Not quite in the corner, but almost. He kinda gets to scoot up to the table sometimes unless Charlotte wants to.

What about Will McClay, you ask? Well, he is there to keep everyone on the same page. He's a de facto GM that doesn't get final say about anything. He coordinates the consensus. Remember when the room disagreed on Shariff Floyd's scheme fit on draft day? That won't happen now, so there's no way they'd consider a press man corner without ball skills for a Tampa 2.

QB is not in play at #4. In fact, the Cowboys front office doesn't even think one of the top two QBs will be there at 4.

Apparently, Dallas is looking at S, CB, DL, LB and RB hard in this draft. Don't be shocked if they go QB, WR, TE, OL, K or P as well somewhere between rounds 1 and 7.

A TE in the second round? Entirely possible. They resigned Hanna and have Witten coming back. But with Escobar's injury, they are worried about TE depth and really want to make the two TE set a staple of their offense this year. With the plethora of high scoring two TE sets in the NFL, both now and throughout history, Dallas really wants to emulate that kind of attack. You might even see some 3 and 4 TE sets to utilize all these weapons.

I emailed one of my key sources with the Cowboys about Robert Nkemdiche. Apparently, they weren't aware that he's had some off field issues and now may have him off their board due to my information. He may even be "in the box"

I was texting with one of the scouts on the team and he said the coaching staff, particularly Marinelli, love Tyrone Holmes, DE, Montana. They think he's basically a more talented version of J.J. Watt with better hair.

Lots of talk right now of Ramsey or Elliott? Elliott or Ramsey? I can tell you that if they draft Ramsey and Elliott is there when they get on the clock in 2, they will rush to the podium with the pick. 100% guaranteed.

Another guy the team is high on is Nick Martin. I would actually be thrilled about this pick since I emailed the team and let them know he was Zack Martin's brother. They weren't aware of that and it definitely put him on their radar due to their success with Zack.

That's all I've got for now. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted with any late breaking news I get!!!!!!!

Top Bottom