bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne earns high praise from Herm Edwards

June, 25, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Former NFL player and coach and current ESPN Insider Herm Edwards ranked the top 10 cornerbacks for 2016. That's right, 2016.

Dallas Cowboys corner Morris Claiborne, who enters his second season this fall, comes in at No. 10.

You have to be an ESPN Insider to read the entire list, but here's a portion of what Edwards said about Claiborne:

Claiborne struggled some last season, but midway through found his way and improved in coverage. He's deficient in terms of fundamentals, but Monte Kiffin's system will help with that -- forcing him to play with technique.

In the offseason, Claiborne bulked up and said he practiced pain free for the first time since his junior year at LSU. If you remember, Claiborne missed the entire offseason of his rookie season while recovering from wrist surgery. Claiborne also sprained a knee in training camp. There were times when Claiborne struggled in man coverage, as Edwards pointed out, and you were still looking for interceptions, but Claiborne did a nice job of being around the ball as the season progressed.

Another season in the NFL should help Claiborne, and with the new 4-3 scheme with defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin designed to force more turnovers, maybe the 2012 first-round pick of the Cowboys will start to make impact plays.

Reaction score
This is how bad ESPN has gotten..... in a production meeting someone actually said "Hey, how about a segment on who will be good four years from now?" And then someone said, "Good idea. Run with that."

Reaction score
Correct, Midswat.

I almost never watch ESPN television anymore. Sometimes I'll listen to Mike & Mike during my commute, but that's it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is how bad ESPN has gotten..... in a production meeting someone actually said "Hey, how about a segment on who will be good four years from now?" And then someone said, "Good idea. Run with that."

The only defense I'll give them is how do you possibly talk almost 24/7 about a sports league and not hit on some stupid topics? It's hard enough during the season, but in the offseason it's pretty much impossible for every topic to be reasonable. There's really just too much time to fill anymore.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Correct, Midswat.

I almost never watch ESPN television anymore. Sometimes I'll listen to Mike & Mike during my commute, but that's it.

I don't mind Mike & Mike but Dan Patrick smokes them IMO.

ESPN is awful now. Only watch/listen when I have no other choice.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ha. Not what I meant. I watch ESPN if they are the only one showing a certain game , like Monday Night Football or a college game. I watch Fox, NFLN , and even CBS before I'd watch their NFL pregame, I use the internet to find a score instead of ESPNews, watch the NFL draft on NFLN, stuff like that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Books are entertaining too, Christopher.

Plus they would make you a whole lot more interesting.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'll get on that. I'll start with those popular Twilight books I keep hearing about.

Reaction score

Ran dry with lists of historic players. Dealing in four-sight now.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Herm has had nothing but good things to say about the Cowboys organization, Jerry or the players since he got it in his head that he wanted to be the Coach in Dallas. He takes sucking up to a new level and he should know by now that it will never happen. I have lost count of the number of times that he has mentioned that he would take the job.

Top Bottom