sbk92

Reaction score
SportsDayDFW sports

Cowboys beat writer David Moore answered your questions in a chat Friday. Here are some highlights.

Steven asks ... Teams can't release players until after the Super Bowl. If there is no CBA in place will the Cowboys still release players or will they wait to see how the CBA plays out?

DAVID MOORE: This is one of the major questions teams will have to answer. Say you release a several starters with the idea you will replace them in free agency. Free agency is frozen until an agreement is in place, and then once an agreement is reached the free agency period has been condensed to five business days. Suddenly, there's a land rush and you don't get the players you want. My belief is teams will be a little more cautious and might hang onto players they wouldn't otherwise until the labor issues are resolved.

Noah asks ... As inappropriate as it would seem, was Jason Garrett at Todd Bowles interview with Jerry? If not, do you think Garrett will be calling him back out for a DC position interview?

DAVID MOORE: Garrett was not part of the Bowles interview. Even though everyone knows Bowles had not chance to be this team's head coach, the Dolphins only gave the Cowboys permission to talk to him because it was for the head coaching vacancy. It would have been inappropriate to have Garrett take part in the interview. If the Cowboys are interested in Bowles as defensive coordinator, they must call the Dolphins again and request another interview. I doubt that will happen.

sbk92

Reaction score
It'd have been nice for him to elaborate on why he doubts that will happen.

sdogo

Reaction score

I'm surprised Moore is being this ignorant. He has been around long enough to know better. These interviews with "potential" HC's are often nothing more then brain picking sessions. Jerry and Jason need all they need to know about Bowles and vice versa. I highly doubt a second interview would take place regardless. Bowles is a defensive minded coach, I'm sure his interview included all his suggestions and plans on how he would improve this Cowboys defense.

I guess for the sake of argument, he is probably right here yet still so wrong.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

It'd have been nice for you to provide proof to your bullshit about Parcells not wanting Newman, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It'd have been nice for you to provide proof to your bullshit about Parcells not wanting Newman, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

Yeah, the genius wanted Dwayne Robertson instead of Newman, fortunately we didnt get the chance to take him.

Would have ranked right up there with those other brilliant moves like Bobby Carpenter, Jacon Rogers, Al Johnson and Skyler Green.

sbk92

Reaction score
Parcells wanted Kevin Williams in that draft.

At the time, I thought he was wrong. Turns out the first ballot hall of fame genius was right. Again.

sbk92

Reaction score
Would have ranked right up there with those other brilliant moves like Bobby Carpenter, Jacon Rogers, Al Johnson and Skyler Green.

Now tell me the head coach you can't do that with.

Your dumbass has bitten the hand that fed you. It's because of the coach you hate that your Cowboys aren't complete dogshat right now and you're not bright enough to know it.

You deserve the Campos and Wade Phillipses of the world.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

At the time, I thought he was wrong. Turns out the first ballot hall of fame genius was right. Again.

He did want Williams too, but Robertson was the guy they said was his first choice. Fortunately he got picked before we went on the clock.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Your dumbass has bitten the hand that fed you. It's because of the coach you hate that your Cowboys aren't complete dogshat right now and you're not bright enough to know it.

Point is, he wasnt right all the time. As someone such as the poster with brown Parcells butt stain all over his face tries to intimate.

Reaction score

Parcells coveted Robertson. That was well known.

There's a reason why the Jets traded up to #4, one spot ahead of us.

sbk92

Reaction score
He did want Williams too, but Robertson was the guy they said was his first choice. Fortunately he got picked before we went on the clock.

That might be true.

Jimmy didn't target Emmitt Smith. He settled for him. What's your point?

Do I need to review the draft record of Tom Landry? I'm sure I can find some real whiffs.

sbk92

Reaction score
Point is, he wasnt right all the time. As someone such as the poster with brown Parcells butt stain all over his face tries to intimate.

You're talking to the wrong guy. I've never accused Parcells of being a top draft guru. Though he is pretty solid.

My dream set up would have Ron Wolf or Jimmy Johnson running the draft with Bill Parcells coaching the players.

Cythim

Reaction score
Parcells is a hack. Every time he went to the Super Bowl he had Belichick running his defense. His record without Belichick is an amazing 55-57 and 0-3 in the playoffs. He ran away from the giant pile of shit he created in Miami, what is he going to fuck up next?

sbk92

Reaction score
Parcells is a hack. Every time he went to the Super Bowl he had Belichick running his defense. His record without Belichick is an amazing 55-57 and 0-3 in the playoffs. He ran away from the giant pile of shit he created in Miami, what is he going to fuck up next?

This is why I have no respect for what you say.

Parcells. A guy who will walk into the hall of fame the moment he is eligible. Was "a hack".

You're an embarrassment to NFL fans.

Cythim

Reaction score
This is why I have no respect for what you say.

Parcells. A guy who will walk into the hall of fame the moment he is eligible. Was "a hack".

You're an embarrassment to NFL fans.

Your love for a man who leaned in Belichick for all of his accomplishments is an embarrassment to humanity.

Reaction score
Parcells Hall Induction will be because of what he did with the Giants 20+ years ago.

Parcells had diminishing levels of success at each successive stop. This can be attributed to his stubborness and unwillingness to adapt to the modern day game. Great coaches adapt. Parcells couldn't.

He owes his career to Bill Belichick.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The fucker quit. Was often outcoached by the competition. He pretty much sabaotaged this team in the playoff game against Seattle.

Top Bottom