junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Not necessarily what I'd do, but I could see this line of thinking.

Bring back Hatcher (2-3 year deal) and Spencer (1 year deal)

1. Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
2. Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
4. Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
5. Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
7. Wesley Johnson, OT, Vanderbilt
7. Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh (he's a guy I'd watch just because of who his coach is)
7. Bruce Gaston, DT, Purdue

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I like the first two picks. After that, not so much.

Plus, keeping Hatcher sucks, and there is no way we keep Spencer (I hope).

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hate the FA signings.

1st round pick is practical, very smart long term.

2nd round pick..no thanks. Don't want guys here with already questionable motors. Bad environment for that.

3rd round pick is going to be a monster.

4th round pick...get over him. The only thing worse than Caleb McSurdy is 4th round Caleb McSurdy.

5th round pick is a very good pick.

7th round picks are all solid but IMO, maxed out already. They will make the team but don't really improve the team.

Overall, I give you a C, which in Jerry math is an A. Good job ... ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not necessarily what I'd do, but I could see this line of thinking.

Bring back Hatcher (2-3 year deal) and Spencer (1 year deal)

1. Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
2. Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
4. Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
5. Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
7. Wesley Johnson, OT, Vanderbilt
7. Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh (he's a guy I'd watch just because of who his coach is)
7. Bruce Gaston, DT, Purdue

I would hope if they take Kareem Martin, its after moving down in the 2nd and getting another pick somewhere.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
A few things:
1) As I said, not necessarily what I'd do, especially the free agents
2) I tried to avoid Tripp. Haven't mocked him much especially since he has moved up a lot but was looking for a LB in that area. It was too late for Christian Kirksey according to Draft scout. And if you think he's McSurdy you don't know anything about him so fuck off

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Junk, mock your way man. Don't let my criticism or anyone else's influence them. If there's a guy you loved in college, watched all of the time, etc., then there is nothing wrong with wanting to see him as a Cowboy.

I try to treat each mock how I'd feel if the Cowboys actually made those picks. I tend to be way too critical in all things. I piss people off with my comments but in truth, I love mock drafts and am glad whenever you guys do them. My sarcasm and/or criticism is just my "style".

but Jordan Tripp still sucks....

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No way does Jerry take OL with our 1st pick the way our defense played last year. It'll be DL, LB, or S or trade out.

Spencer, Ware and Hatcher all will be gone because Jerry sucks as our GM and overpays for aging players.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No way does Jerry take OL with our 1st pick the way our defense played last year. It'll be DL, LB, or S or trade out.

Spencer, Ware and Hatcher all will be gone because Jerry sucks as our GM and overpays for aging players.

He even said himself that he might do just that. It probably depends on what (if anything) they do in free agency and how the board falls. I

Top Bottom