Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/06/kfc_apologizes_after_mississip.html

JACKSON, Miss. -- KFC Corp. says it's investigating allegations that a restaurant employee in Jackson, Mississippi, asked a 3-year-old to leave because her facial injuries disturbed other patrons. The company is also giving $30,000 toward Victoria Wilcher's medical bills, a spokesman said Sunday.

The allegation about KFC was made Thursday on "Victoria's Victories," a Facebook page following Victoria Wilcher's recovery from a pit bull attack in April. The administrator posted a photo showing Victoria smiling shyly in spite of her facial scars and cartoon-decorated eye patch, and wrote, "Does this look scary to you? Last week at KFC in Jackson MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners."

KFC posted an apology the next morning, requesting details.

"As soon as we were notified of this report on Friday, we immediately began an investigation, as this kind of hurtful and disrespectful action would not be tolerated by KFC," spokesman Rick Maynard wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press. "Regardless of the outcome of our investigation, we have apologized to Victoria's family and are committed to assisting them. The company is making a $30,000 donation to assist with her medical bills. The entire KFC family is behind Victoria."

Her grandmother Kelly Mullins said Victoria had just been to a doctor's when they stopped at the restaurant. She ordered mashed potatoes for Victoria because she thought the hungry child could swallow the soft food without chewing.

She says she was then approached by an employee. "They just told us, they said, 'We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers,'" she told WAPT-TV.

Victoria wept all the way home and now is embarrassed by her appearance -- something that wasn't the case before, Mullins said.

"She won't even look in the mirror anymore," Mullins said. "When we go to a store, she doesn't even want to get out" of the car.

Victoria was attacked by pit bulls at her grandfather's home. The dogs broke her nose, both jaws, cheekbones and right eye socket; the right side of her face is paralyzed and she lost that eye, according to her Facebook site. Her bottom jaw was reconstructed but she needs a feeding tube and must grow more bone in her face before more surgery is possible, it states.

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand how someone can say that to a kid.

Like we all run into people with horrific ailments and We in order:
A.) appreciate we're healthy
B.) try our best to be cool

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I read the story and there's some suggestion the grandmother fabricated it.

Which I can almost believe because when you see the pics, it's not even that gruesome. Terrible for the little girl to be sure, but she's still pretty cute... It's not like she's completely disfigured.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Must have been a blackie who said it.

I worked in Jackson for years and I can promise you that the KFC worker had a very dark skin condition( I am trying to be PC with my comments. Working at a chicken shack is kinda like winning the lottery for some people. Jackson has become a Hell hole over the last 20 years. The whole city has become a drug haven. The police are bought off and there are shootings there on a daily basis. Jackson went through a classic case of "white flight" and the white population has all moved to surrounding towns. They just drive to the city to work. It wouldn't surprise me if the child was black and grandma is trying to get a payday. It is common there for stuff like that to happen. If the story is true, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was, the KFC bitch should get a beat down. I am not surprised by anything that happens in Jackson after working there.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
The child is white.

This us an easy one to figure out. The racist KFC employee was screwing around with the little white girl and granny got pissed, as she should. That was probably the only white people that has been to that KFC in quite some time. White people should know better than to go to a chicken joint in Jackson Mississippi. It is an unnatural act. Jackson has a great children's hospital and I figure the child was from out of town.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I truly believe that that this is jnday going out of his way to be on his best PC behavior. Which is absolutely great. Tell me that isn't a man you want to drink whiskey with and shoot rabbits out in the country.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The San Antonio area is full if them. I can't wait to go in September.

It's the best hunting there is. You don't wake up early, the weather is nice , and you can bag like 15 per day.

Top Bottom