Reaction score
This happened a few blocks down my block.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/mar/26/sl_missingboy_032612_171572/?news

A missing 4-year-old boy reportedly was mauled to death by a neighbor's pit bulls.

The boy, Kylar Johnson, disappeared from the 1100 block of Old Goliad Road about 8 p.m. Sunday. Family members confirmed Monday morning that the boy was dead. A justice of the peace was called to the scene.

A family friend, Ken Hutchins, said the boy was mauled by pit bulls kept in a neighbor's enclosure near his home.

Deputies were keeping observers away from where the boy was found near Village Lane, which is off Old Goliad Road several hundred yards from the boy's home.

The sheriff's office scheduled a press conference for 1:30 p.m. to discuss the case.

Neighbors and the boy's family members were walking the rural roads overnight and into the morning, looking inside abandoned homes and inside drainage pipes, shouting the boy's name as they go.

The fog limited visibility after daybreak Monday. Another obstacle to searchers: Tall grass everywhere they look. Search dogs are on the hunt, and rescuers have broadened the effort from the 1100 block of Old Goliad Road all the way to Farm-to-Market 236.

The boy's father, Cole Johnson, was cleaning his car, while Kylar was playing in the yard near him.

The father said he looked up, and his son was gone, Chief Deputy Terry Simons said.

Sheriff's deputies and neighbors searched the area for hours in the dark before they were pulled from the fields so search dogs could begin the hunt, Simons said.

Search dogs returned to the field shortly after 8:10 a.m. Three dogs were used in the hunt - one each from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the Alamo Area Search and Rescue, and the Victoria Sheriff's Department. The fog lifted about 10:30 a.m.

Eager volunteers at the scene were handing out fliers Monday morning but asked not to go into the fields yet. Some waiting were talking quietly among themselves and checking their cell phones.

Kylar, who was dirty blond hair, was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt and underwear.

Officials from the city of Victoria's mobile command joined the sheriff's office's command post.

For more information, check back to this site. The Advocate has several journalists at the scene.

C

Cr122

The owners of those pits should be shot. They definitely shouldn't be running loose.

Those owners are in deep shit.

Reaction score
Why do people have pit bulls?

If you want unpredictable maulers in your home, why not try and domesticate a fucking tiger.

Reaction score
Story is fucked up right now. The dad was cleaning his car and the boy wandered off wearing only underwear and a shirt. There is large pasture and a warehouse (we live out in the country). The dogs might have been guard dogs because this place looks like a business or shop. The neighbor wasnt home when it happened but came home today and saw the boy dead in the back yard. What gets me is this boy was not very far away and they reported the boy missing at 8pm last night but ended the search that night because of fog (are you fucking kidding me?). He was found today at 10:30am.

C

Cr122

Come, fog, rain, tornado, you bet your ass I would've continued looking.

How could you sleep knowing your kid is out there by himself. Grab a flash light for crying out loud.

Something doesn't sound right.

Reaction score
Come, fog, rain, tornado, you bet your ass I would've continued looking.

How could you sleep knowing your kid is out there by himself. Grab a flash light for crying out loud.

Something doesn't sound right.

I know right. It took over 12 hours to find him when we was nearby. The Sheriff admitted they did not do a good job...no shit!

This is a huge blow to pittbull owners. It’s like the timing of all this stuff is unreal. They are going to get banned in this town.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah something sounds odd about that.

It is not uncommon for kids to wander around obviously but to just go missing to the point that you cant find him? Doesnt make sense especially in a rural area.

if you were in a city it would be understandable or if the kid was thrown in a car, but in that type of area to just be gone? seems odd.

C

Cr122

Ever, were these dogs fenced in or on some sort of leash?

Because if they were running loose it's the owners fault.

It said the dogs were in an enclosure.

Reaction score
HEY MIDSWAT!!! YOUR TYRANOSAURUS REX KILLED 5 PPL TODAY!!!!

Not my fault. Had them fuckers in a cage.

Reaction score
Ever, were these dogs fenced in or on some sort of leash?

Because if they were running loose it's the owners fault.

It said the dogs were in an enclosure.

I am not sure. The wife drove by earlier, said there is this large pasture with a warehouse in the middle, she saw no fence. Maybe they were chained up? Facebook has all kindof sources
karnaksdogo.jpg
. One said they had 15 pitbulls. Another said it was another breed.

Reaction score
Missing boy found dead; sheriff say investigation ongoing

Originally published March 26, 2012 at 12:27 p.m., updated March 26, 2012 at 2:15 p.m.

The boy, Kylar Johnson, disappeared from the 1100 block of Old Goliad Road about 8 p.m. Sunday. Family members confirmed Sheriff T. Michael O'Connor confirmed the boy's death during an afternoon press conference.

A neighbor found the boy about 10:30 a.m. Monday near his home.

A family friend, Ken Hutchins, said the boy was mauled by pit bulls kept in a neighbor's enclosure near his home.

However, the sheriff said he could not confirm the cause of death. The investigation is continuing, the sheriff said during an afternoon press conference.

"The last thing I want to is be premature or non-factual," the sheriff said.

The boy's body was sent for an autopsy.

"We want to save somebody. We want to bring someone home to their family ... It's tough on everybody," the sheriff said.

O'Connor said he respected what family members had to say, but said his department would wait to conduct a complete investigation.

"It's real important due to the nature with what has happened with a toddler," the sheriff said. "There a lot of emotions, even with officers. We want to make sure we do it right."

He said "there are dog issues across the county," but he could not say yet whether the boy's death was caused by dogs.

The sheriff said his department responded quickly to the report the boy was missing and conducted an extensive search.

Deputies kept observers away from where the boy was found near Village Lane, which is off Old Goliad Road several hundred yards from the boy's home.

Overnight and into the morning, neighbors and the boy's family members were walking the rural roads, looking inside abandoned homes and inside drainage pipes, shouting the boy's name as they go.

The fog limited visibility after daybreak Monday. Another obstacle to searchers: Tall grass everywhere they looked. Rescuers searched from the 1100 block of Old Goliad Road all the way to Farm-to-Market 236.

The boy's father, Cole Johnson, was cleaning his car, while Kylar was playing in the yard near him.

The father said he looked up, and his son was gone, Chief Deputy Terry Simons said.

Sheriff's deputies and neighbors searched the area for hours in the dark before they were pulled from the fields so search dogs could begin the hunt, Simons said.

Search dogs returned to the field shortly after 8:10 a.m. Three dogs were used in the hunt - one each from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the Alamo Area Search and Rescue, and the Victoria Sheriff's Department. The fog lifted about 10:30 a.m.

Eager volunteers at the scene were handing out fliers Monday morning but asked not to go into the fields yet. Some waiting were talking quietly among themselves and checking their cell phones.

Kylar, who was dirty blond hair, was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt and underwear.

Officials from the city of Victoria's mobile command joined the sheriff's office's command post.

For more information, check back to this site.

The boy's family said they would talk with the media soon.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/mar/26/sl_missingboy_032612_171572/?breaking

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's the same thing from these dogs over and over and over. I'm shooting the dog and the owner if that ever happens to me.

Top Bottom