Reaction score
Gil Brandt tweet

"Ashland TE Adam Shaheen told me he grew 2 inches in college. Measured 6-6 1/2, 278 today. Wants to run under 4.8, said he ran 4.72 last week"

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
TJ Logan putting in an impressive performance today. Would help this team as a COP back and kick returner. Unfortunately Garrett and the FO have a boner for Dunbar and Whitehead so it won't happen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wish both Dunbar and Whitehead would get caught stealing panties like the last looser we had at RB so we could move on from both of them

Reaction score
Bama's Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick, is being sent home from combine for heated argument with a hospital worker, sources tell ESPN

Reaction score
John Ross ran anywhere from a 4.16 to a 4.22 40, depending on who you ask and how it was recorded.

So he'll be loooooong off the board before we get on the clock.

Reaction score
Vols receiver Josh Malone runs a 4.41.

Please draft him, Dallas.

Yeah. I thought Malone had some lead in his legs in his game speed. I thought wrong.

Chris Godwin ran a 4.42. I just like the scrappy play with contested throws.

Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS -- The quarterbacks took center stage Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, and just like two months ago in the national title game, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson was the best player on the field.
Throwing immediately after North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky (who also performed very well), Watson delivered accurate passes all over the field, showing impressive rhythm, balance and accuracy in the complicated five- and seven-step drop passes that he was rarely asked to make at Clemson.
The performance was reminiscent of the one Marcus Mariota enjoyed two years ago, helping to erase doubts about his ability to make a similar transition from Oregon’s relatively simple spread offense, ultimately catapulting him to the No. 2 overall pick.
Whereas Watson turned heads with his surprisingly polished footwork and consistent ball placement, Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer was a stark and disappointing contrast a few hours earlier.

There is no questioning Kizer’s arm talent. The ball comes out of his hand as impressively as any quarterback testing this year in Indianapolis. He looked off-balance dropping back, however, and was sporadic with the placement of his front foot when stepping into his throws. As a result, Kizer sprayed the ball, forcing his receivers to adjust, including on relatively simple curl routes to right side in which on three successive passes he threw a very high pass, a well-thrown ball that would have hit his receiver in the chest and a very low one.
Trubisky, the top-rated quarterback on NFLDraftScout.com’s board, threw the ball well, showing the efficient set-up and delivery, smooth throwing stroke and accuracy that belies his 13 career starts. Before throwing, Trubisky also showed off his exceptional athleticism, officially clocking in at 4.67 seconds in the 40-yard dash, which perhaps appropriately enough was one hundredth of a second behind Watson’s best time.
Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes II and California’s Davis Webb also fared well in the afternoon quarterback session. Like Watson, Mahomes and Webb were each surprisingly smooth in their drops despite playing their entire careers in Air-Raid spread offenses. Mahomes has an absolute rocket for an arm and showed good trajectory on the deep ball and post-corner. He does have a three-quarters delivery that will be a concern for some, especially given that he measured in at “only” 6-foot-2.
Webb created buzz at the Senior Bowl and built upon that momentum Saturday. He was especially impressive on the deep dig routes, hitting receivers in stride on the throw some feel is the toughest quarterbacks are asked to complete in Indianapolis because it requires timing with receivers they’ve just met.

While Trubisky, Mahomes and Webb flashed, the day belonged to Watson, who was easily the most consistent passer to throw at this year’s combine.
From the deep balls and gauntlet drills early (that scouts use more to evaluate receivers than the quarterbacks) to the slants, speed outs, digs, post-corners later in the workout, Watson consistently hit his receivers in stride, an impressive feat given that he had likely only thrown to two of them (former teammates Artavis Scott and Mike Williams) prior to his combine preparation.
Appropriately enough, it was Williams who was the receiver on the Watson’s final toss of the day.
The two lifted their hands in salute to each other before Williams took off, hauling in a post-corner, the final of three consecutive drop-in-the-bucket throws delivered by Watson.

Reaction score
Great workout today by #Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham:

40: 4.67
10: 1.56
VJ: 35"
BJ: 10'05"

Also impressed in positional drills.

------

Really think he could be our pick.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Another of Cmd's favorites, Kansas State DE Jordan Willis, also had a great combine.

40YD DASH: 4.53 SEC
BENCH: 24 REPS
VERTICAL: 39.0 INCH
BROAD: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC
20YD SHUT: 4.28 SEC

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would love to have him, but unless the Browns are just wanting to give the Cowboys the greatest draft discount ever it aint happening.

#1 pick worth 3000 pts, #28 pick worth 660 pts. All our picks in this years draft don't even amount to half what that #1 pick is worth.

We'd be having to trade away multiple future HIGH picks and probably some other stuff to get anything even remotely close.

Id be willing to throw Romo at them and a pick or two depending on which pics there were

Fuck Romo and his feeling or what he wants. He's a commodity to be traded and used for bargaining. This is a business after all

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another of Cmd's favorites, Kansas State DE Jordan Willis, also had a great combine.

40YD DASH: 4.53 SEC
BENCH: 24 REPS
VERTICAL: 39.0 INCH
BROAD: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC
20YD SHUT: 4.28 SEC

Yeah I had been hoping he might be our pick in 2nd round. He might have moved into late 1st/early 2nd now.

Reaction score
Kind of OT but are you guys excited about the draft?

I remember back in the day I used to get ecstatic about the draft. Counting down like a kid to Christmas. Especially the 2002 draft with Roy.

This year I haven't really targeted a player I really really hope we draft. And I haven't been reading a lot of mocks or even doing mocks like we used to do the site mock's here on this forum. But checking out Walterfootball.com this morning, I kind of started to get excited for it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all the talking heads have been saying this draft is loaded too. really wish we had more picks. so many comp picks this year too and we don't have shit.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I remember back in the day I used to get ecstatic about the draft. Counting down like a kid to Christmas. Especially the 2002 draft with Roy.

This year I haven't really targeted a player I really really hope we draft. And I haven't been reading a lot of mocks or even doing mocks like we used to do the site mock's here on this forum. But checking out Walterfootball.com this morning, I kind of started to get excited for it.
I care less than I ever have. Funny, I used to watch college pretty much only to look for players I thought would make good pros. Now I watch more college than ever but can't get into the draft.

Thanks, Jerry and Jason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I love the NFL Draft, one of my favorite sporting events. I hate all the garbage Goodell has done to it but the draft itself is still good stuff for me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
all the talking heads have been saying this draft is loaded too. really wish we had more picks. so many comp picks this year too and we don't have shit.

Almost every year we hear "This draft is REALLY loaded!!!!!"...."This draft is REALLY deep".

The one good thing is this draft does appear to have some talent at the positions we really need the most help at (DB, DE and WR)

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I love the NFL Draft, one of my favorite sporting events. I hate all the garbage Goodell has done to it but the draft itself is still good stuff for me.

All the garbage Goodell has done to it? Like making it a 3 night thing? I always enjoyed the middle of the week marathon drafts of my youth... But this set up isn't all that bad. Friday night is my personal favorite with the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I recorded the last day of the combine with the D linemen and linebackers

Who should I be looking for that we might have a shot at at #28

Top Bottom