Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Would you look to replace the guy? I'd like to have another Murray type that can get you the tough yards on 3rd 1 or 2. Maybe we can get a short yardage back for those situations? Idk.

Through the first 5 games, McFadden put up 129 yards. Over the next 10 games he puts up a respectable 868 yards with 5 of those games going over 100. He's averaged 4.5 ypc as the starter. I just can't get over the low TDs, only 3.

Is he a keeper, or can any RB do those things behind this line?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think he is under contract for next year...he's played well and stayed healthy for the first time in probably forever

Still, I wouldn't count on him as the every down back next year, I'd be looking for an upgrade or at the very least a guy who can split carries and eventually develop into the lead guy

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely they have to find someone. Turbin might just be a placeholder, and Mcfadden will always have injury concerns. The Cards got Johnson in RD3 and the Seahawks stole Rawls as a free agent, but the Cowboys are the only team to say "I guess we won't be getting a RB" after the sexier names are gone in the first round.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think he is under contract for next year...he's played well and stayed healthy for the first time in probably forever

Still, I wouldn't count on him as the every down back next year, I'd be looking for an upgrade or at the very least a guy who can split carries and eventually develop into the lead guy

He was somewhat inaffetive as a split carries guy. That would be my only objection to going another route. Unless you're losing Dunbar and you want to strictly use McFadden as a change up and mainly as a receiver out of the backfield on 3rd down. I like him in that role. But not a 10-12 carry guy. He seems to need a consistent amount of carries to get going. You can't do that with him, imo.

Unfortunately this offense only works with a workhorse back. So if you don't like McFadden in that position, you have to go find another starter who can handle 25 touches a game.

Reaction score
I like the idea of starting 2016 with McFadden as the RB1, with a early to mid round drafted rookie RB2. If we could pull Henry in the 2nd, that would be ideal.

Reaction score
I'd take a mid round flier on the kid from Utah. He's a big physical back. Maybe the Florida RB.

Overall this draft seems light on RB talent.

Re: McFadden, I think he's good enough to be the lead again going into 2016.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Kenneth Dixon, RB,5-10 #215 Louisiana Tech
Kenyan Drake, RB,6 #210 Ala
Jonathan Williams, RB, 5-11 #225 Ark
Alex Collins, RB, 5-11 #220 Ark

any of these guys in the 3 rd

Top Bottom