Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm about as jaded as you can get with this team, it's owner/GM and it's dolt coach. But it's not fair to say Prescott wasn't given a moving pocket or play action. He was and he handled it well which why I'm holding out that he could be a good QB. Those are things that I look for, as well as arm strength and accuracy.

We all know he's going to see things he's never seen before and the speed of the game if far different in the NFL than anything he's ever seen. But I've gotten to the point where I believe we've gone as far as we can go with Romo. He'll never last a whole season and, even if he does, the skill set will start to erode even further. I've seen enough to know that Dak is the best back-up we've had, not just because of his skill set and intelligence, but also because he's a step in the right direction for the future of the franchise. We are/were going nowhere with McGee, Weeden, Cassel, Showers or Moore. We need to get serious about finding the next "one." Prescott may or may not be it, but then we move on and draft the next guy.

My only reservation is I'm still not convinced the dolts running this team can find that guy so all hopes are on us hitting gold with Prescott. And for all those folks who think it was part of some master plan or the team knew Prescott had "it," let's not forget that we frantically tried to move up for Lynch and would have drafted Cook if he was available.

Prescott is light years ahead of any QB we've had not named Romo and Aikman.

You can just tell. He has 'it'. Just like Romo proved to have.

Reaction score
Prescott is light years ahead of any QB we've had not named Romo and Aikman.

You can just tell. He has 'it'. Just like Romo proved to have.

I still see that there is another possibility to the the Dak success theory.

It think the embarrassment was so bad last year, completely indicting a coaching staff who was supposed to be able to produce something from Weeden, Cassel and Moore; a coaching staff who had the same offensive line as the record breaking 2014 and added MCFadden (whether you like him or not, he was not some mentally tasharded Undrafted Hambrick); a coaching staff whose Pro BowlTE, uncoverable slot WR and "#2" WR were still Available to play.

Watch Dak's first game, it doesn't even matter that the Rams were playing vanilla defense, the plays themselves were different. More lateral movement. More immediate decisions on one open player, not a big extended time scan of the field until someone looked open. I think the playbook is changed for Dak and given that his supporting cast is so strong, he doesn't need to be messianic, he just need to follow a play. I know the Linehan offense is much different from the Garrett offense and what I saw in the first preseason game was not "wait for the defense", it was "throw to the player that the play was designed to target" which is a lot like Martz. Kurt Warner and Martz worked well (along with having elite speed at WR) because Martz wanted players open immediately (he called it "mismatches").

I think Dak's success might end up being more about making things simple for him and him having such a powerful supporting cast - except at #2WR.

Reaction score
Tough situation because Dak would have been the back up. They went after Foles earlier in the offseason and it didn't pan out. Not much was left, but I'm definitely tired of having to rely on guys like Weeden and Sanchez.

The problem, as always, is that unless a QB has natural talent and ability, they are going to be useless here under Garrett and Wade's "coaching". Mediocre players are not coached up when you have a clownass running the operations.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tough situation because Dak would have been the back up. They went after Foles earlier in the offseason and it didn't pan out. Not much was left, but I'm definitely tired of having to rely on guys like Weeden and Sanchez.

The problem, as always, is that unless a QB has natural talent and ability, they are going to be useless here under Garrett and Wade's "coaching". Mediocre players are not coached up when you have a clownass running the operations.

I wonder how much we'd know about Dak right now if the Boise st QB hadn't broke his leg.

I'm unconvinced that anything other than the desperation of circumstance would have given Dak the reps

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree

Not that I wish anyone to get injured but I am glad that we got to see what Dak can do already. Otherwise he may have ended up another unproven, undeveloped, unused commodity that wastes away on the sidelines like Romo's career under Garrett

I hope Dak pans out so we can all get past this Romo's gonna win us a Super Bowl bullshit

Can he? Sure, is his body capable of lasting the season to allow it to happen? No way in hell

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't have a big problem with it. He's won games, QB'd teams to the playoffs and actually been in championship games.

We got him on a 1yr deal for fairly cheap and it didn't cost us any draft picks, unlike Minnesota did trading a 1st and 4th for a #1 overall pick bust who's fragile and the picture of mediocrity even when he is on the field.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sure he's been to playoff games. And he lost them

And he couldn't even make the bottom of the Broncos depth chart

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Speaking of the Broncos, did anyone watch the special on NFL Network about their Super Bowl win?

Pretty aggravating to see that Denver has been to the Super Bowl 4 times (& won 3) since the Cowboys last went to a Super Bowl.

Even more aggravating to see after they lost the Super Bowl 2 years ago, they fired their coach and managed to get back and win it all in two years with a broken down QB and utilizing a back up QB to win games while Peyton was out. Not to mention doing so with D Ware and cast off Cowboy coaches Wade Phillps and DiCamilis

Yet my buddy constantly drones on how they had their core and the Cowboys have had to rebuild theirs over the last 5 years, last year was just unlucky.

Makes me want to punch a baby, Im sick of the fucking excuses

Reaction score
Garrett is building a team that'll win Super Bowls. That's right, plural.

Denver just won one under Kubiak. They can keep that flash in the pan success. It won't hold a candle to Garretts dynasty. Not guessing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He wouldn't have gotten teams to championship games if he hadn't won some playoff games first genius.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of the Broncos, did anyone watch the special on NFL Network about their Super Bowl win?

Pretty aggravating to see that Denver has been to the Super Bowl 4 times (& won 3) since the Cowboys last went to a Super Bowl.

Even more aggravating to see after they lost the Super Bowl 2 years ago, they fired their coach and managed to get back and win it all in two years with a broken down QB and utilizing a back up QB to win games while Peyton was out. Not to mention doing so with D Ware and cast off Cowboy coaches Wade Phillps and DiCamilis

Yet my buddy constantly drones on how they had their core and the Cowboys have had to rebuild theirs over the last 5 years, last year was just unlucky.

Makes me want to punch a baby, Im sick of the fucking excuses

They dont have a wild catter moon lighting as GM.

Top Bottom