CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Now that the seasons over and where we know Dallas will draft. Also, roughly where the Cowboys will be against the cap. And how much they can create. Who eligible to be released who should and who most likely will, Resignings amnd restructures will tell us what this team will end up doing moving forward to the 2013 season.

First ill start with saying im disappointed the seasons over, but im not disappointed in this team. They showed up every weak and the injuries just piled up. I can accept this season. The team isn’t perfect and they need to address some parts of the team but I think most of the team and depth is pretty much a lock. The only good thing that came out of the injuries was t showed Dallas that they do have some quality backups.

Sterlin Moore, Ernie Sims or Poppinga id like to see Dallas retain.

Now Down to the releases:

*Doug Free
Kenyon Coleman
Marcus Spears
Dan Connor

I think Sensabaugh can be released in june if one of the S’ on the team take the next step or Dallas gets a Safety in the draft.

It was hard to put Free there but I think it’s run its course. There really isn’t very much difference between Free and Parnell. Except Parnell has better Athleticism.The only way I see Free still on the team in 2013 is if he restructures. Coleman and Spears are good vs the run especially Coleman but its just a numbers game, and they provide nothing in terms of any thing symbolizing a passrush or pressure. I could actually see them keeping one but he would have to have a tremendous offseason. Connor is a younger Bradie James and whiter lol. Carter is going to be a special kind of player so Connor is gone. Im still on the fence with Ratliff where id Love for the team to release him but with the cap and its hit you might be better paying him 7 mil to play then 7 mil and get nothing to show for it. But I think he needs to move over to DE.

Restructures need to happen before Dallas can think bout signing anybody, even their own FAs.

Romo: should get a new deal and his cap will get cut in half.
Austin: should be fairly easy to restructure
*Free: If he does he’ll be a Cowboy in 2013
Ware: Another contract that could be restructured and give him more yrs more guaranteed money.

Im sure theres more they can do. But I don’t expect there to be a big spending budget they’re going to have.

Resigning FAs is where it get tricky with Spencer. I don’t think Dallas will have the money to sign him and get other players signed and whatnot. It will be hard to see spencer go but I think a team overpays for him.

Ladoucer
Sterling Moore
Poppinga or Sims
Victor Butler
John Phillips

Should all be fairly easy to get done. All for depth but atleast we know that they can play is pushed into action

In Terms of FA I don’t think Dallas will be big players but I think they’ll sign a couple vets. One guy I like he’s fairly young and is a big motor guy playing for a team lost in what they want to do.

Matt Shaughnessy DE OAK

Some others I think in pos’ Dallas needs

Jaqua Parker DE CLE
Terrance Knighton NT JAX
Ron Brace NT FA
Erik Walden OLB GB

In all I think Dallas ends up with 2 or 3 FAs. If Ratliff stays a DE I think will be the focus for Dallas this offseason

The Draft:

RD1 I Would actually prefer Dallas to trade down. But they probably wont.
Chance Warmack G Bama or Jonathon Cooper G UNC

RD2
Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

RD3
Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern

RD4
Brennan Williams T UNC

RD5
Baker Steinkuhler DE Nebraska

RD6
Mister Cobble NT Kentucky

I think the problem is the middle of the defence and the middle core of the OL. So I focused a draft there.

Warmack or Cooper would do wonders for this OL. I actually think Costa will be starting in 2013 and im ok with that. Cook can be brought back as a FA or not. Kowalski will be back and I think he can easily be a starter aslong as he can stay healthy. Chase Thomas is the guy im hoping for in this draft. Guy comes from every direction. They use Chase at Stanford the way Ryan started to use Spencer. Brandon Williams is the type of BIG body NT this team needs.

I think this offseason will be pretty uneventful but atleast the injuries of 2012 will be gone. If the Cowboys come out playing the way they did the last half of the season with a healthy team. Look out NFL.

Now to the most important part of the offeseason. COACHING

I just think this job is too big for Garrett, but if Jerry rides with him then so be it. I just wished Garrett realized that he’s not very good putting a gameplan together. I just know something needs to be done in this area because coaching has actually cost Dallas games. I know fans say that as an excuse but Dallas fans can actually say coaching has cost the team games.

ill end this with a thank you to Jerry Jones. He’s put together a deep team. Sure theres holes but theres something this team hasn’t had in a very very long time and that’s depth. This team doesn’t need to be blown up but it needs to patched up and a hole or two plugged up.

Heres to 2013.

Reaction score
Love the mock. Agree with a lot of what you say.

Question... can Free restructure? Aren't there guidelines to how much a player can restructure and reduce his salary?

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Love the mock. Agree with a lot of what you say.

Question... can Free restructure? Aren't there guidelines to how much a player can restructure and reduce his salary?

They can restructure his contract so next yr he can take the vet min and the rest of the money be given to him as another signing bonus. so next yr his contract gives him 7 mil base. U reduce that to the vet min but u add that 6 mil that ur basically cutting and add that prorated SB so its 3 mil for next season on top of whatever guaranteed money he has. You save about 2 or 3 mil. IDK if its worth it.

Top Bottom